PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Owl Night @,@

kimsophia
January 24th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Ha ha, snowy owls...hoot hoot to all and I hope our eastern US owls can hoot back from under all that snow!

The hexagons are piling up. Their seams are matching up well for this project. Still some more to pin and sew but the end of that is in sight. Am leaning towards a blue for the cornerstones now. I have a FQ that looks good with the Blooms and Bliss prints...but I will need more than one FQ so I'm hoping to find a match at JoAnn's tomorrow...

Bulls win over the Cavs! Whoo hoo!!!

What's your latest?

Kat Smith
January 24th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Seems I have been heading her in early lately and missing out on the talk form the tree tops. Tonight I am up pulling my hair out trying to correct some genealogy. I got a message today that there was some records that are connected to me, but they all show that these people are originating in the US. MY family originates from England. so I am trying to find out who aligned them with me.

It was a beautiful day here, as far as temps go, but was overcast and gray all day. Spent the day running around. Got fabric last week for a table runner but forgot the little tiny bit I need for sashing, and after digging through my stash I found that I could have made it with fabric that I already had (except for the sashing). I had fabric the exact colors that I purchased. Tomorrow is Hub's birthday so we are going to our daughter's house for a party, but I am bringing most of the snacks. I can't believe I am married to such an old guy HAHAH!
Well I think I am going to hit the hay and watch a bit of Buffy before I drift off, or maybe it will cause me to drift off. Hope it is a good night for all and that you are all tucked safely under your feathers.

Kathy

Cowgirl quilter
January 24th, 2016, 03:03 AM
Hi owls. Ironically, here in snow country it is raining! and making a big mess as we had a foot or so of snow on the ground. Makes taking care of animals interesting.

Today my DH was gone for the day, so I got myself up to the main house and went to work on getting my Little Gracie frame set up and ready to play with. Cleaned everything really well, got all the parts on and working correctly, and loaded a practice sandwich. After watching every video I could find online a couple of times, it all went pretty well. Gotta love Youtube! All I had left to do was clean and oil my Babylock and set it on the carriage. That is when I discovered that my bottle of sewing machine oil is not to be found. I thought I brought it up with the machine, but it is not there, or in my house, or in the car. Sigh. Going out to "town" tomorrow, so will get another I guess - I am sure to find it when we get home.

Ah, 10 o'clock (that's 12 in Missouri) , time to go check out today's daily deal, then off to the nest with a good book. Sleep well.

stationarymom
January 24th, 2016, 03:21 AM
Hoot hoot We didn't get anything done today it snowed more than they predicted so we needed to shovel.The snow is dry and fluffy at least we only have about 6 inches here but it is windy and you just get something cleaned off and then the snow blows and it's covered again.I talked to my BIL and he said they had 19" in Long Island new York. There's a plow truck stuck outside my house right now. The puppy started back on dog food and now he has the runs again so I don't know if the med. for the parasite worked need to call the vet in the morning.I hope everyone is warm in their nests for now.

Judy, USMC
January 24th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Lucky hooter here in coastal NC. The record-setting storm was north of us. We did get a bit of rain but the temps were too warm (35F) to make it snow.

Got some wide backing for a Labyrinth quilt top I finished last month. Ordered that when I got the Daily Deal Kona Steel yardage. Happy to hear the hexies are going well. And have a fun celebration at the birthday party!

This owl is off to bed - under a blanket AND quilt!

Need to add: Way back I had a pup with a poop problem. Finally narrowed it down to a filler used in one of the brands of dog food. Took a month of trial and error before we found one that wouldn't go straight through her.

toggpine
January 24th, 2016, 03:51 AM
No snow here, but we did get more rain. Surprise!

I spent a good chunk of the day visiting with a friend while our kids played. Kind of nice.

I am working on a project that is quilty, but not. It is a cross stitch that is a mini log cabin quilt. I have it parked next to my spot for watching TV. That way I have something to do with my hands and be productive while in front of the idiot box.
We are watching ice skating, and one of the commentators is so snarky it is unbelievable. I know not everyone is going to win, but most of these girls are still kids. It sounds as if he is a bit jealous to not be out there in his own sparkly skirt. The girls are still doing a nice job. Then again, I doubt I could make it once around the rink on a pair of skates!
I hope you all are staying warm and snug out there!

Granny Judy
January 24th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Getting ready to settle in for the night but had to give a Hoot out to all the Night Owls.

Not doing too much this week.. just trying to finish up this Quatrefoil quilt... my shoulders and back start hurting after a few minutes .. pushing a lot of fabric around aggravates it. And this one is taking me forever.. Just a few more passes with a straight stitch, then binding and I can call this one done. Whew.

Not much else is happening here.. Just keeping warm and glad we missed the big snow storm, but My DS in Virginia is showing off pictures of all HIS snow. He always loved snow and couldn't wait to get out and make a snowman. Still a big kid!!

Boomer has been wearing his hoodie all day.....

toggpine
January 24th, 2016, 06:21 AM
OK. It's time to pack it in for the night. For the first time in a long time I made it all the way through a Saturday night live show. I don't know why, other than I was busy stitching.

I'm done. I'll catch you all on the flip side!