PDA

View Full Version : Wedneday morning hellos

Blondie
November 16th, 2011, 07:25 AM

Happy Day everyone!
Sounds like a bit of rain is on the way here - but I slept great last night. I am so thankful that I don't have the sleep issues I have had in the past. I know for me it was a combo of the "change" and stress. Now whenever I have a sleepless night, i just hope it is on an evening when I don't have to work the next morning.
lol.
Martha, I am so glad that you are home. We have sure missed you, thankful that you were able to be with Mom. Arms around you and yours.
Cyndi, that foot deal sounds a lot like my middle son's break back in jr high years ago. He broke it horsing around and it took quite a bit of time to heal. Be careful. He was not able to participate in many sports after that and has a definite limp. Other factors involved here but you have my permission to baby him.
Judy, glad the computer is working better and that you are feeling better as well. Only issue on MSQC forums I occasionally have is getting to post,. I type it all out, hit the enter and think I am okay until I am back later and see I have been invisible to the world. Now facebook - I go there just to play games and I always get a freeze on there, so I have pretty much given it up.

Ladies, I will be sitting downstairs today, listening to the rain and hopefully finishing up the few projects I have been trying to finish up.

Blessings to each and every one here. I sure wish we all lived next door to each other.

Lisaau
November 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Good Morning (evening for me) Blondie..Sorry you cant sleep hope it fixes itself soon.....Its not nice when we cant sleep at night...I know how it feels because of my knee some nights I cant sleep because it aches non stop and I've had to completely change how I lie in bed and I find I go to bed alot later as well ..then I toss and turn for a while...I wish we could grow new body parts without having to go through a major operation to replace them ....I'm 45 need a complete knee replacement but the drs wont do it yet claim l'm too young. Woke this morning with a sore calf muscle which ensured I could only walk on my tippy toes.... Sorry to be a downer I'm just not feeling very happy today ..but l'm sure l'll be better tomorrow at least I can try gotta be postive.I missed out on my quilting class today as well because I couldnt walk.

rebeccas-sewing
November 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Feel better soon, Lisa.

quilter.martha
November 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Morning all. Blondie, glad you got a good night of sleep last night! Makes an incredible difference on your day, doesn't it? Lisa, so sorry about your knee and leg pain. Will be praying it eases up for you.

Yesterday was a day of trying to get caught up after being gone for 5 days. I am so thankful I have such a wonderful hubby--he cleaned the whole house for me, so at least that wasn't waiting for me when I got back. Didn't even make it into the sewing room yesterday, and it's doubtful for today as well. Oh well, sometimes other things just take priority. It'll be there when I have more time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MRoy
November 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Good morning...It's a gloomy, rainy morning here. Blondie, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep...I think your insomnia moved to my house. I've been up since 2:30 a.m. Now it's time to get ready for work and I could sleep like a baby. Bring on the caffeine!!

Wishing everyone a great day!

quiltingtrish
November 16th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Flying by here on the way to school. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving vacation where I am of from next Wednesday through Monday. Maybe I can catch up then.

this computer is giving me fits sometimes too. No time to mess with it this morning. It doesn't seem to want to put on the page as fast as I am typing it.

Have a great day everyone!
Hugs,

Beakkmom
November 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning ladies, Lisa hope you feel better as the day progresses, and Blondie glad you got some sleep. Our Iowa weather has changed and it is COLD and windy today - a perfect day for quilting (of course every day is a perfect day for quilting!). Myrna, hope your coffee works its wonders for you today.

Blessings ladies!

Bubby
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Good Morning....

A chilly day here in the Ozarks. DH is off to work. He cut his hunting trip short because the weather was too warm and the deer weren't moving. He took yesterday off to recuperate and decided to return to work today. He will be taking another trip a little later when the weather is good and cold.

Martha, glad you are home. Be good to yourself and catch up on your rest.

Bllondie, enjoy your day sewing. Isn't it wonderful to hear the rain and be snug and warm AND sewing!

Lisa, My DH needs two new knees and won't do it yet. When your knees hurt, you hurt all over. Take care.

I have a ton of laundry from DH's trip to take care of today. Also a trip to the little fabric shop here in town to buy the rest of a bolt of fabric I fell in love with...just gotta have it! I bought some for the backing on a quilt I'm working on. Since then I've decided to make the quilt a King rather than a lap quilt, so I need lots more fabric for my backing.....sure hope it's not all gone.

I love the thought of some more new tutorials from Jenny!

I'll check in with you all later today........HUGS, Barb

Monique
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone. I also had a good night's sleep. My nose is very tender. Can not blow, just sniff. It is still pretty swollen. My husband is babying me which I don't mind at all. I might try a little quilting later if I feel better. Have a wonderful day everyone.

meemeecyn
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Happy Wed. everyone! Blondie, hope you get a chance to sew today. Doesn't that just make one feel so good?!?! Martha....glad you are able to get back to normal...whatever that is! We missed you. Lisa...hope the knee gets fixed soon. However, nothing can keep a good woman down....so you Go Girl! Monique....sounds likte you are pretty uncomfortable. Hopefully that won't last much longer and you'll be able to breathe. Takes a lot of energy to get that ole oxygen when you are all taped up. Quilting will help!

I am due to sew today. Now that the Fair responsibilities are over I intend to finish up a few projects. To heck with the laundry. To heck with the vacuuming or cleaning! Well, maybe I will wash the potty....it is gross! haha.....humor is good, right?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Cynthia

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good Morning All! Have a great day!

mamaquilt
November 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Blondie:Blessings to each and every one here. I sure wish we all lived next door to each other.

That would be very nice wouldn't it? I imagine one big huge kitchen with a huge kitchen table to seat at least 30-40 people.
Each one of us has to take turns cooking the meals for us and DHs. One other room for cutting, the next one for sewing and a very huge big one for chatting. Wouldn't that be cool. The whole lot not too far away from MSCQ. We'd get special prices naturally.
Just imagine that.

mamaquilt
November 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Good Morning (evening for me) Blondie..Sorry you cant sleep hope it fixes itself soon.....Its not nice when we cant sleep at night...I know how it feels because of my knee some nights I cant sleep because it aches non stop and I've had to completely change how I lie in bed and I find I go to bed alot later as well ..then I toss and turn for a while...I wish we could grow new body parts without having to go through a major operation to replace them ....I'm 45 need a complete knee replacement but the drs wont do it yet claim l'm too young. Woke this morning with a sore calf muscle which ensured I could only walk on my tippy toes.... Sorry to be a downer I'm just not feeling very happy today ..but l'm sure l'll be better tomorrow at least I can try gotta be postive.I missed out on my quilting class today as well because I couldnt walk.

Well I hope you feel better soon. If you ever find that shop selling new body parts, please let us know. I'm sure their selling would rocket. I for my part need a pair of new hands, maybe also new eyes, so I wouldn't need glasses anymore.
Enough of the kidding, wish you all the best, maybe it just the weather that makes your knee hurt so much.
Tomorrow is another day and maybe it'll hurt less

Sandy Navas
November 16th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Aches and pains, sniffles and snorts, and Cynthia telling dirty potty jokes -
Lack of sleep, needing to weep, and communicating with all these folks.
Stitching and b itching, temperatures rising, flashing and dancing around
Smiles, b'gory, and even one snory . . . I'll never be the bard of Avon.

mianmom
November 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Morning all just have a couple of seconds to check in. This morning I go and get my results of the MRI on my ankle. Hoping its not another 2 hour wait. My 22 year old nephew had heart surgery yesterday and thank God he did wonderful and looks like he will be going home sometime today, as longs as he had a quiet night. Well, I'm off have to get DD dressed so we can get out the door.

Hugs and prayers to those who need or want them!

Have a great day!!

oldgurl4
November 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Morning Everyone!

~Blondie~ Enjoy your wet Day!... It’s still HUMID down here!
~Mamaquilt~ EXCELENT IDEA! Just say When? And I’ll start packing my Priced possession “my sewing machine” …. But if We get in too much trouble… I’ll Pleat the 5th! Haa-haa-haa

~Monique~ I had to GOOGLE the procedure you had done the other day.... GOOD LORD!! I'm glad you were knocked Out!
How long are you expected to completely heal? Feel Better.

~Lisa~ Hi... Sorry to hear about your foot. Tell me something are your muscles tensing due to stretching and circulation? or low on Potassium?
I never heard of someone not being able to have knee surgery due to age??? If I were you, I'd get a 2nd Opinion.

Hi! QS (quilting sisters)

~Rebecca, Martha, Myrna, Bakermon, Cynthia, MrsSew&Sew, MIA and last but not least! Rubby who will be here shortly!.....LOL

~Trish~ Hey Gurl!!.... Como Estas! … P.S. Delete your computer - Cookies and Temp Files. See how that works.

~Bubby~ I need some COLD Weather Here!...”PRONTO”…I’m Melting….MELTING I Tell YA!! LOL…LOL

~Sandy ~ Nice Poem!! And it rhymes Too!(most poems don’t) BTW!.. I keep forgettin to tell Ya
I finally found the Toe Bag Pattern you made from Sew Simple. Yeahh I know It took Me long enough…Hee-hee

Hope You all have a Wonderful Safe Day

I Owe, I Owe Sewwwwwwww
OFF TO WORK I Gooooooooooo!!

Granny Judy
November 16th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ahh, Sandy....where is the music to your tune/rhyme?? I sure can see myself in one or two of those catagorical lines.

1. New body parts?? just give me a new one, not so used up-- ok?
2. Cold weather hit here with temps in the upper 20's every morning this week..thankfully it warmed up to +50's in the afternoon. I hybernate when temps drop below 30...
3. Still got the sniffles & snorts happening.. Need another box of tissue next to my sewing machine.

Hope the knee get's better, soon, Lisa. DD#2 is going for surgery on hers the first of the year.. tore the medial tendon and they are replacing it.. She's had problems with her knees since she was a teen. The knee caps don't stay in place.

mianmom, Hope your results are good with the MRI.. take along a book or hand sewing if ya have that long of a wait...

Good to see ya here more often Cynthia...Those volunteer jobs take on a life of their own and demand so much of our time.. Glad to hear it was a success!!

A great big Morning to all and hope you all are doing better and getting your "projects" in order and going. I for one will be at Blondie's .

KiltedQuilter
November 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I sure wish we all lived next door to each other.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Now there's an idea! Anyone know of a WHOLE street of properties up for sale?

Today I will be trying to get my head around what to cook for dinner and also sorting out the groceries I have just bought!
It is a beautiful autumn day here in Scotland....love the colours of the trees when the sun shines down on them!

Issues still remain with the SIL but I have given a piece of my mind about how my hubby was treated, so feel a lot better for getting that off of my chest. I am all for giving people second chances but when they take that chance to continually behave abysmally THEN I will stand up for myself and my nearest and dearest!

Sandy...Mr Shakespeare might have just liked that, you never know! :)

Hugs to everyone!

Gayle8675309
November 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Good morning ladies! :)

cyndiofthevortex
November 16th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,

It's kind of nice to be here towards the end of the line. I get to read how everyone is doing. Wish I could respond to all that's been said but instead just know that you're all in my heart and prayers.

I'm feeling blah today. The house needs work, DD and SIL and their kids are sick and the seriousness of David's broken foot has caught up with him. Lots of people who need me all around me and I feel like a truck hit me in the night.

Time to rally, I guess. Prayers for energy today would be appreciated. I hope I get a little therapy time in my sewing room. I think it would help to rejuvenate me.

Blah be gone!

Warmly,

Cyndi

Claire Hallman
November 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been gone for a month and glad to be back and reading all the goings on.

About those knees, my sister needs a new one and at 60 they say she is too young:(. I met a lady while I was gone that had both of her knees replaced in India, she didn't have ins so she found a travel agent that specialized in medical procedure trips. How crazy is that? She took a friend and they stayed there until she had some therapy before returning to the US and it was cheaper than having the surgery in the US. Something wrong with that picture to me.

While I was gone a bought bit of fabric in France, Croatia and Italy and am looking forward to incorporating them into something to remember the trip by.

Hope all feel better and sleeps well tonight.

toggpine
November 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Ugh! It's cold and rainy here.
I need to clean out the woodstove and start a fire in there to take the chill off and get rid of the damp.

I have a cooking class tonight. I won the thing as a door prize at the "Coffee with the Principal" thing we have on the first Thursdays at Em's elementary school. It's a "Power Cooking" class. I think it's supposed to show you how to cook for the whole month in one weekend or something like that.
Until I have to get ready for that I am going to try to get in some more sewing.

Hugs, Cathy

sally
November 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
We just finished have a snow storm! 3 inches of the stuff. Very pretty out but the roads are bad. DH just called and told me he got to work okay and he was checking if I made if home safe from my hand quilting class. What a great class. Learned so much!
Now just to put it to practice! I think I will hand quilt my hubby's Christmas quilt...wish me luck! Well off to shovel the side walk. I am supposed to head to my moms for a few days tomorrow. It is a 6 hour drive with 4 mountian passes so will wait and see what tomorrow brings I guess before I head out! Good night and God Bless!