PDA

View Full Version : SNOW COVERED MONDAY

MayinJerset
January 25th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Hope all of our East Coasters have been able to dig themselves out from the massive weekend snow storm. Although our schools are closed today all town roads have been cleared and it should be business as usual at most local stores and offices.. Some of surrounding towns have pretty rural sections and those areas may still be snowed it

DH likes to make the morning coffee but it's 7am and he's still asleep so I'm heading to the kitchen to get the coffee going. May be back later after the coffee kicks in. Have a Good Day.

Monique
January 25th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Have a great day May.

pcbatiks
January 25th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Good morning, friends. This morning my first stop is having the car serviced...oil change, etc. Then helping sort books again. The book donations are coming in faster than we can sort right now. The book sale is less about 2 months away.

I have 30 big grinch blocks next to me on my design wall right now. Yay!

Hope you all have a great day.

quiltingtrish
January 25th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Good morning May. I am enjoying my first cup of coffee with you!
Lots of roads here still pretty slick and some not even touched yet. They still have only done 1 swipe through here and only 1 lane, not 2 that they need. Oh well, it's winter. I don't drive on any of it - just get lots of exercise when I do have to walk in to work. They gave us the day off from school so I am enjoying it. I'll be in the quilt room today.

I love the library book sales in my town. They hold it 4 times a year and that's when I load up. I also donate back to them the ones I am finished with. The next one here is next Wednesday that runs for a few days. Hope the snow is off by then because even though it's right near the school, I would have to carry my purchases home.

Bubby
January 25th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Morning Miss May! I'm having a second cuppa tea with you. I'm glad you and DH are safe from the storm. My heart goes out to those who are snowed in and may have no electricity.

I just finished wiping down stove and fridge and throwing a few old things out of the crisper. I have about three loads of laundry to do and then the rest of the day is mine to sew.

Wishing everyone a warm and safe Monday.

irishrn
January 25th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Morning all. Recovering from our delightful winter storm. Lost power Friday nite and it returned 29 hours later.
It was a long haul trying to keep DH in check. He kept turning lights on and asking why they weren't working, asking for coffee, wanting tv on. We have gas logs for heat so that wasn't an issue to deal with! Had to throw out a lot of food too!!
So glad it's all over with...... Thinking spring!

Hope you all are warm and safe!

songbird857
January 25th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Morning :)
Back to the school taxi runs for now - DD started classes this morning - Forensic Science at 8 a.m. - she's really excited to take this class :) I've got to get back into the swing of a schedule - I enjoyed this past month of not having to run out.
So, besides the usual stuff today, I'm hoping to sew together my Harriet Bag, then cut some for my 365 quilt. I also must bring my etsy shop up to date, as I put myself on vacation for the past month. Whew.... gonna be a busy one! Gotta get another cuppa, then get going.
Have a great day all!

JCY
January 25th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Good Monday Morning. I just did a review of some of the postings on Fox 5 D.C. The federal govt. is closed today - most schools. My DS will be working from home. Sometime today he'll drive to College Park to take his dau. back to the univ. I think major roads are open, but secondary roads & side streets, not so good. On/off ramps are a problem, too. So thankful they did not lose power during the storm, but they have a generator for emergencies. I read where a couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Apparently the generator was in the garage, & the door they had propped open somehow closed, so the fumes went into their house. D.C. is trucking the snow to a field to get it totally off the streets.

I've been under the weather this wk.-end. Did no sewing. Watched the Broncos win the title yesterday. They're going to Super Bowl 50! Yeah. I hope they win. It would be a great finish for Peyton Manning.

Stay safe out on those snowy roads.

alliek
January 25th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Well today is sunny and in the forties here in southside VA. I hope a great deal of this snow melts. It is rock hard with an ice coating in some areas. Poor DH almost slipped down the back brick stairs trying to put a pan of bird seed out. I managed to rescue him as his feet were out from under him, holding onto the bird feeder with his arms wrapped around the railing! I managed to slide the feeder out on the deck a few feet. Hope the little ones and my cardinals find it before the crows do!