PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, Tuesday....... 🐍

SewnByBee
January 19th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Good Morning friend's.......

I seen no morning post so I'll start it today.

I think I would like to find a BOM to do. I don't know where all to look for them. I saw a Christmas one that would be neetto do. If you know where I can get info, please share link or suggestions.

My nurse comes today so I get my meds. For my amuine deficiency. So Ibetter can stay feeling bettercan. She is a sweetheart. I look forward to seeing her. She makes me smile.

Well I need more coffee.......have a grate day.:icon_wave:

KPH
January 19th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Good Morning!

It's been a slow start here this morning. A trip to Michael's to get a numbered photograph we picked up on our mountain trip last fall is on the agenda today. Along with a trip to Lowes to pick up the innards of a toilet, silly thing starts singing before it gets flushed. DH's retiree lunch is today. Hopefully, by the time we get ready to leave for that, it won't be so very cold.

I started working on a piano key border for Phoebe's flower box. Pulled out the scrap box, not much black fabric left in there. I hope I can find something that will be similar enough to finish the outer border so I can get it finished up.

I hope everyone will have a wonderfully creative day.
Prayers and hugs for those that need them.

Bouse
January 19th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Good morning to you and those that follow. I hope our regular starters are ok. It's afternoon here in Scotland and it's a bit grey, a little bit rainy and cold. Currently at work but hoping the children will sleep early this evening and I can get a bit of hand sewing done. I need to catch up on my 365 challenge too but that won't be this evening. Feeling a little bit "off" today so I won't cope well with that. I'll try and get caught up with that on the weekend. Bee, my sister and I did a block a month challenge last year. I choose a different block each month from free patterns on the internet and we both stitched them with our own choice of fabric. We both used Christmas fabrics but the blocks look really different because of our personal taste.

songbird857
January 19th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Morning all!!
I'll be running out to the LQS later. My friend was over last week, and I showed her the 365 quilt. She wants to do it along with me :)
We've been friends for almost 30 years, but life these past few years has been hectic for both of us, and this will be a great way to reconnect. She hasn't quilted in a long time, so she's asked for my help choosing fabrics today.... GLADLY!
So, I'm going to get a few things done around here, then go buy some fabric ;)

JCY
January 19th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I'm just now checking in, too. After a gray start to the day, the sun is trying to come out. Warmer this a.m. -- actually above freezing.

Yest. I put together the quilt sandwich, pin basted, then machine basted around the edges. Put together a sample block. I'm frustrated at not being able to get the tension adjusted like I want it on my Tiara II. On the back the stitching looks ok, but on the front, it's not quite right yet. I'll call my dealer/service repair person today for some tips. I watched several YT videos last night, but nothing really helped. Maybe I'll try again today. I really wanted to get going on the FMQ.

I'm scheduled for a root canal next week. Not looking forward to that.

I hope everyone has a good day.

QuiltingRN
January 19th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Good Morning all! I have been sick with a cold/flu since Friday! Starting to feel better now, though. I have been getting some sewing done on my BOM, from the LQS. The blocks are about the Pacific Northwest.

Sewn By Bee, why don't you join the 365 Challenge, block of the day? It is fun and quick. There is a group started on here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MayinJerset
January 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Good Afternoon, I had an early morning appointment so I didn't have an opportunity to say Good Morning to everyone.

Just a little snow left on the grassy areas but it's really cold and windy outdoors. Glad we stocked up at the supermarket on our way home as I just heard there may be a major snow storm on its way to the east coast. If the predicted storm does happen we better be prepared to hibernate in doors as we're in-between the predicted major accumulation area and the icy rain area. Maybe it will take a major storm to get me to do some major sewing/quilting.

Bubby
January 19th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone....I'm checking in late due to having a busy day. It started spitting snow about 2 hours ago. Our walks are already solid ice. I made a big pot of potato soup and I will make a skillet of cornbread to go with it. Today is a perfect soup day. I made beef stew last night and we will have the leftovers tomorrow night with homemade rolls.

Very little sewing going on here the last few days other than a little embroidery. May, glad you stocked up on food in case you get a bad storm. Take care of yourself.

Great news from Monique!!!

Stay safe and warm everyone. Hugs.....

grandma nurse
January 19th, 2016, 11:43 PM
I'm real late checking on the forum today. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and sorting in my sewing room so this morning I headed in to get it looking like my old room again. I got my 365 Challenge caught up and am adding some new blocks to Farm Girl Vintage. I have all my blocks for Farm Girl finished but Lori Holt keeps adding new block to purchase. They are so cute I can't resist. So over the week-end I ordered the pdf files for the Mixer, Corn and Tomatoes, Turkey, Jar of Jam and a piece of pie. I had previously purchased the pig, cow and cat. Now I would like her to come up with a horse and dog. I don't feel confident in making my own pattern. I may finally quit making more blocks and start putting it together.

Lilly
January 20th, 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm real late checking on the forum today. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and sorting in my sewing room so this morning I headed in to get it looking like my old room again. I got my 365 Challenge caught up and am adding some new blocks to Farm Girl Vintage. I have all my blocks for Farm Girl finished but Lori Holt keeps adding new block to purchase. They are so cute I can't resist. So over the week-end I ordered the pdf files for the Mixer, Corn and Tomatoes, Turkey, Jar of Jam and a piece of pie. I had previously purchased the pig, cow and cat. Now I would like her to come up with a horse and dog. I don't feel confident in making my own pattern. I may finally quit making more blocks and start putting it together.

Good Morning all!
Grandma Nurse, What is the "Farm Girl" - sounds interesting! .....Bouse, I love what you and your sister are doing! What fun! That's something I would love to do if I had a sister. I guess I have to finish my UFO's first. Why is it I just hate to finish anything - I have 5 books at least that I have one or two chapters left. And at least that many UFO's. I never finish the last bit of cereal. Ok - enough about crazy Lilly. Hope you all had a great day! PS: Stay warm everyone. Wild weather all around.

grandma nurse
January 20th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Lilly, The Farm Girl Vintage is by Lori Holt. They are patterns , all pieced , that resemble farm items. There are barns, silos, different animals, tractors, plus other blocks named after other well know patterns. The book offers ideas of many different ways to use them in wall hangings , place mats, quilts. They offer the pattern in 6 inch and 12 inch blocks. Being raised on a farm and living on one now, this book has a lot of interest to me. There is a group here on the Forum dedicated to Farm Girl. Check it out.