• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Thursday morning hellos

Hello Folksies and Happy Thursday!

It's another work day and it's really felt like winter this week. I am thankful we have not had any rain because it would've meant snow. I like weather as long as I don't have to do anything like get out in it. More than once I have mentioned how I admire all of you pioneer people in the Great White North and your ability to cope. Seems the older I get the less I like it. Perhaps it is true then. You know. The reason Florida has so many Snowbirds. As you may remember we use our woodstove for heat. It's been a relatively mild winter and we haven't had to use it. When winter made it's sudden appearance with 16 degrees mornings, I felt like the grasshopper who sang and fiddled all summer, only to freeze the hair off it's skinny legs. We haven't prepared very well. Add to that I am quite leary of those steps to the basement after a few spills last winter. So, we have been using little space heaters that will make Duke Energy quite happy. bbrrrr.

Thanks to all my compatriots here for listening to me yesterday morning and that undeleted post. Sorrow is a universal language. I know we all have those days, weeks, months where we just don't think we will be able to put one foot in front of the other. When my Mom was so very gravely ill several years back that even the Dr's told me she wouldn't make it, she was oblivious to it all. She knew she was sick, just not how severely. One day while I was getting ready to leave her and get some stuff done at work or home or whatever it was I had to do, I said to her, "Well old gal, gotta run. Important things to do."
    "That's not important" she replied.
    I went over to give her sweet head a peck and said, "yes, honey, it's important. Why would you say that?"
    Mom grabbed my hand and kissed it and said, "This is what's important. It is really the ONLY thing that's important"
    I have never forgotten that lesson and it remains in my mind when I start mental fidgeting during long winded soliliquys with people in the grocery store I haven't seen in a while or other such situations. So, yes, thank you for listening. It was important for me to get things off my chest and y'all were my captive audience. My hand still feels the gift of your kiss.

Let's go make Thursday something we can all be proud of!

Smile.

Last edited by Blondie; January 7, 2016, 04:44 AM. Reason: cuz i kaint spelle
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• SewnByBee
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2015

Re: Thursday morning hellos

Good Motning,
    BLONDIE,.THATS what friends are for.

I hope to get some errands ran,I need to drop off a load to the Sunshine house, they are doing some community work I invour area that really helps alot of families. I haven't got to govto the new store. So I'll take a load a week until I get all the house cleaned out. Thats my goal to reduce this stuff and let someone eltsvhave it. I don't feel like having a hard sale anymore. Myvback just can't do it.

I can pickup a few more tubs. to store what I need tovkeep.

Scooter needs to go to the vet for a little TLC.

If I don't shake this caught, I may go to the Dt.

HAVE a grate day...........everyone.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

• songbird857
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2014

Good morning everyone
      Blondie, your mama is right.

Not a whole lot on the agenda today - cleaning, sewing, FIL dr's appt, sewing...
      I'm working on a few projects at the same time (isn't that always the case?), nothing to intensive at the moment though. Needed some downtime/easy sewing after all the business of the past month or so. I do want to sandwich my bed quilt, but the casters on my cutting table need to be replaced, so I don't want to do it before that so that I know it's level.

Have a great day all!

Comment

• Tina W
        Binding Belle
        • Nov 2013

Hoping to get some quilt tops made and then have help quilting them. On New Years Eve we had a condo fire in Bpt CT in a condo complex that let about 120 people homeless, my quilt guild was notified that people need blankets and we are trying to help out. It would be nice that these people could have something new to call their own since they lost everything. The building was torn down the same day as the fire. No human lives where lost but a number of beloved pets lost there lives. After seeing the remains of there homes it makes me sad that anyone has to go through this. Well off to my sewing room to start some quilts. Everyone have a great day,

Comment

• Carol336
          Missouri Star
          • May 2013

Good morning all. Momma's are really smart gals aren't they.

Hope to get some sewing in today. I picked up some cute valentine fabric - wanting to make a couple pillow covers for the couch. I was going to go to WW - but that scale is not co-operating this am, so may put that off till tomorrow and drink a ton of water today.

I'm doing the Craftsy Block of the Month 2016 and decided to order their fabric kit. It came yesterday and man it's really purdy!!!! Can't wait to get started on it.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• MayinJerset
            Missouri Star
            • May 2012

Dear Blondie, No need to thank us for listening as you have listened so many times while we babbled on about our woes. There are times that the strongest of us need someone to listen so we can deal with what life throws our way. You are always there for all of us so we're all glad we could all turn a friendly ear to you. My BFF and I both needed to talk and we finally had the chance yesterday. We talked for several hours about the not so hot stuff that's going on in our lives. We both got some of the load off our minds and it gave us the opportunity to put things in a better perspective and not sweat the small stuff.

I'm off to get some coffee and get this Thursday started. Yesterday we had our Winter furnace maintenance done and my car inspected so today we're free to do whatever we want - pack last of Christmas stuff away, attend to some laundry, prepare a few meals for the rest of the week or freezer - you know all that fun stuff we all have to do.
            Coffes on.jpg

Comment

• ceiliam
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2014

Morning all. Blondie your mom is a smart woman. IIT made me tear up. It's OK to share sometimes. You are one of the most upbeat person I have ever met.
              I made a list of my unfinished quilt projects. I am not finished I am at 26. OK time to either to get them done or let them go.. However on the list of items that had on finished group. Only one needs to be done. So realized that writing it down helps me focus.
              Everyone have a wonderful day. Cecelia

Comment

• Bubby
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Morning,

It's going to be a long day. Jeff will be working a double shift so I decided to make applesauce today. I got a good deal on apples - have you noticed the price of apples this year, $3 a pound. I love making applesauce and it makes the house smell so good. Other than that I need to do some housework and laundry.

We are supposed to get some freezing rain today. I guess we're due for some real winter weather. If I find some extra time I would like to finish a special little quilt.

Bee, I take loads of things to our community center. Often tenants leave pots and pans, curtains, etc, behind when they move and it's nice having a place to take them that will benefit families who need them.

I got a Kimberbell mug rug DVD and stitched one yesterday and found it a little fussy and poor directions. Maybe I can give it another go today when everything is quiet.

Cecelia, writing things down helps me focus, too.

Wishing everyone a sweet day with Hugs.
                Last edited by Bubby; January 7, 2016, 05:21 AM.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MRoy
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2011

Good morning! Blondie, thanks for trusting us enough to share your feelings yesterday. Your mom is a wise lady and raised a wise daughter too.

We have a wood stove in the basement but I only use it now to burn paper garbage unless it gets really, really cold. I used to keep a fire going all the time until going up and down the stairs often to load/check the stove caused my sciatica to flare up to the point I could barely walk. Now we have a propane gas fireplace upstairs that I dearly love.

More quilting to be done on a donation quilt today.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Monique
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. Blondie, that is what is so wonderful about the people here, we are always at the ready to listen to whatever is going on in someone's life, including yours. As the saying goes, been there, done that.

I had a great sleep last night, a much wanted and deserved sleep. I hardly coughed all night. The morning the cough has loosened which is good.

I was able to get out and get some groceries yesterday. I also got to spend a gift card on myself for a change.

I am hoping to be able to get out tomorrow to the sewing centre in Petawawa.

I am not sure what today will bring. I did spend a little time organizing in the sewing room.

Have a great day everyone.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Judy, USMC
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2013

Hi all! Can you believe it? I'm really posting in the AM. That's because I haven't gotten any sleep because of this winter crud I'm getting. Hard to sleep laying down when it's hard to breath ... so it looks like a green tea & soup day for me.

Hope everyone has a fruitful day and a Special Thank You for sharing those wise words from your Mama, Blondie.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Blondie, I shed another tear as you shared your mom's words of wisdom! My heart needed that today!

Has anyone tried the method to reduce night coughing of coating your feet with VicksVapoRub and putting on socks before going to bed? It's stinky, but seems to work quieting coughs. I've tried it, and it worked for me. A travel companion suggested it for me when we were traveling together and I was keeping her up at night because of my coughing! We did have a quiet night.

I got ready to quilt my Africa quilt and because it ended up bigger than I thought it would, my backing fabric was too short. Found some nice batik fabric on a great sale at Hancock ( plus 25% off for seniors yesterday!). I washed it to make sure it wouldn't bleed and the color catchers had barely any color. So now my excuses for finishing this project have been reduced, so I'd better get it done!

Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Have a wonderful day all. I think I'm going back to bed. My grand kiddies shared. lol, It's been so long since I've been around anybody that had simple virus. This one is kicking our butts! Hubby's gone back to bed, youngest said he wasn't leaving the house.

Just going to rest and try to get over this mess. There's a lot to do with our appt on Monday.
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Vicks on the bottom of the feet WORKS!
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Wwena
                              Missouri Star
                              • Nov 2012

Morning Blondie! I don't respond to nearly enough of your posts but I do love to read them. I too try and keep negativity off the forum/FB/whatever social media but sometimes it just spills over and that is fine. Big hugs!

I'm spending today and tomorrow at home with the kids. Wednesday was a holiday here in Sweden and many prolong their Christmas holiday to include this week as well, if they have kids, since schools don't start until monday 11th. We're spending the day indoors hanging about and playing games. David, my soon-to-be-7-yr-old, won a big Monopoly game that we started playing last night and finished today. It's dreadful cold out, -14,6 degrees Celsius at midday (5 degrees Fahrenheit if I did the conversion right), brrr. Almost no hot water in the shower this morning, it all went into keeping the house warm! Oh well, good day to stay indoors and finish my 2014 BOM!
                              ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                              X