PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday morning

Monique
January 18th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Good morning friends. I don't see Blondie yet so I thought I would start our day today.

I had a very productive weekend sewing. It kept my mind off of eating. I was on liquids all weekend as I have a colonoscopy this afternoon. Now hubby would have starved to death, so yes I made his meals, such as they were. He is really struggling with his diabetes. He is having a hard time keeping his numbers low.

I will take some pictures once it is daylight out.

I have named my Cardinal, Lulu, if I haven't already told you that. I love watching her in the feeder. And now I have to beat off the darn pigeons. They are really piffing me off.

Well that's all I have to say about that.

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
January 18th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Brrr from cold NJ - bit of snow on the ground this morning.

Still recovering from the 80th Bday dinner DS#1 arranged on Saturday. Dinner for the 19 of us was great at a local restaurant and our house is overflowing with bouquets of flowers, plants and the contents of the huge gift basked my sisters and their DH's gave me. Basket held tons of fruits (including a pineapple), sparkling water, wedge of Italian grating cheese, crackers, cookies and candy. When DS#3 left for home I made sure he took some of the fruits with he and DGS take some of the snacks home, he chose the big box of chocolate covered pretzels and a bag or BBQ chips. Oh, I also have a box of delicious pears from Harry & David that DGD M in CA sent me. I'll be on an all fruit diet for this week.

Nothing much doing today as we will get back to regular routine with PT later this morning and some shopping on the way home. Thought I would be able to use the dining room table to sew a few things but it's filled with the above mentioned fruits, snacks and flowers. First I need some coffee. 124489

Jean Sewing Machine
January 18th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Good luck with the colonoscopy, Monique! The liquid diet before prep sure makes that part easier! And a friend of mine described the actual procedure as " the best nap you'll ever take"! She was right!

I am trying to finish a t shirt quilt by next Saturday. I have 2 more outer borders to apply, then quilt it on my longarm. I'm not going to do any fancy quilting, hope FiFi the Prissy Pfaff is in a good mood and we have a good experience on this! These shirts are precious to my friend, some date back to shows she did in the 80s! She is quite a veteran!

Have a great day!

Monique
January 18th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Good luck with the colonoscopy, Monique! The liquid diet before prep sure makes that part easier! And a friend of mine described the actual procedure as " the best nap you'll ever take"! She was right!

I am trying to finish a t shirt quilt by next Saturday. I have 2 more outer borders to apply, then quilt it on my longarm. I'm not going to do any fancy quilting, hope FiFi the Prissy Pfaff is in a good mood and we have a good experience on this! These shirts are precious to my friend, some date back to shows she did in the 80s! She is quite a veteran!

Have a great day!

Hope it all goes well for you today. And yes, can't wait for that good nap this afternoon. I have been up since 4 something.

Mom23
January 18th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Good luck with your colonoscopy Monique. The hard part is over. I had one in December and am glad I did as they removed 6 polyps.

I had a very low key weekend that was just perfect. We went to Mass early yesterday morning then to the Right to Life Breakfast. As soon as we got home I put on my sons sweatpants and a sweatshirt. My husband said "I guess you're done for the day?". Yes I was. Sat in a chair almost all day embroidering some baby quilt blocks. It was a great day.

My daughter is coming over today to work on wedding plans. She is very organized so I haven't had to do much of anything. It will be fun spending time with her.

It's 5 degrees with a -9 windchill factor. 2-5 inches of snow tomorrow. Sounds like a good excuse to stay inside. I will grab milk and bread when I get out to go to the chiropractor in a little while. Those are the only groceries I'm buying during the month of January. I announced to hubby the first of the year we are clearing out our freezers and pantry. So far so good!

Have a wonderful week and blessings to all.

Bubby
January 18th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's really cold this morning. Jeff just left for a walk in the woods with the Girls. They think he can't go anywhere without them.

I did a little embroidery yesterday and may continue with more today. Just trying to stitch out a few mug mats.

Monique, good luck with your test today. I hope you get a good report. I know what Les is going through. I'm diabetic and have managed mine without any medication for 7 years now by eating correctly. It takes determination but I prefer it to having to take shots or pills. On the other hand, I think doing it my way is easier for women because we are accustomed to dieting and watching what we eat.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

KPH
January 18th, 2016, 11:00 AM
The living room and dining room are both painted. That part of the job is done. Dining room floors are clean again. Had a lot of tidbits that found their way under the china cabinet when Esther was here. We'll be sure she sits on the other side next time.

Started looking for fabric for drapes for the living room and dining room. Not sure what direction we'll be going there. Might be better to wait for the sofa to arrive, even though I'd like to say we're done.

Good luck with your test Monique. Right now, a nap sounds good.

We have 2 cardinals at our feeder. I can't tell the difference between them yet. Lots of chickadees, sparrows, and one messy thing. I haven't figured out what he is yet. A little bigger than the chickadees, but smaller than the cardinal, black capped and back with a white face and breast. He has a narrow bill and loves to throw the bird feed out to the ground. He's fun to watch. I call him the messy bird. I'll be sweeping the deck later to clean up some of his mess. I guess his job is to make sure some of our ground feeders have something to eat since the feeder is so high.

irishrn
January 18th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Good morning all! Today is different as DH got up at 730 but decided to go back to bed a bit ago so I'm in free time!
Have been renovating sewing room over past two weeks so no sewing going on. Got closet painted and contents of sewing room moved out except dresser and desk. I'll cover them when painting as they are too big for me to move. There is a treadmill in the room too that has got to go. It's too heavy to move so my neighbor is going to help me take it apart so I can move it downstairs, piece by piece. Maybe then DH will consider doing some walking! ( and me too, I really need it!)
Once that's out the ceiling and walls will be easy to tackle as time permits. Then I have to begin the long battle of sorting and purging what I do not need! On my!!

Hope all have a good day. Stay warm and dry. It's cold here and the dry heat in house are making my dry eye a lot worse!
Hoping for some humidity soon.

JCY
January 18th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Good Monday Morning ~ We don't get cardinals in Colo. I gave up on the bird feeders a few yrs. ago. Didn't care for the mess & the work involved. Keeping the squirrels at bay always is a challenge. Also some birds, like grackles, will flip the seeds out on the ground & empty a feeder in 1 day. My neighbors have feeders. I provide just water now. We see a lot of birds at the water dish.

I finished the top of the "Violette" charms yest. I have the binding strips cut but not sewn together yet. I hope to get this sandwiched today & maybe get started on the FMQ. I'm going to try something different this time: quilting it on the back side. I want to quilt around the pattern in the fabric. This was a something I learned in my last FMQ class, but haven't actually done it yet.

Glad our Denver Broncos won last night. It sure would be nice to have a Super Bowl win again.

ceiliam
January 18th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Good mjorning all. Monique good luck on colonoscopy, the worst is done the rest is piece of cake. Hope your husband can get blood sugar down, I feel for him. Just learned I was
diabetic . I have been working on keeping it down, so sending positive thoughts his way. May wow 80th bparty sound like a great time good for you. Eileen you are busy girl..you will love your room once is done. Not much on agenda today run to store for cat and dog food and all the other animal stuff then sew and watch my Utah Jazz play.....go Jazz. Have a wonderful day all.

RockinLou
January 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Hello friends! Everything is status quo here in Kazakhstan!

The school is trying to improve our infrastructure, so water was shut off most of the day Saturday, fortunately with some warning, so we spent the day floating around town and visiting the market, the pedestrian mall, not one but TWO of my favorite coffee shops... and we booked a birthday party for our daughter. I might actually send out the invitation though.... need to get on that tomorrow!! It's too late tonight.

I'm doing reading level assessments this week and I'm as nervous as the kids, I love teaching Literacy, but sometimes it feels like this massive responsibility that I'm under-prepared for. They are all currently reading novels that they LOVE so that helps... Harry Potter, a book nobody;s ever heard of called The Last Apprentice, and A Wrinkle in Time. all that and I"m reading Big Little Lies myself, so there's at lot of fantasy in my head right now!!

I made progress on one of my costumes this weekend, and I'm hoping to get through 2 more before the week is out. I'd love to get this play sewing behind me as soon as possible, but I need to remember to sew up my daughter's Mermaid Tail blanket that I have all cut and ready to go for her birthday. In 2 weeks I'll have a 7 year old. Mind boggling!!

SewnByBee
January 18th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Good late morning .

Boy am I late. Can't seem to get it in gear. Slowly she goes, turtle speed. Lol
Having more coffee......can't. seem to get enough today. Maybe one more will do the trick.

I got to see my girl last night. She looks so cute with her baby belly. She's like me, short, so she's gonna be all belly before long. So far she's doing fine. REMEMBER her in your prayers that she and the baby continues to do well.

Today is catch up day. I've got them lovely chores that needs to be done.

Stay warm and may you all have a blessed day.
124505.......tomorrow ...........124504......