PDA

View Full Version : Doggie hide and seek

Pandabear
January 13th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I spent a good 10 minutes looking for the youngest mutt. He is prone to getting into trouble at the drop of a hat.

This is where I found him.

On the dining room bench. Probably hoping for food.

rebeccas-sewing
January 13th, 2016, 04:41 PM
One can always hope. What's not to love about a lab.

Altairss
January 13th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Oh the joys of retrievers I have a daily hunt for my youngest to make sure she is not busy lol

songbird857
January 13th, 2016, 05:59 PM
and what a cutie he is!

YellowCockatiel
January 13th, 2016, 06:31 PM
When my mom wanted to find the cat, she would run the electric can opener. The cat ALWAYS came running to see if she was opening a new can of cat food.

CraftHer
January 13th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Our lab stands in his kennel when he wants a treat. When he was a puppy, we kennel trained him with treats. So now he thinks going in the kennel means treats. And he's so cute he usually gets one.

Grandma G
January 13th, 2016, 07:33 PM
All you needed to add was a bubble over him that said, "Did someone say dinner was ready??"

Lyndaj
January 13th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Looks comfy to me.:icon_bigsmile:

Sylvia H
January 14th, 2016, 10:36 AM
When my mom wanted to find the cat, she would run the electric can opener. The cat ALWAYS came running to see if she was opening a new can of cat food.

Oh memories! I did that with one of my cats.

Our lab stands in his kennel when he wants a treat. When he was a puppy, we kennel trained him with treats. So now he thinks going in the kennel means treats. And he's so cute he usually gets one.

You trained him, and now he has turned the tables and has you trained!

Carolyn
January 14th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I'll just be first in line for the next meal and be comfy while I wait.

Pandabear
January 14th, 2016, 12:59 PM
There is no doubt in my house who has who (whom?) trained. My animals rule the roost.

Today they are lazy, sleeping on the couch. I may just get some housework done!!

For those with dogs... two out of my three dogs like to help me sweep and vacuum. and by that I mean follow me around the house and step in front of me to sniff the housekeeping tool of choice. Has this happened to anyone else? They aren't afraid of it..and you would think after 2 and 4 years they would already know what everything smells like.

lmanna
January 14th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Nice that it only took you 10 minutes to find him :-)

We had an indoor cat that we "lost" a couple of times. One time we spent hours looking for her all over the house...calling her name, running the can opener (that trick worked most of the time), etc. We figured she must have snuck outside somehow. I went upstairs and sat on the bed to put my shoes on so I could go out and find her. Hmm, what's that lump on the bed? She had crawled up between the blankets and comforter and was sound asleep. She ended up doing this a few more times but we learned to go look for the lump before we wasted hours looking for her elsewhere.

The 2nd time we "lost" her we had just moved into an apartment that had a hallway closet at the bottom of the stairs next to the front door. Grabbed my coat from the closet in the morning, left for work, came home for work and started looking for her since she didn't greet me at the door.. This time as I was calling her name she started meowing so I knew she was somewhere. Took me a while to track down the location of the meow especially because she was meowing sporadically. She had apparently been stuck in the closet all day. Poor, girl !

We lost one of my dogs twice - both times she had sneaked out of the backyard (in different ways). The first time I found her in the neighborhood walking the same route that I ran with her every day. She had apparently decided it was time for a "bonus" walk and since she knew the way she might as well do it herself. The second time I scoured the neighborhood for her for hours. I returned in tears knowing I had lost her for good. Nope, she was sitting on the front porch at the front door patiently waiting to be let back in the house.

Oh yes, One other time my Mom was visiting from out of town and took my dog for a walk by herself. Apparently my dog decided to take my mom on a different route than the "normal" route I showed my mom and they got lost. I'm sure the dog could have gotten them home once she was done exploring but Mom called me in a panic because she didn't know where they were.

There is no doubt in my house who has who (whom?) trained. My animals rule the roost.

Today they are lazy, sleeping on the couch. I may just get some housework done!!

For those with dogs... two out of my three dogs like to help me sweep and vacuum. and by that I mean follow me around the house and step in front of me to sniff the housekeeping tool of choice. Has this happened to anyone else? They aren't afraid of it..and you would think after 2 and 4 years they would already know what everything smells like.

My dogs have always attacked the vacuum or broom. I mean, barking, jumping and biting at it. I was always afraid they were going to bang their teeth on the vacuum and get hurt. We learned to put them in a different room while performing those duties so everyone stayed sane and safe.

mommadeb
January 14th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Oh he is a clever boy.

Pandabear
January 14th, 2016, 03:19 PM
My oldest dog is terrified of both broom and vacuum. We adopted him when he was seven months (in that time he had at least two other owners we were told) so I have no clue what was done to him. He runs out of the room when either tool is being used.

I never worry about where my cat is. He is my son's pseudo-dog. The cat sleeps in the boy's room all day and waits at the door for him to come home from school, only to follow the kid everywhere. It's the funniest thing. I don't know what we are going to do when my son leaves for college.

So I just finished vacuum the entire house. I ended up having to wrestle with Tiberius while vacuuming both sets of stairs because he wanted to help. He was at my side from the moment I started to the time I finished. Now he's napping on the back of the couch. All that walking must have did him in.