PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, middle of Nov., wow

Blondie
November 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Thursday morning howdys to everyone.

It rained all day yesterday and into the night. Some bad storms rumbled through but we had no damage that we can see. Of course, it is still dark out, so time will tell. Areas south of us were hard hit with either tornado or straight line winds. Watching the news this morning with images of the damage that can be seen and it is so sad.

I was able to sit and stitch yesterday and had a blast with Sis. I made a very quick and easy DP9 table runner for daughter's Thanksgiving table, made a few more stockings and hand stitched some labels for the back of the quilts I have finished for Christmas gifts.
No pictures because my house is fairly dark inside and it was raining quite hard, so at another time I will capture a few pics to share.

We lost cable for a time last night so it appears that I have much to get caught up on reading. Enjoy the day, dearies. Smile!

zenkitty
November 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Good morning, Blondie. It's always nice to see your post first thing as I have my breakfast and head to work. That storm hit pretty hard here in Va as well. Even the cats didn't want to go outside....well, one did. He thinks he is a Husky dog and plows thru any kind of weather. Have a good day! :icon_wave:

stitching woman
November 17th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Good Morning one and all hope everyone has a great productive day.

mianmom
November 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning! After we get up and around the plan is to pick up the living room and then I get to get started on the place mats! Washed all the fabric last night so I'll have to iron first. Not one of my favorite jobs, but thats ok it comes with the fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

quilter.martha
November 17th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Morning all! I'm going through quilting withdrawals--its been over a week now since I've set down to my sewing machine. Probably won't get to it today either. Have my tax course to teach and then laundry and ironing (uugh--not my favorite) to do. I have to figure out a make up class time for my course. We canceled Monday's class due to me being out of town. With Thanksgiving one week away its gonna be tough to squeeze it all in. Oh well, we only live once!

Have a great day everyone!

MRoy
November 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Just popping in to say "Good Morning!" It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a week from today! Where has the year gone? When I was younger and heard folks say the years pass more quickly as you get older I thought that was nonsense...but I'm a believer now.

Have a great and safe day!

middlesis1966
November 17th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Morning all! I cant believe its almost Thanksgiving. Where has the time gone??? I have a house full next week and am busy getting ready for it. Oh my why did I want to have Thanksgiving at my house. I'm sure it'll be fine. Hubs has been a huge help so it'll be fine.
Have a great day all!

KiltedQuilter
November 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Morning! Weird mixed day here, as far as weather goes. Sunny one minute, rainy the next.

Off to do ironing and sorting out of the baby clothes, LO no longer wears, for charity shop.

Catch you all later! :)

Beakkmom
November 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies - as I sit sipping my coffee it's nice to hear such uplifting early morning comments. Iowa is cold today, a perfect day for sewing. Company is coming for Thanksgiving so I'll ponder my menu as I stitch - I love Thanksgiving!

Blessings!

Bubby
November 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

Just another fun day in my little corner of Missouri. DH is getting ready for work and Molly is begging for her first treats of the day. Today I can sew a bit. I'm waiting on a jellyroll from MSQC so I can continue with my Luna Notte quilt top. I've decided to make it large enough for our king bed, so I needed another jellyroll.

Yesterday was one of those chill-you-to-the-bone kind of days. I made a big pot of beef stew and homemade bread....YUM! We both ate like pigs and then went to bed early.

Some of you had really bad storms yesterday and last night....I hope everyone is safe and warm. It's just 26 degrees here today but the wind has finally stopped blowing.

I will check in later and see what you're up to...Barb

Monique
November 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning everyone.

My nose misery continues. I HAVE to look for my vaporizer today. I can't blow my nose which is what I want to do. Nose is plugged. I think I may just sit over a bowl of hot water and let the steam do its magic.

Blocks for the swap are in the mail. I have many projects that I want to start. Feeling like I might do some today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Loonwatcher
November 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Wow! Only 7:57 AM and already on to page 2. I can't keep up with all the posts and I miss hearing about everybody.

Thinking of you all and sending good thoughts to everyone. It's the same old same old for me today. Except that DH leaves for his hunting trip to NY. He'll be back on the 27th. I'm hoping to get the spare bedroom painted while he's gone.

Everyone have a great day!

kziggy
November 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning all. I was unable to log on yesterday due to my power cord for my laptop being a piece of junk. I was lucky that my BIL has a laptop the same as mine and he is letting me use his charger and he ordered me a new one. Not a lot going on today other then work work work. I did hand stitch some of my newest wall hanging last night. I have to say if I have not said it before I like to hand stitch now I know it takes longer but its rewarding.
The weather here stinks but I guess thats bound to happen in the mid west its just cold and grey out... Blah... I hope all of you have a great day!

meemeecyn
November 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Happy Thursday, Everyone! Thank you, Blondie, for your words and pictures...always lifts the spirit. I agree with you Myrna. The more mature we get, the faster time flies! Prayers for all who have experienced any storms. Saw the devastation on TV. Just awful. Monique...here's hoping you can 'clean out' soon so you will feel better.
Enjoy your quiet time, Nancy and Happy Painting! Barb....beef stew sounds yummy!!!!

Have a great and fulfilling day everyone.
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
November 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Nothing much going on here. Seven out of ten of us sick, but not me so I am a nurse for another day. Thanksgiving is coming up, hosting it here and I don't want to get sick.

I'm working on a baby quilt I started Tuesday. Here's one out of the eight blocks and I'm auditioning sashing and borders.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Sorry for the boring post!

Cyndi

ginampls
November 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
morning all! today i need to clean my room or our room i share with DD. she has stuffed animals. everywhere andheeps of laundry about....my brother going to plastic the window...yeah as it leaks air real bad. would like to dig out machine....to sew. sometimes hard to focus...but getting there....thyroid is still amess.....but i am listening to dr...and taking care....only 6 degrees this am burr burr burr....

toggpine
November 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Morning!
It is an early wake up for me this AM. Saw hubby off to work and will squeeze in some sewing before the rest of the house wakes up.
Today is the first day of Parent-Teacher conferences, so the kids are out of school at Noon. Oh yeehaw. The weather is complete crap so no playing outside today to help burn off the extra energy either. I may let her pitch the play tent in the living room to give her some thing fun to do. That $10 kiddie tent form IKEA has been a great investment. Much less hassle than trying to build forts entirely from blankets. A couple of clothes pins and an old sheet and you can easily add on to the frame.

The Power Cooking class was interesting. She does some of the same things that I have already implemented in my own kitchen, but condensed them into a couple of days worth of cooking instead. Basically she gave us 15 recipies and had us break them down into two meals for the freezer. They were mostly health conscious and relatively low fat. Some handy tips on things that do and don't freeze well. I can certainly see the advantages of cooking only once a month, and then just shopping your freezer for a main entree every night. This would also help with keeping the food budget in line since there would be one main shopping trip a month and only one or two stops to refresh the produce between times.

We had some pretty powerful winds and rain here last night too. I had to pull over twice while driving home from the class because I couldn't see the road through the rain and wind. I'll need to check for downed trees later this morning once the sun comes up. Thankfully the summer line-crews seem to have done their jobs of clearing back tree branches from the power lines, as we did not loose power last night.

I hope you all are safe and sound.
Hugs, Cathy

Kizzie
November 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hiya allllll i missed you all once again - gosh I dont like being away from here too long i get withdrawels... the sweats.. the fever... my hands start quivering....

ahaha anyways I'm here now so you can call back the search party! I hope all you lovely ladies are having a great day today!

I cant believe its the middle of November already!!! wow!!!! sooooo soon to christmas hooray!!!

hugs and cuddles to you all!

bobw103
November 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone. Can it really be almost Christmas! Almost Christmas and a non functioning machine do not go together well at all. I am off to the dealer.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great day! Busy Busy day here today is Guild day! Yeah! Tonight is our regular scheduled guild for November! :icon_wave:

bakermom
November 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
wow what a busy group! I'll be heading upstairs to sew a bit later(after the dog guilts me into a walk). No special projects at the moment, just a couple simple baby quilts to donate. Need to get my groceries for my thanksgiving dish. We spend the day with family, the hosts do the turkey and everyone else provides the rest of the meal.

oldgurl4
November 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Gooood Afternoon Everyone!

Well this dayyyy has REALY FLOWN BY Very Quickly..... As quickly as this Thread!

Wow! ~Sunshine~ You got everyone Up and about! Again!....LOL
What Coffee brand are you ALL Drinking? ;)

It's Sewww HUMID down here in Miami that it's not worth putting On make-up or doing your hair...Just SCRUNCH IT UP
and VOILA!!!......... INSTANT ANTLERS!! Just in time for X-Mas!

Really!! I wish I could send You my PIC but you knoww how it isss...It won't do any Justise....Not to Mention how HARD! You'll all be laughing at Me! and Dear MONIQUE Will Probably Blow Out the cotton from her Nose !! So you
get the Pic! It's Better I not send it.

Well Gotta head to Post Office and end the Final SWAP for this Year.

You all have a Blessed Day and Stay Safe

TTYL