PDA

View Full Version : So, it's Thursday

Blondie
January 14th, 2016, 08:18 AM

Hello Folksies

Yes, it's Thursday and we all know what that means. Well, that is an assumption I shouldn't be making. I mean, just because Thursdays are the beginning of my work week, doesn't mean a fig to anyone but my clients. To stoopify you even more, I will bore you with how I schedule. LOL. In that, I like to clump all my chemical services into one day when possible, which is today and again on Saturday. Tomorrow is Blue Hair Day and quite frankly, my favorite day because it has all my favorite people.

We are hearing the four letter S word around here. It is a dicey chance of getting snow Sunday night of 3-4 inches. Now if there was ever a time that would be good to have snow, that would be the best of all possible scenarios. School is out next week M-W for teacher workdays and I believe MLK day. So, it would mean NO make up days for the kids. Personally, I would prefer no snow because I am so over snow after I reached a certain age. It is pretty, I love to watch it fall, etc. Just would prefer to keep it somewhere else.

Sis and I went out yesterday morning for a bit of thrifting. Didn't find anything of great interest, although we did find some teeny weeny things we are going to make into pincushions. It was a good time for us. If I get snowed in and don't lose power, I intend on finally doing some stitching. Who knows, I may even crochet a different style of hat for Gracie. Poor little pooch. I have never been her favorite person, that privilege goes to Luscious. I am merely the person who feeds her, lets her out and has become the enforcer. Hmmm, sounds an awful lot like my role as Mom for years and years. LOL. I actually think she prefers Luscious because he's a guy and well, she's a gal. I know I prefer Luscious Larry. I tell him all the time I would like to be a chigger under his skin so he could carry me around with him all day long. I have also informed Grace that if I were a smaller person, she wouldn't be able to lie on his lap because I would curl up there first.

Have a good day everyone! I am thankful that we shall see the sun again today. And when the rain starts tomorrow and turns over to snow over the weekend, I will be thankful I am not a homeless or hungry person. Have a wonderful day and if you have a local shelter, a quilt is a wonderful thing to give. If you can't give a quilt, did you know that socks are always in short supply???

Smile!

Monique
January 14th, 2016, 08:38 AM
You sure have a way with words. Happy Thursday to you.

Not much here. We received a little more snow last night, more like a dusting. I worked and then went out and picked up a few groceries. I received my call and I go for my colonoscopy on Monday, so I needed some liquids to drink. Guess what I will be doing all day Saturday when I can't eat. SEW! Sunday is a write-off as I need to be near the porcelain throne, unless I can set up my machine in the bathroom. LOL!!

Today will be a sew day I think. OOPS! I spoke too fast. Just got called to work today.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
January 14th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good morning Blondie and all to follow. "Blue Hair Day" made me laugh. Last year when I decided to stop fighting nature and just embrace the grey and stop coloring my hair, I got a shampoo that is made for gray hair. Well, when I opened it up, it was purple! and I was a bit concerned about what color my hair was going to be after shampooing. But, it didn't turn my hair the color of what my Aunt Nora's used to be so I was happy.

Not sure if we are going to be getting any snow. For myself, I would like some. But so far, it's not looking like we will get much, if any.

Looking forward to the long weekend. DH does have to work on Monday so it will be just me, my miss Myrtle and my sewing machines spending the day together.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

EnumclawGramma
January 14th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good Morning! Not much going on for me today. I have finally finished the binding and washed my two big quilts and one is going to it's home today (DD)! NOW I can start a new project!!! That's my goal for today.

Yesterday I had an awesome day with the Grands. We made edible cookie dough (no raw eggs) and played bingo. It's always such a good time with them. Lillie, the youngest at 8, has decided she doesn't like it when I leave. It's nice to be wanted ;-) She always walks me to my car and helps me carry stuff. Such a sweetheart, it's hard to go!

Blondie you talking about going thrifting gave me the wants....I may have to put that on my agenda today.

Off to get moving. Hugs/Prayers all 'round! Have a wonderful Thursday!

songbird857
January 14th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Morning :)
Blondie... chigger under his skin... you made me laugh ;) Blue hair day... fun fact - Norma has NEVER had her hair colored in a salon! I don't know, I just think, hmmm.. if I spend all that money to color it, THEN I have to maintain it!! I'd rather buy fabric.
Ewww... Monique - but the sewing machine in the bathroom does sound like an interesting idea.

The next news is sad. I feel like many of you are family, so I'm sharing it here.
Yesterday was FIL's appt with the nephrologist. He is in end stage renal failure. When he arrived 2 years ago, his kidneys were functioning at about 19 or 20 percent, which the dr said could level off for a few years. He is now at 8 percent, which is why he has been tired as of late. The dr has not given a specific time frame, but the research I've done suggests that it could be anywhere from 6 months to two years at this point. Lots of decisions to make, and discussions to be had this week. For now, we are working with his doctors to get his blood levels on a more even keel, which may bring that percentage up a tiny bit, and make him feel better for now. Please pray for us as we take this journey.
I really appreciate all of you here - seriously.

On a happier note, my daughter got to see the Grand Canyon yesterday - that girl has done more traveling in her 20 years of life then I have in 50!! I'm really happy that she has been able to have many adventures, with more to come I'm sure.
Have a wonderful day all...

Bubby
January 14th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff has to work a double shift today so I packed him a whopper of a lunch...shall we say more like a small picnic.

I have all the peel blocks done for the Orange Peel quilt I'm making for my MIL. This quilt really takes time and although nothing about it is difficult there are a lot of steps. I want to take it to Reggie some time next week with hopes I can get it to my MIL for her birthday the first week of March.

I got my share of snow and ice in Cuba Tuesday. They say we will get some tomorrow or over the weekend.

Libby, are you (or have you) posting pics of your two new quilts?

Monique, good luck with your liquids and your test.

Blondie, I know you love your Blue Hairs. I have never seen a Blue Hair at my salon but I suspect it's because of their prices. I take my MIL there when she is in town and she told me the price is too high, but all that teasing takes time and muscle! I love natural gray/white hair. My red hair isn't a nice shade of gray so it gets covered up.

Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs, of course.

Angela J
January 14th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Sorry to butt in, but I always heard that redheads don't turn grey. Say it isn't so.

Patsquilting
January 14th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Good Morning, All: snow flurries here right now - that's it for today. I guess tomorrow night into Saturday - and Sunday night into Monday. No longer a problem for me - no more slippin and slidding sideways down curvy hills to get to work. YEAH!!.

Songbird - good luck with FIL. Not easy - just be there for them. Blondie - I remember my grandmother - she had blue hair. It was always a different shade every time she had it done ( we are going back 50+ years) YES, favorite type of people.

Snow has been pretty non-existent here so far this winter. I think, as they say, our luck has ran out. Time will tell.

Have a wonderful day all - blessings and good health.

Cathy F
January 14th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Morning all,
Blondie, blue hair ladies made me think of my stepdad's mother. She went from blue to lavender depending on how heavy a hand she had with that bottle of blueing agent!

I've been most fortunate with my hair when I decided no more coloring, my hair is a pure white and I love it! People ask me what I put in my hair to keep it so white they can't believe when I tell them nothing it's just the way it is.
Leaving for a long weekend upstate tomorrow. Wasn't sure if my health would allow us to go but thankfully I seem to be on the mend.

Well I better get moving I've got to get alot of things together before we go but first must fire up the Keurig for some coffee. Be well and have a good day everyone!

Songbird- sorry to hear your news, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MayinJerset
January 14th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Morning, No snow here either and, like Blondie, I'm way over thinking it's fun thing especially after last Winter.

Gray Hair? Who has gray hair? When I was sick last year the last thing I cared about was how my hair looked so just let it grow. That's when most of my family and friends discovered that I my hair is limp and straight and that I had been coloring it for years. I don't know why they were surprised I colored it because I never made it a secret and at times my gray roots were very visible when I had gone too long between touch ups. It's been colored and permed for my 'old look - medium brown short and curly' but I'm going to let the color grow out as I don't have the patience to go to the shop every few weeks. Now if I was near Blondie's salon I would have a standing Thursday appoint with the other Blue Haired ladies but with a perm I wouldn't need the hair rollers.

Monique, I feel for you getting ready for the colonoscopy, I'm on a daily water pill and seriously am considering having my machine set up in the bathroom.
For Songbird and her FIL124236

susie i
January 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Good morning!Blondie you should consider being a writer,you would be a great storyteller!We are supposed to have rain today and be in the 50s,strange weather for this time of year.Yesterday I made my sons girlfriend a drawstring bag which I plan on putting sixteen things in for her 16th birthday. Crafty Gemini has a tutorial for making these,super easy! Monique.good luck,not fun but an important test to have.Songbird,it sounds like you are a very loving DIL.Iwill keep your FIL in my prayers.

Sandy Navas
January 14th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Special prayers to my Norma!
Monique - hoping everything comes out okay.
Libby - what time do you start your day?

Tina W
January 14th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Where in Connecticut are you from. I am from Fairfield County.

Patsquilting
January 14th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Hi, Tina: I'm in New London County - small town (Voluntown). It's on the RI border. Did you get to go on the SHOP HOP that was held in Sept?

RockinLou
January 14th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Greetings from KAZ! It is feeling like a Kazakhstan winter here again, below freezing and snow flurries while I stood outside freezing my buns off during recess duty this afternoon.

I turned 36 this past summer, and my hair is definitely beginning to grey. I plan to let it go naturally, I have never dyed my hair, and I'm kind of scared about the possibilities of what a Kazakh hairdresser might do to me with chemicals!! However, I did cut 6 inches off last week, and now it floats just above my shoulders.

I am starting to fall asleep while I type, so I'm going to head off to bed... goodnight friends!

rebeccas-sewing
January 14th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I'm sick of dyeing my hair but I'm too vain to let it grow gray. Maybe when I hit 70. Songbird - sorry about your FIL's diagnosis.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 14th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Greetings from KAZ! It is feeling like a Kazakhstan winter here again, below freezing and snow flurries while I stood outside freezing my buns off during recess duty this afternoon.

I turned 36 this past summer, and my hair is definitely beginning to grey. I plan to let it go naturally, I have never dyed my hair, and I'm kind of scared about the possibilities of what a Kazakh hairdresser might do to me with chemicals!! However, I did cut 6 inches off last week, and now it floats just above my shoulders.

I am starting to fall asleep while I type, so I'm going to head off to bed... goodnight friends!
It's so interesting to hear about your day being finished when ours in the US are just beginning! Could you tell us what time you are writing when you post? It would be fascinating to know the time difference! I love to hear about your days as a teacher!

toggpine
January 14th, 2016, 02:55 PM
I'm too cheap to color my hair. That stuff is expensive, as I would have to be constantly hunting down the new silver strands that keep popping up.
Thankfully, mine seem to be of the glittery silver variety, so I'll just go with it. I earned everyone of them.

I'm finishing off my coffee and then have to run a few errands before I abandon the family for the weekend. Most everything is set for "Girls Weekend at the Beach", but I really should make sure there is enough feed for all of the animals while I'm gone.
The cat is trying to convince me to chuck all of my plans and take a nap with her. She snuck in the house when I went out to take Em to the bus stop. Shadow has recovered from her broken leg, dislocated hip, and spay marvelously. She still wants to be allowed in to snooze in front of the wood stove. (Who can blamed her?) While I am drinking my coffee and checking out the forum, she has installed herself on my chest and turned on the purr factory. What is it about a cat's purr that is so calming? A warm, purring, fuzzy chest blanket, wood stove, and the recliner, yeah, I could decide to throw all of the day's plans put the window for a nap. But I won't, as that would make tomorrow a crazy thing.

I hope you all have a great day, grey hairs, blue hairs, or whatever color you pull out of the box!
Hugs, Cathy

Kat Smith
January 14th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Hey everyone,
The morning has slipped by and I should be getting ready to go out. My DIL always asks me if I want to go fabric shopping and I always say YES!! She loves it as well, so it doesn't feel like an imposition. Was all set and excited to go and just got a message from her, how about Ikea instead today ? Well, not my first choice but I won't say anything, LOVE her to death and couldn't have picked a better partner for my son if I had done it myself. Heck sometimes I think I like her better than him, if you know what I mean. Ikea will be just fine. I can get some of my favorite Gooseberry jam.

When I get back I have to finish some more "cards" for the matching/memory game I made my Grandson (2 yr 4 mth) for Christmas. He has them all memorized already so the matching game needs some beefing up.

Better go and get ready, don't want DIL and Lovely Lucy ( grandaughter) waiting. Oh funny side note, well I think it is. They took Lucy for her 4 month shots, she didn't cry or anything she just looked at them angrily and peed on everyone.

Have a great day
Kathy

songbird857
January 14th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Ikea will be just fine.

Have a great day
Kathy
Ikea does have a bit of fabric too :)

Kat Smith
January 14th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Ikea does have a bit of fabric too :)

Back home and no gooseberry jam, they said it was seasonal, even though I bought all year last year, and the only fabric I saw (which I quite liked) when I got closer turn out to be vinyl.
Kathy

kensington
January 14th, 2016, 08:27 PM
It's Thursday? Sheesh... I put on my Friday panties. Dagnabbit!