PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Saturday Morning

Ginny B
January 23rd, 2016, 10:53 AM
We had a nice dinner with sis and her boyfriend last night. Now we are set for a weekend at home. Snow started around midnight last night and coming down pretty heavy now. Pretty windy and blowing that snow all around. Time to have some breakfast and then spend some time in my sewing room.

Be safe all who are in this storms path.

MayinJerset
January 23rd, 2016, 12:35 PM
Began sowing here around 8pm and police dept. info predicts up to 8" today and about 2-4" overnight. Wind is shaking the trees a bit but not big time. Wind could be the reason the top of the deck railing next to our house has 5",of snow near and the railing further out into the back yard is bare. Out front our cars are pretty clear but there are drifts on the driver's side of our next door neighbor's cars. Heard a big noise by front door, seems our evergreen wreath has fallen off the outside storm door. Meant to take it down yesterday but forgot.

Time for a bit more coffee and then onto making some soup.

songbird857
January 23rd, 2016, 12:37 PM
Stay safe everyone :)

quiltingtrish
January 23rd, 2016, 12:53 PM
There is snow here for sure! I think we are at around 13" and it's still coming down the rest of today and tonight. I think they predict up to around 30". DH was outside with the gas blower which worked quite well - for the deck anyway. He came in after about 30 minutes. We still have a 300 foot driveway (4 vehicles across), my car and his truck, and the sidewalk and steps. I think it will be a weekend of going in and out until it's called finished.
I have a full crockpot of beef, tomatoes, green beans, celery, green peppers, carrots, and potatoes. It smells yummy already.

It sure is beautiful though the way God turned everything snowy white.

grammaterry
January 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM
Here in the mountains of Western North Carolina we have the biggest fluffiest white snow flakes ever. The snow is 3 inches to go before it is knee high. The driveway is 1/2 mile long and was scraped last night, but impassable this morning. We have already towed both vehicles to the top (when I say we, I mean DH) from sliding yesterday. I know he will be out there to day worrying about the drive. He gets nervous when we can't get out. We are 30 miles from town, so if something were to happen, we are on our own...but I keep thinking,...if he stays in the house...less can happen...right. Maybe I should get him a sewing machine of his own. Years ago, 1980 I think, we bought a computer and it didn't take me long to figure out why they called them PC's. I didn't like sharing. So maybe, a PSM would be appropriate to keep him in the house.

BethB
January 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
I wanted to sew today but it is too fascinating looking out the window watching the snow continue to pile up. We have about 22-23 inches so far and it continues to come down. 124851124852. In the first pic, yes, that is a wall of snow right outside our sliding door in the back. The other picture is the front yard. We are now forecasted to get 20-26 inches of snow. A couple of weeks ago we had a lot of rain several days in a row. Everyone kept saying "Imagine if this was snow!" Well, now we are finding out!!

Claire Hallman
January 23rd, 2016, 02:05 PM
That is beautiful even upside down. Al we got was a coating of ice on the deck which is a good thing. We [meaning Alabamians] do not know how to drive in snow, no one knows how to drive on ice.
Nice to be home snuggled in. quilting to resume once the wash is finished.

Carolyn
January 23rd, 2016, 03:49 PM
Somewhere near the 2' mark and it is still coming down! The tail end of the storm is slowly passing thru today and of course we are getting hit with really heavy bands of snow again. Weather says 1/2" to 1" per hour.

Bubby
January 23rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
The storm passed up by, but we had our share of ice last week. It's still plenty cold here but the sun is shining.

I'm still embroidering a few Valentine things for DD and DGS. Everything will be done today and I can get back to sewing

Have a safe and cozy day everyone.

Carole G
January 23rd, 2016, 03:58 PM
70's here in AZ today, sunny and warm. Walked the dogs this am at about 6. I like the winters here, warm and happy. Lived in Montana for ages and shoveled snow and chipped ice, retirement is good.

jjkaiser
January 23rd, 2016, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the photos Beth, wow you got hit big time!! Living in the Midwest we have definitely gotten our share but luckily not this particular storm.It is amazing how a big storm can just mezmorize you, you have things to do but you are just glued to the window watching it come down and down and down. Fresh snow is really pretty especially with the sun making it sparkle. Stay warm and safe everybody.

buckeyequilter
January 23rd, 2016, 07:43 PM
We've only had one and a half really bad driving days, this season (knock on wood). The one day was slow going to work and then even slower going coming home (the white knuckle drive). Everyone in the path of the storm....stay safe and warm.

bubba
January 24th, 2016, 12:36 AM
I've a friend who I think lives in Virginia. This morning they had 20" and it has not stopped yet. Last picture she sent was of her patio furniture. Could not even see the table as the snow was deeper than it is tall!