PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist has blocked me!

snippet
January 19th, 2016, 06:25 PM
I swear I have been behaving!

It was late one night and like usual I wander off on the internet and go shopping. So I was on Craigslist checking my usual searches (Featherweight and Pfaff machines, clawfoot swivel chairs, and matchbooks) and found a couple of good items.

Next morning I go to check out my finds again, decide if I REALLY need the item and want to buy, when I get not the craigslist website but one saying 'this IP has been automatically blocked' and an email to ask questions. So I emailed them. No response. It's been days.

What gives?

GuitarGramma
January 19th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Try accessing Craigslist from your phone. It will have a different IP address (unless you let your phone use your home WiFi). Let us know if this works!

Pandabear
January 19th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Weird.

Hope you get a response soon.

bubba
January 19th, 2016, 08:16 PM
I got blackballed off a forum this past week for speaking the truth. Can't say I don't miss it. Little do they know I made up a fake name and can still go on there, but I have only done that the first day to see what they were saying!

shirleyknot
January 19th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I got blackballed off a forum this past week for speaking the truth. Can't say I don't miss it. Little do they know I made up a fake name and can still go on there, but I have only done that the first day to see what they were saying!

I have noticed people seldom love you for speaking the truth on forums. I do it anyway. :D

Simply Quilting
January 19th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I wonder if someone stole your identity or if someone is spamming you with saying that you are blocked.

Kgrammiecaz
January 19th, 2016, 10:30 PM

Some prefer to live in a everything is beautiful world. I am sure we all would. But, I prefer to just speak (respectfully) honest and open and not have to worry whose toes I am stepping on. Forums mostly prefer the beautiful world.

Peggi
January 19th, 2016, 11:47 PM
It's entirely possible it has nothing to do with you and your actions. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, I tried to email my employer and discovered that one of the malware/spyware/antivirus software programs she uses also has a blacklist, and somehow my ISP got on the blacklist. Nothing I could do other than report it, I had to wait for the blacklist to update and remove my ISP.

auntiemern
January 20th, 2016, 02:40 AM
We all know how much trouble I have gotten into for speaking the truth, lol. Trouble is my middle name.

Hulamoon
January 20th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Did you shut down everything and start over? I'm having trouble with blogs, Pinterest ect were the pictures don't show up. They show but dissapear in an instant. Driving me nuts!

Grandma G
January 20th, 2016, 11:43 AM

Uh, oh... Did you use pirate words???

rebeccas-sewing
January 20th, 2016, 03:42 PM
deleted post.

kensington
January 20th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I've never been banned from any website I joined, LOL. I've left of my own free will. Military Wives sites are the roughest. But, even there I can hold my own. LOL.

I'm curious as to what Craigslist thinks you have done. Are you stalking? LOL

snippet
January 21st, 2016, 12:38 AM
I don't know what I've done. I wasn't posting anything, just looking at the normal things to buy - sewing machines and furniture.

I'm going to release my IP and get a new one.

snippet
January 21st, 2016, 12:46 AM

Well I did it and it worked. Craigslist likes me again :)

As for the tangents.... I almost got kicked off a forum one time. I have really long hair, and there is a great forum called Long Hair Community, so I joined it. But everyone thought I was a long hair hater, and I couldn't understand why. They kept badgering me for proof and asking all sorts of questions. Finally someone explained the problem - it was my forum name, snippet. They thought I was a barber/beautician infiltrating the forum and trying to get people to cut their hair.

I have used snippet as my forum name for ages. It's gender-less and means something to me. I didn't think it would make them hate me.

bubba
January 21st, 2016, 01:23 AM
Uh, oh... Did you use pirate words???

Nope, no pirate talk!! Only spoke the truth, and they did not like it!

shirleyknot
January 21st, 2016, 09:04 AM

How do you do that?

snippet
January 22nd, 2016, 03:16 AM
How do you do that?

This is for a Windows computer. I don't know Apple.

Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter. A black window will appear. It looks like the DOS of yesteryear.

Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration. Don't be alarmed at the stuff it will display.

Then type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while and the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.

Exit by typing exit.

Bneighbor
January 22nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
It was Craig's List secretly telling you you should not spend money that day!
It wanted you to wait to spend it later...when it was safe!
I know, sounds crazy, but sometimes I think there are supernatural aliens inside computers.

All in good fun. Glad all worked out. Did you find a machine to purchase?

snippet
January 23rd, 2016, 05:54 PM
It was Craig's List secretly telling you you should not spend money that day!
It wanted you to wait to spend it later...when it was safe!
I know, sounds crazy, but sometimes I think there are supernatural aliens inside computers.

All in good fun. Glad all worked out. Did you find a machine to purchase?

EXACTLY! LOL No, I didn't find any machine yet. I've got enough machines really, but I was thinking of a machine for a friend. And of course a great deal on a Featherweight. No luck yet.