PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot did all the Owls fly the coop?

stationarymom
January 17th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Hi I hope everyone is having a good night tonight.It was a quiet day here today,my DH had to go judge a robotics competition today so I didn't get out of the house.My DH's 65th Bday is Monday and I really don't know what to do,he's a guy who never tells you what he would like and is happy being a homebody after work. Any suggestions welcome.

kensington
January 17th, 2016, 03:35 AM
I'm up... just not sewing. Getting ready to head off to la la land.. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. I'm tired.

My daughter is asleep on the couch, and her 2 kids are on pillow beds on the floor... everyone in the house is fast asleep. So quiet. I just finished watchin "Singing in the rain."

We are supposed to see snow by morning, not much. Hubs said a dusting. I still have 4 Christmas trees to put away. Everything else is all done. I may get my sewing room cleared out early this year. But, I am not rushing. I go in almost every day and play with my fabrics, rearrange, touch, make a quilt kit up and bag it. I think I am ready... my first two projects of the year are UFO's.. my Pinwheels on Point, and to Border out my Sashed Layer Cake quilt with matching pillow cases. I have 3 all ready to ship to quilter soon.

Enjoy your evening!

Judy, USMC
January 17th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Hey Joan - My DH just celebrated his 66th yesterday.

Started off at IHop and then went to the mall. He loves the book store there and I was able to buy him a new W.E.B. Griffin novel ... he usually just picks up used ones at the Salvation Army or other thrifts but they are always a few years old. Went to Bath & Body Works and got some candles & room spray he likes. Did some more walking around and before we knew it 4 hours were gone. Went out for a quick sandwich and then off to Rita's for a frozen ice. The evening was spent watching sports .... and now he's already started into his book. He'll probably have it done by Tuesday!

That's his idea of a celebration ... just getting to do whatever he wants ... whatever pops into his mind and going with the idea.

Have fun celebrating whatever you decide to do.

stationarymom
January 17th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Judy my DH loves the book store too that's a thought .I at least make it easy I tell him I would like or I want not that it always gets heard but... I wish he could make it a little easy.The fact that Xmas just passed doesn't help either.

Hulamoon
January 17th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I'm watching the movie The Majestic. I didn't plan to, but I'm glad I did.

sewluvit
January 17th, 2016, 04:19 AM
I'm watching the movie The Majestic. I didn't plan to, but I'm glad I did.

That was a good movie Lorie, if it's the one I think it is lol

sewlucky
January 17th, 2016, 04:35 AM
I'm up... just not sewing. Getting ready to head off to la la land.. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. I'm tired.

My daughter is asleep on the couch, and her 2 kids are on pillow beds on the floor... everyone in the house is fast asleep. So quiet. I just finished watchin "Singing in the rain."

We are supposed to see snow by morning, not much. Hubs said a dusting. I still have 4 Christmas trees to put away. Everything else is all done. I may get my sewing room cleared out early this year. But, I am not rushing. I go in almost every day and play with my fabrics, rearrange, touch, make a quilt kit up and bag it. I think I am ready... my first two projects of the year are UFO's.. my Pinwheels on Point, and to Border out my Sashed Layer Cake quilt with matching pillow cases. I have 3 all ready to ship to quilter soon.

Enjoy your evening!

I like the idea of making up quilt kits with your stash. I should try that.

sewlucky
January 17th, 2016, 04:40 AM
I'm up still, but settled into bed. I had a really nice day, went to my Weight Watchers meeting with my friend and then we headed over to one of my fave local quilt shops, then David's Tea, then lunch and then my other favorite quilt shop. We had so much fun! I wrapped up the day by quilting the little car seat quilt I made last night and got the binding done while watching hockey. My week was not so great, so this was a great pick me up!

Rest well night owls :)
Terri

Lightwriter
January 17th, 2016, 06:40 AM
A quick fly by to say hi! This owl has been hibernating in her tree lately. Finished guild challenge and am doing binding on donation quilt. Got a couple of UFOs to finish. Not inspired to quilt lately, maybe a little rest will be beneficial. Hope all is doing well.

kimsophia
January 17th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I am gonna lose my owl cred, falling asleep in early evening and sleeping until 4:30 in the morning...it is three below here and we aren't leaving the house in a -25 F. wind chill, so I'll have plenty of time today for more sewing. I got a few pretty hexagons' seams matched and sewn. It looks like I can do it without getting the Elmer's school glue out again.

My DH was happy with a new pair of slippers as cold feet are a bane of his. Also I sewed a new rice filled neck warmer bag out of flannel and fleece.

Carol336
January 17th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Boy did I sleep in this am....6:00....nice change from 4am.

Terri - I'm on WW too - hope you did well. Sounds like you had a fun day.

I'm working on Craftsy BOM.....got a few more hour glass squares done.....now just need to put them together. This is the second time I'm doing them - the first were not so good......I'll probably run out of material, but I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Off to church in a little while....and then we have a soup and stew winter get together in our condo club house. We've been living here since June and have really only met a few peeps in our building....this'll give us a opportunity to meet some others in some of the surrounding buildings.

Have a great day all

Claire Hallman
January 17th, 2016, 01:11 PM
My DH's birthday was Friday, I got him a weather radio. That and meeting our DS, DIL and two grands at Texas Roadhouse made his day. Seeing the grands would have been enough to make him very happy, he is hard to buy for but easily pleased.

sewlucky
January 17th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Boy did I sleep in this am....6:00....nice change from 4am.

Terri - I'm on WW too - hope you did well. Sounds like you had a fun day.

I'm working on Craftsy BOM.....got a few more hour glass squares done.....now just need to put them together. This is the second time I'm doing them - the first were not so good......I'll probably run out of material, but I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Off to church in a little while....and then we have a soup and stew winter get together in our condo club house. We've been living here since June and have really only met a few peeps in our building....this'll give us a opportunity to meet some others in some of the surrounding buildings.

Have a great day all

Thanks Carol! I'm two weeks in, down 6.4lbs total so it's going well. Need to get into some exercise...not Olympic training, I hate exercise, but moving a little more ;) lol. I hope you are doing well too!

Terri

Quiltfreestyle
January 17th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Hey Terri & Carol, I'm doing Weight Watchers too. Been going for almost a year this time around... doing very well so far. Hope you guys are too. As far as the exercise, remember "baby steps" I was in such poor shape that was all I could manage, but I've gotten a lot better.. No marathons for me yet but maybe someday. LOL

Carol336
January 17th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I'm in since July - down 30...30 more to go. We have an excercise room with lots of great machines and wieght stuff in the condo where we moved to in June. I've just started going there most days.....doing 30 mins on the treadmill and about 2-3 miles on the stationary bike every day.....can't hurt!!!! Good luck Teri and quiltfreestyle

sewlucky
January 17th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Way to go ladies!! WW is a great plan, very much works around your lifestyle which I like :)