PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday

Ginny B
January 17th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Pretty damp and cold and grey here today. Our plans for yesterday changed mid-day yesterday. We did have a great time with the grands and family and friends yesterday but partway through that time, I got a text from my sis that Larry (her boyfriend) was not feeling so good and spending so we cancelled our dinner plans for the evening. Luckily we had some leftover pizza from Friday night so we did have something for dinner that was quick to make. We have rescheduled for next Friday night.

Today I will be doing laundry and watching the football games. I am thinking that I might bring a small cutting mat and a scrap bin into the living room and cut my scraps up into squares and strips. We are having beef stew for dinner (crock pot) so it will be asn easy meal day.

Have a great day everyone. Go Hawks!

Cathy F
January 17th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Morning all,
Writing from upstate at our girl's weekend. Plenty of sewing going in! I started the kissing coins quilt and I really like how it looks so far. I finished the first row.
We have snow up here the lake is covered and it looks so pretty we can enjoy the view while sewing and keeping warm inside.
Wishing everyone a good day!

SewnByBee
January 17th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Good Morning,
It's cold as crap here. Staying in and sewing today. I'm still playing with Christmas fabrics. I love them so much. I had collected quite a few pieces. Just now ready getting to enjoy them. Maybe I"ll be through before Valentines. Lol

My sweety comes home today. Yey......it gets lonely here without him. I will be glad to see him and scooter will too.....he always gets to get the first hello.....scotter pouted.for two days after his daddy left .It's. getting to be a habit. We had to put him on meds because he got so hard to keep satisfied.He's gotten very clingy. Thank goodness it helped him. He's old, was.16 in October. He has been the best little dog.I know our days are numbered so I try to make him happy for as long as I can.

Have a nice day........stay warm.

Bubby
January 17th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone. Jeff and I made a quick trip to WalMart this morning. I'm doing a few loads of laundry and Jeff is watching the outdoor channel.

When I get off here I think I'll do some machine embroidery. I have a special project or two for Valentine's Day.

Cathy, have a great time. I hope you get a lot done on your KC quilt.

Have a safe day everyone.

JCY
January 17th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I'm just now checking in. Church this a.m. I'm working on a smaller quilt using "Violette" charms. Today I made a sample block, which I do with every quilt, so I have a practice sandwich of the same fabrics as the quilt in order to test thread colors & FMQ designs. The quilt top basically is done except for sewing on the final border. Then comes the tedious job of clipping threads. When it's pressed, it will be ready to sandwich & quilt.

After a very cloudy a.m., the sun finally broke out this afternoon. Not much thawing, however, as it's only in the 30's.

Enjoy the remainder of your wk.-end.

KPH
January 17th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Busy day here. The dining room is painted. Two coats, so all of the painting in the house is done. DH was asking about the guest bathroom and the laundry room and I just said NOO! Those two rooms are fine just like they are.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to get back to some sewing. It sounds like it's going to be too cold to do anything else.