PDA

View Full Version : Jan 25, the LAST Monday of the month

Monique
January 25th, 2016, 09:02 AM
First of all, I hope all of you affected by the snow are able to get out and about today. I am assuming Blondie is still snowed in/without internet. Take care people when shoveling.

124958 124959

I spent the better part of the weekend hand quilting a UFO. It is coming along nicely. Hubby even commented last night when he saw it. HE LIKES IT. He would like it to stay here. Funny thing, he thought he could use it as a table runner. NO! It would fit on a single bed. MEN!!! Hubby spent Saturday night with the Momma and today and tomorrow he has to work and then stay at the Momma's so I won't see him until Wednesday. There is talk about him going to the camp, apparently the roads have been plowed. WOW, camp at this time of the year. I am encouraging him to go.

I work Thursday this week but nothing else scheduled as of yet. I have booked off Feb 29-Mar 4 as holidays. Retreat time. It looks like we are going to be 15 people this time. A big group indeed. I am so looking forward to getting away.

Phil's birthday is Feb 23 so I am seeing a trip to Trenton if he will be home. He may be going somewhere for a month with the military. He won't tell me where, if he did, he would have to kill me. LOL!! Les leaves Mar 3 for Las Vegas on a golf trip.

Well that all I have to say about that. Have a wonderful day friends. I hope our very own Sandy and Carrie had wonderful birthdays.

I looked for something to make you all smile this morning and I think this does the trick. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4abiHdQpc

MayinJerset
January 25th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Guess we were posting at the same time. You and your DH have a pretty full schedule coming up. Your retreat sounds like fun, anytime quilters get together you can count on that. Please stop pestering Phil about where his military time will take him, we don't want you silenced as a spy.

ceiliam
January 25th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Morning Monique and all that follow. Lazy weekend not much accomplished, I did work in back yard for about an hour. My back reminded me why I should not do this .
Good note I have really been working on get my weight down I finally got to 45 lbs this morning.
I hope to continue on my goal of going through a drawer cabinet or cleaning out something. Amazing what we accumulate. My other goal this year is to finish some of those projects that have been hanging over my head
Hope all have a wonderful safe day. Cecelia

Bubby
January 25th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had a around nice quiet weekend. Our weather was cold but no snow or ice, which is a good thing.

I got no sewing done this weekend but I got to spend time in my back issues of BLOCK, which is always fun.

Stay warm and safe everyone. Hugs....

Jean Sewing Machine
January 25th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Good morning to the snow bound and every body else! It's warming up here, and our snow is almost gone. I was busy completing a quilt top for my daughter. I planned on quilting it yesterday but the backing I bought wasn't big enough. Needed to order something different!

I gave my friend her quilt the other night (t shirt quilt done with theatre show quilts). At our annual awards dinner. We laid it out on a table for all to see. Maybe I'll get some more orders for making them, now that I know what I am doing!

Need to start working on refitting my sewing studio. It looks so clean and smells like new paint and carpet! Hate to mess it up with all my junk!

Have a great day!

Grandma Nan
January 25th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Good morning. Monique you do a great job at filling in for our Blondie. Glad you have plans and are getting away for a Retreat. That is always such a good time.

LauraP
January 25th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Good note I have really been working on get my weight down I finally got to 45 lbs this morning.
Cecelia[/QUOTE]

If you are down to 45 pounds it is time to stop.:D:lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good for you for the loss. I need to lose some to but I have decided my new philosophy is---I don't want to get down to what I used to be. I wouldn't look good at 5 lbs. 6 oz.
Have a good day everyone.

auntiemern
January 25th, 2016, 03:05 PM
A day off without the kids. Will work some more on the t-shirt quilt I am doing. Still in the cutting and fusing stage.
Not sure what I am doing differently, but after a while of cutting and ironing I am having some pain which in turn is causing anxiety because of where the pain is. I am trying to hold off going to the doc until my CT and visit in Feb.
Working on some other things when I get tired of the cutting and fusing. Been doing a little embroidery, a little applique, working on a couple of PICU quilts, and have promised my cousin a quilt for his first grand son.
Ready for the cold to be over...and ready for our trip to Disney.
Must tell you what my Bubby said to me the other day. He looked at me, and out of nowhere said " I am God's present"...Yes Bubby, you certainly are. If he only knew :)
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those that need them.

MRoy
January 25th, 2016, 03:17 PM
We're slowly digging out of the snow here. As far as I can tell, we don't have any damage at home, but there is lots of damage at various marinas on Lake Cumberland. At a local marina, a huge, 2-story houseboat sank after the roof over the boat slips collapsed due to the weight of the snow. Many boats have been damaged on this lake and on another lake in a neighboring county.

judimccl
January 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Cecelia - great news on getting the weight down. Be careful with your back though - I know how that can be and it is no fun. My sewing room got moved this weekend, so I am still trying to get everything situated in the new room :icon_heh: :icon_wave:

grandma nurse
January 25th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Most of you were battling cold and/or snow. We were in the upper 50 on Sat and got to 70 on Sunday. We finally got around to getting enough kids rounded up to work our calves. The corrals had been so wet that if you weren't careful you would sink in. My DH had that happen a couple of time and of course I felt sorry for him and whined about how dirt he got. Everything was going well, we each have our jobs, and it was a good morning. We break for lunch then head back to finish up. I knew you must follow a path to stay 'Above' ground, but guess who slipped off with her left foot. I sunk to my knee. My main problem is both knees are replacements and I have spinal stenosis in L1,L2 and L3. Really I'm there just so I can keep track of how many we work and mix the medicines. Well, one son gets a shovel and digs down in front of my foot/leg and when he got that muck dug away for me he put the shovel under my foot and another son pulls up on my leg. I'm finally at ground level with both feet but I can't stand up because it is hard to get on my knees and then with the back it is hard to get stood up. Well, I finally made it. At one point I was wondering. They had the tractor with a loader as a back up I guess but now that thought was terrifying. My DH's comment was " now why didn't someone get a picture of you". I'm thinking it is time to pass on the tally marks and med mixing to someone younger with a good able body.

SewnByBee
January 25th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Hi all, it's late afteafterafternoon . Very late start today. The cold has me kinda poking along.....it is finally warming on up.The sun has just came out and looks so much better than the dark and grey it's been for the past few days.
I've been laying up with my buddy. SCOOTER is a grate couch company... lol
He don't care if I don't feel like doing anything or not. It's just fine with him if We just snuggle and watch tv.

Hope everyone survived the winter snow storm.
This week is suppose to be better.

Have a good evening........

LauraP
January 25th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Grandma nurse, your story reminded me so much of my 20 years on a ranch in Colorado. Oh the mud up to your armpits, getting knocked over by a cow and coming up with a mud (and other unmentionable things) mask. Or the chopping ice in the pond when the wind chill was in the negatives. Thank you for reminding me I don't want to go back to that. I'm so much happier with husband 2 and no cows. Although.......the chickens, rabbits and pigeons were fun.