PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Sings

kimsophia
January 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Hoot hoot to all..."Grease" is on TV now and so there's a lot of singing and dancing going on. "Beauty School Drop Out" is my fave song from that movie... :)

I got out to Jo-Ann's today and used my Christmas gift card to buy swirl fur fabric for my quilt blanket. I told myself to buy the softest thing they had. It feels great. I can't wait until it's attached to the back of my Floating Hexagons top. I also got some Simplicity patterns since they were 5 for $5. Their spring pattern book was fun. I like the kids' clothes. I wish some of those outfits came in adult sizes!

How's it going in your tree? @,@

CraftHer
January 25th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Love that movie! That was the first movie me and my best friend went to where her mom dropped us off and my mom picked us up. The movie theatre was in a mall and we had a grand time. I remember going down the up escalator and up the down escalator. We felt so grown up.

Didn't get any quilting done this weekend. Bummer.

kimsophia
January 25th, 2016, 02:01 AM
There are some crazy costumes in that pattern book. There are really elaborate steampunk outfits, including for your dog! Those dogs were better dressed than I've ever been... :)

Cowgirl quilter
January 25th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Kimsophia, that is going to be one cuddly quilt! I got a little discouraged last time I hunted through a pattern book. I was making western shirts for the grandsons for Christmas and wanted a girl pattern for my stepgrandaughter. It didn't have to be western, just wanted a simple, long sleeved girl's blouse, size 7. I went through every book in the store, and could not find a single one. Ended up just using my boy's pattern, and putting a little narrower waist and shoulder in it. Don't girls wear blouses anymore?

DH and I went to an auction today. Didn't buy too much, but did come home with a cute enamel ware coffee pot and a whole box of denim quilt squares somebody had made. DH found a new drill and a horse blanket. We enjoy going to auctions and sometimes get some real deals, but prices were pretty high today.

stationarymom
January 25th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Hoot Hoot no singing or dancing going on here I would scare everyone else in the house.I remember that movie it was a good one.I didn't get out today I had a seizure in the morning that wiped me out for the whole day.I didn't get anything done but did watch the football game in the afternoon the Patriots are not going to the Superbowl (I can hear everyone clapping) I'm not sure why they are so disliked.

Kat Smith
January 25th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Just getting ready to head er in for the night. Very tired today, that genealogy I was working on last night kept calling me all night long, finally got up at 5:00 AM to take an other look at it. Then celebrated Hubby's birthday today, lots of go go go with the grand kids.

Want to make some of those microwave bowl holder things and have been to the fabric store twice for the batting and they don't have any. Was thinking I have a package of never opened flannelette diapers in the trunk that I just might use. Any reason they wouldn't work?

Kimsophia is it Grease the movie you are watching or the live musical that I saw an add for this evening but didn't notice when it was on?

Joan, sorry to hear about your day..... hope you are okay.

Yup this is it , fluffing my feathers and tucking in my beak, it bed for me. Have a good night all, prayers for safety for all.

Kathy

stationarymom
January 25th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Just getting ready to head er in for the night. Very tired today, that genealogy I was working on last night kept calling me all night long, finally got up at 5:00 AM to take an other look at it. Then celebrated Hubby's birthday today, lots of go go go with the grand kids.

Want to make some of those microwave bowl holder things and have been to the fabric store twice for the batting and they don't have any. Was thinking I have a package of never opened flannelette diapers in the trunk that I just might use. Any reason they wouldn't work?

Kimsophia is it Grease the movie you are watching or the live musical that I saw an add for this evening but didn't notice when it was on?

Joan, sorry to hear about your day..... hope you are okay.

Yup this is it , fluffing my feathers and tucking in my beak, it bed for me. Have a good night all, prayers for safety for all.

Kathy

Kathy thanks for asking but I am fine.I have epilepsy and have been having seizures since I was 6.They used to be hardly noticable but now I sometimes fall and just get wiped out.I don't have convulsions there is still a big difference.

kimsophia
January 25th, 2016, 03:22 AM

It was the movie with John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. I saw it when I was in high school, around 17 years old, I think...It was not long after my mom died and the song "Hopelessly Devoted to You" reminded me of her...

Judy, USMC
January 25th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Was 30 when Grease came out - so saw it through older eyes. Couldn't understand how they could cast such "old" actors as teens. That sound track is nice.

That quilt backing sound like it will be very cuddly and warm. Haven't sewn a garment in decades but that sale price was great and tempts me to make something.

Hope you have a quick recovery, Joan.

I've taken on a project that I think will be a good tool regarding Block (index, pre-cuts used, sizes and correction list all in one document.) Will be putting a call out for proof readers sometime in late February. No sewing today but will have 2 week personal retreat early Feb. Stay warm, y'all.

stationarymom
January 25th, 2016, 04:21 AM
If any owls are still hooting I just got off the phone with my sister my dad had to be rushed by ambulance to the hosp.He was in severe pain and his blood pressure was high they don't know what is up yet.If anyone believes in prayer he might benefit from a few extra tonight. Thanks in advance.

toggpine
January 25th, 2016, 04:25 AM
I had a steadily productive day. I did sleep in until 8:30 this morning, then it was pretty constant. Most of the laundry is done, with the bed linens to be done tomorrow. The kitchen windows are all cleaned and the curtains have been washed and put back up. I really need to go spelunking in the cabinets to clean out more stuff, but for now, the counters are being decluttered!

We listened to the Broncos win while the cleaning went on. Then we took advantage of the weather break and got some work done outdoors. Eric built an addition to the cat shelter on the front porch and started the remodeling of the chicken coop. I worked on part of the gardens after cleaning off the front porch and deck. Our cats live outside, supposedly in the barn, but our son built the first cat a covered spot in a little nook to keep warm before the big barn was built. Now the kitties all think it's the best place to sleep!
I did a bit more stitching while watching TV and now I think I'll pack it in for the night.
I hope you all have a good one!

Judy, USMC
January 25th, 2016, 07:56 AM
If any owls are still hooting I just got off the phone with my sister my dad had to be rushed by ambulance to the hosp.He was in severe pain and his blood pressure was high they don't know what is up yet.If anyone believes in prayer he might benefit from a few extra tonight. Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to check in before I went off to bed. Sorry to hear this news ... and praying for him now!

MayinJerset
January 25th, 2016, 08:55 AM
It's morning and I'm too late to be a Night Owl but it's never too early to say a prayer for someone in need like Joan's Dad. Hope the next news she hears is good news,

toggpine
January 25th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Joan, I hope your dad is doing better this morning.

judimccl
January 25th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Praying for your father and the medical personnel treating him. Adding prayers for God to wrap his arms around the family and give them comfort.