PDA

View Full Version : Not So Late Night Owl

toggpine
January 22nd, 2016, 02:32 AM
Well, at least not so late on the left coast. A little after 9 PM here. I'm kind of done for the night. I'll put the kiddo to bed and head for my own.

I did get all four of the sewing machines from the elementary school cleaned and oiled today. They are HuskyStar E10 machines. If the had all of the accessories, they might not be too bad. They only have one generic presser foot each. It looks like they are missing the "gibblet bag" of accessories according to the online owners manual. One of the machines is even missing the bobbin case. (I forgot how much I love front load bobbins.) Thankfully we can remedy that with a $3 part from JoAnn.
They were pretty dirty, but not too fuzzy. I can only imagine the last time they were cleaned and oiled. They didn't even have an L-shaped screwdriver to remove the foot plate. Why didn't they look for the parts when they picked up the machines? The gal who salvaged them sews. She would have known what to look for. Oh well. They are probably long gone by now.

I must go torture the child by making her brush her teeth and go to bed. It is so much fun being the unreasonable one.

Happy Hooting! C

stationarymom
January 22nd, 2016, 02:39 AM
Hoot Cathy does the Elementary school teach sewing? I was watching the weather and the weatherman is undecided about if the storm will make it up here or not.One of them says no the other says if the front slides to the north we might get hit good so I think I need some groceries just in case.

Cowgirl quilter
January 22nd, 2016, 03:41 AM
Hoot hoot, night owls. I used to think of myself as a night owl - certainly around here I am the official one, as DH is usually in bed by 9:00 in the winter months. Most nights, though, you haven't even started the thread when I hit the sack at 11:00 or 12:00. Anyway, me and my friends would like to play along. 124818

LauraP
January 22nd, 2016, 03:55 AM
those owls are adorable. They would look so good in a nursery.
Toggpine--have you looked on ebay for your goody bags? Also, when I was looking for parts for my industrial machine I googled the manufacturer and model and came up with everything I needed and all for good prices. Might be worth a try.

sewlucky
January 22nd, 2016, 04:00 AM
I love your friend Cowgirl! They are adorable.

Early morning coffee date for me tomorrow and then sitting down to sew! It's been a long week for me and I'm tired. Excited for some me time in the sewing room.

Night owls!
Terri

MayinJerset
January 22nd, 2016, 04:26 AM
Hey Cowgirl, Those are really cute owls to keep you company during the night.

A little after 2am and I'm a Night Owl tonight due to an upset stomach, too many Bday celebrations has got my stomach rumbling. Today's lunch with was to be with 3 cousins but ended being 9, 3 of my cousins and a friend of 1 cousin, my DH, my 2 sisters and brother and our DGD E. Everyone had a great time. Meal ended with a delicious Bday cake that sister C brought. We each had a small piece and I was given the leftover cake to bring home. Did I mention is was an Italian cake with rum soaked cake layers and cannoli filling? You can guess who ate that leftover cake tonight and what the consequences were. It was just a small slice of cake but one slice of the rich cake at lunch and another after dinner is more than this old gal's stomach can handle. Have to say it was a delicious cake,

Each time I hear about the approaching snow storm the more snow is suppose to fall in our area. Going to charge up our phones, check flashlight and boom box batteries and see if we still have a few gallons of water in garage pantry. I have PT tomorrow at noon and will stop at the farm market on the way home. They will probably be wiped out of milk and bread but I really want some of their chuck chop meat to make a meat loaf and mini meatballs that I put in soups. If we're going to be snowbound for a few days I may as well cook up some food for us and the freezer. Hooting off to bed, keep warm and safe out there Night Owls bad weather is one the way..

Carol336
January 22nd, 2016, 07:07 AM
Hoot Hoot everyone......been up since 3:30 - one more time. Yesterday I was able to go back to bed for a couple of hours.....hope to do the same this day too.

Cowgirl - love your little friends...so cute.

Togpine - you gotta stop torturing that child, someone just may report you to child protective services - LOL

Mary Jane - sounds like you're ready for the big storm.....I too love to cook when it's snowing outside. I've got all the makings for a big pot of chicken noodle soup - just waiting for that first flake to fall.

Hope you're all nestled in your tree hole sleeping soundly!!

toggpine
January 22nd, 2016, 01:02 PM
Hoot hoot, night owls. I used to think of myself as a night owl - certainly around here I am the official one, as DH is usually in bed by 9:00 in the winter months. Most nights, though, you haven't even started the thread when I hit the sack at 11:00 or 12:00. Anyway, me and my friends would like to play along. 124818

That is the classic problem with time zones! 7 PM for our Hawaiian contingent, 9 PM here on the West coast, 1 AM on the East, and Breakfast time for Andrea waaaay over there in Germany.
A bit confusing, but we aren't snooty here in the night owl tree. Just show up whenever, and we'll be happy to see you! We love it when our Morning Larks and other day birds drop in for a visit too.

kimsophia
January 22nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
That's right, it's noon here but I am hooting anyway. I am putting in a couple of hours work in every day on the Floating Hexagons and it is going well. I just cut some additional background color hexagons and I need to slice them in half...but I've done a lot of ironing and piecing already this morning and I'm taking a break. I do my piecing standing up as my machine is now perched on an antique drafting table's top edge. I do sit down for the pinning parts.

DishTV is getting rid of their video games channel so I'd better play Free Cell solitaire while I still can... :) Hoot hoot to all!