PDA

View Full Version : where are the night owls?

LauraP
January 14th, 2016, 03:35 AM
I'm lonely out here by myself.

sewlucky
January 14th, 2016, 03:38 AM
This night owl is off to bed, maybe to read a chapter or two of my book. Rest well night owls!

Terri

kimsophia
January 14th, 2016, 03:45 AM
I'm here! I am pinning and sewing 600 quarter hexagons onto the sides of 300 half hexagons. I am chain piecing it so it is going relatively quickly. Still, it's a lot of pinning and sewing.

I did not win Powerball! Shocking, I know. :P

stationarymom
January 14th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Hoot hoot I'm here too,I'm just going through all the posts from today.I don't have a sewing room to myself and everyone here is in bed so no sewing at this hour.My son's puppy has to go see the vet tomorrow because he's still having tummy trouble.Last night at 1:30 he was wining and needed to go out it was about 6 degrees and snowing and windy you should have seen him pull my Dd off the steps he couldn't get out fast enough poor thing.

LauraP
January 14th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Joan, you sound like me. When I'm awake my husband is sleeping so no sewing. i'm sitting here trying to decide on a simple pattern for a queen size jean quilt for a man with autism. I have enough jeans to make the back and some for the front along with some gorgeous blue and green misty forest material. Can't quite decide on the size of the blocks and if I just want to make squares or do some rectangles. Any ideas?

stationarymom
January 14th, 2016, 04:05 AM
The jeans might make a nice rag quilt.I've seen some rag quilts done in traditional patterns like trip around the world and others and I think they look really nice. Other than that i don't know about a pattern,maybe look on pintrest and see if there are jean quilts that you like.You can also make lots of patterns with half square triangles too.

Judy, USMC
January 14th, 2016, 04:34 AM
Up late tonight ... watched James Cordon doing Carpool Karaoke with Adele. DH got me hooked on watching the older karaoke's on YouTube. Poor puppy going out into the cold. And that many hexies!!! I'm glad the chain piecing is going quickly for you.

I just finished a flannel rag quilt. Luckily DH is my ragging clipper (and frogger) because this quilt is very long to cover his 6'2" body. Although it went together quickly it will take longer to clip. A combo of squares and HST's sounds like a great idea!

There's a big lottery winner in California who is probably too excited to sleep tonight. Guess that will be the big news story later today. Off to bed now too ........