PDA

View Full Version : Holy moly guacalmole IT'S THURSDAY!!

Monique
January 21st, 2016, 09:21 AM
Yep I tell ya, it's true, it's Thursday already.

I finally downloaded a version of The Martian that worked on my TV. So yesterday, Les and I watched the movie. It is a great movie and I really enjoyed it. The only problem with it, is, when the Golden Globes declared The Martian the greatest comedy of the past year. SERIOUSLY? I don't think they ever watched, honestly. Comedy? It almost made me cry at some parts of it. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? For those who haven't seen, I recommend it. Sure there are a couple of funny parts but it was overall a good movie.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Last night, I called our very own GrammaKim. It sure was nice to hear her voice. You can check out her post in the Missing in Action thread.

So last night I set up my quilting frame, set the quilt on it, and decided on the stencil I was going to use. And then I got tired and went to bed. hahahaha But today I will check it out in the daylight and see if the stencil is going to work and maybe start some quilting again. But this morning I have some stuff to take to the rummage sale at the church and pick up a few things at the grocery store.

Does anyone know where Blondie is hiding at? She must have a really busy week this week. I hope all is alright in her neck of the woods.

Well that's it for me this morning. Y'all have yourselves a wonderful day and SMILE and that's a ORDER!! So there.

MRoy
January 21st, 2016, 09:46 AM
Good morning Monique! We're hunkered down here in southern KY waiting for the big snow event that's supposed to come in tonight. We've got 4" of snow already and could get up to a foot more with some ice thrown in for good measure. The grocery stores are running out of bread and milk thanks to storm prep! LOL!

I've got another donation quilt on the frame to be quilted. It may be my project while I'm snowed in. I'd like to get at least 3 more charity quilts made then tackle some piecing/quilting for myself.

Happy Thursday and if your in the path of the winter storm, stay safe and warm!

Grandma Nan
January 21st, 2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning folks
Just wanted to drop in to say hello. Haven't been posting much but I am still around. Have a happy quilting day.

Sandy Navas
January 21st, 2016, 10:16 AM
Just dropping in to let everyone know that our Blondie is alive and well, still kicking and getting her major fill of the caffeine to start her day. You've heard they had snow in North Carolina, right? Like various parts of the country, NC isn't used to all the white fluff. Needless to say, she's hunkered down making certain that Momma Ruth is well cared for. First she had to hide her car keys and then make sure the wood pile was adequate.

Okay, so I made up a wee bit of that story but she is keeping Momma Ruth safe and sound and has no wi-fi available down in the holler.

Suzette
January 21st, 2016, 10:39 AM
Stay safe all of you in the path of the nasty weather! Cuddle under a comfy quilt and wait for Mother Nature to settle herself down. :icon_bigsmile:

MayinJerset
January 21st, 2016, 10:44 AM
I'm getting antsy about the coming storm, whether it's 10-12 inches of snow or freezing rain DH and I expect to be housebound for a few days. Got stuff to keep me busy but will have to cancel some appointments.

Today it's cold and sunny so I'm not concerned about going outside especially since I'll be having lunch with my Granny cousins.
We used to be the Grandmothers Who Lunch but over the years our name got shortened to The Grannys. With one thing and another during 2015 we weren't able to met monthly as we used to so it's great to be getting back on track. Since I'm this month's hostess I invited my 2 sisters and brother to join us and that makes this lunch date even more special.

JCY
January 21st, 2016, 11:59 AM
I've been thinking of all the folks back east as they brace for what could be a whopper of a snow storm. My son lives in MD & commutes into downtown D.C., where apparently they did no pre-treatment to the roads yest. & with the early dusting of snow it was just enough to make traffic a mess with very slippery conditions. I can only imagine what it will be like if they really get 1-2 feet of snow, which is what they're predicting. The store shelves already were almost bare when my DIL went groc. shopping. I'm thankful they have a generator in case they lose power. I hope everyone out that way stays safe.

I completed the FMQ on my latest quilt yest. When I get the binding sewn on, I'll post pics. My Tiara II is working well now. I talked to the local dealer for tips on tension adjustment. Apparently I was adjusting the bobbin too loosely.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Patsquilting
January 21st, 2016, 12:16 PM
We, also, are awaiting the pending storm. It doesn't look like CT will get as much as originally thought. Unfortunately, my trip to NJ to see the birthday grandkids is off. They, on the other hand, are expecting lots - I know the Grandkids are excited to play in the snow. Guess I will have to stay in and sew - OH, DARN - there could be worse things.

Just everyone be safe. Don't take anything for granted.

SewnByBee
January 21st, 2016, 12:35 PM
Yeah, it sure is Thursday........ already.

I can't believe how fast this week has gone.
I've got errands to run before the weather gets here.
So I don't have to get back out in it. I'm guzzling. Coffee trying
to get enough get up and go to get done making my runs. It's already
cold so I move like a turtle.....��.

I finally got back my sewing machine. So now I can at least put together
some of my prepared projects while I hibernate. I'm gonna take the serger
Mil gave us and have it serviced and put some new threads on her too. I bet the same thread is on it from when ever she bought it. So I'll get it ready to
work with too. It will be nice to have around.

Hope y'all all stay warm and safe.....have a grate day.
124765.......sooner than I thought...lol

Monique
January 21st, 2016, 02:34 PM
Just dropping in to let everyone know that our Blondie is alive and well, still kicking and getting her major fill of the caffeine to start her day. You've heard they had snow in North Carolina, right? Like various parts of the country, NC isn't used to all the white fluff. Needless to say, she's hunkered down making certain that Momma Ruth is well cared for. First she had to hide her car keys and then make sure the wood pile was adequate.

Okay, so I made up a wee bit of that story but she is keeping Momma Ruth safe and sound and has no wi-fi available down in the holler.

Thank you very much for the update Sandy. I appreciate it.

Granny Judy
January 21st, 2016, 02:51 PM
I was doing really good til I saw that snow photo. Been ignoring ours here by staying inside and shutting all the blinds. Brrrrrrr--

Have I told ya how much I hate the cold?? It makes me ache all over just to look out side right now.

LauraP
January 21st, 2016, 03:01 PM
Last night was a good night. I got to hold the newest member of the family, 3 day old Carson Wayne. He is a great-great nephew. He has an older brother William Chase who is almost 1 1/2 but Momma is still paranoid. "Use hand sanitizer before you pick him up. Don't hold him that way.....etc" DH and I had to laugh when we left. Wonder what those mama's back in the 1600's would have thought of hand sanitizer?
Other than that it is an Eyeore type of day, gray and gloomy. Not expecting any big weather but it is cold. Seems like so far this year the storms have been going around us here in SE KS. Everybody around us is getting hit which is just fine with me.
Finishing up two oven mitts for my sister whose hands are tiny. She's worn her "good" one way past out and all the ones she can find are to big. Laura to the rescue!!!!
Then I am putting tops on the tea towels I got for Christmas. I hate it when towels fall on the floor.
One of these days I am going to be through with all the little things I put off over Christmas and will be able to get back to quilting.

Judy, USMC
January 21st, 2016, 03:31 PM
DH left his VietNam Veteran's ball cap at a restaurant 60 miles away - so a trip to retrieve it is scheduled for this afternoon. We were originally planning on going tomorrow but the weather predictions had us re-thinking that.

The latest advisory: light ice and sleet accumulations... up to a few hundredths of an inch of freezing rain.

That doesn't sound too bad compared to feet of snow predicted in other areas. But they don't usually salt the roadways and there's an abundance of tall pines that prevent the sun from reaching the road to melt that freezing rain. So even a light coating of freezing rain will cause plenty of cars to spin and wind up in accidents.

Y'all be safe and warm!

KPH
January 21st, 2016, 05:34 PM
Calling for sleet and freezing rain in southern NC. We had a nice flurry of snow yesterday. All of those thunderstorms in Dec. are paying us back.

Must admit, I'd rather have the snow than what they're calling for. Sending youngest back to the house to pick up clothes and ditty bag. He'll stay over here until we're sure the roads are alright.

I'll be back to work on my Phoebe's Flower Box. Piano key border is done and ready to sew on. Then an outer border. I have no batting or backing for it yet. Maybe I'll run to wally world and pick up a bag of batting. Nice thing, when I laid it out on the floor in the living room. The colors match the new chair we bought yesterday. I guess Phoebe will be sitting in the living room for someone to snuggle up with one day.