PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays ain't bad . . .

Blondie
November 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Good Morning
Is it morning already? Really? I've been up almost all night. Yep, one of those nights. Too tired to do anything productive, even get on the puter, tossed and turned in the bed, listening to Luscious snore with rhythm until I finally got up and wallowed on the sofa, flipping through the tv. Must be the full moon.
Of course, I could sleep like a log when hubs breezed in the living room and announced "I can never sleep good when you're not next to me". um, right! He tries to tell me he's just breathing heavy. LOL. Too cute.

So, what's up for everyone today? I plan on crawling back into the bed in a few minutes. It is unseasonably warm this morning, supposed to be a lovely sunshiney day. I may go out and even the rays and just look at the leaves. Bursitis or whatever it is, has made using my right arm a tad too sore for me to rake. So, I may just wait for the wind to whisk them away! Just like Camelot.

Today is my oldest son's birthday. He is the one with the expectant wife. I will most likely give him a call sometime this evening. I can't believe he is 32. Where in the world did all the time go to? I still feel like a kid myself!

Jan, hope to read of good news about Emily. She is in my prayers. Still keeping our Martha in my heart. Arms around everyone who needs them. A prayer for my Sis would be appreciated. She's been down with a UTI.

I leave you with a few of my leaves . . . . hehehe

Monique
November 15th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Good morning Blondie.

Happy birthday to your son. I would like to know where the time goes too.

Septoplasty went well. I did not sleep very well at all. Nose is stuffed to capacity. At least that will be removed this morning. I should have a good night sleep tonight, I hope. And hubby too has been wonderful looking after me. May have to play on this for a couple of days.

Have a good day!!

KiltedQuilter
November 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Good Morning
Is it morning already? Really? I've been up almost all night. Yep, one of those nights. Too tired to do anything productive, even get on the puter, tossed and turned in the bed, listening to Luscious snore with rhythm until I finally got up and wallowed on the sofa, flipping through the tv. Must be the full moon.
Of course, I could sleep like a log when hubs breezed in the living room and announced "I can never sleep good when you're not next to me". um, right! He tries to tell me he's just breathing heavy. LOL. Too cute.

That's what my hubby tries to tell me too! :D

Seems it wasn't just me having a bad night. Blondie hope you weren't getting "insomnia vibes" from me?!
Had a TERRIBLE nights sleep(people being very horrid to my hubs...SIL makes me SO :icon_bah::icon_angry:). SooooOOOooo tired! At one point I remember putting baby in a new sleep suit after an "accident" and wondered why it wouldn't go on. Well, I had an arm in one leg of the suit and a leg in the arm! Poor baby!

Today I will be trying not to dwell on the people who made me not sleep last night. Listening to Cat Stevens(when he was called that)....nice.

ps. thinking of everyone on here in need of a hug(wishing I could give you one!)
Monique...take all the pampering you can get! :D

Granny Judy
November 15th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I think I have the computer problem fixed.. still a bit wobbley and I need to hit refreshed a couple of times to get advanced post to work.. still no quick reply. The Computer Whiz of the family ran this beast thru it's paces . I only have problems here? (My favorite place, wouldn't ya know)

Just wanted to hug everyone and prayers sent out to everyone in need. I know the Midnight "sounds" too well. My late hubby used to sing me AWAKE often.. Now it gets too quiet...

I'm sewing blocks for the Iron Quilt Challenge today, so won't get to play on the computer to much. My ideas are NOT working out as I had hoped, so it's back to the drawing room for me..

Maybe I'll get to pop in later today to see how everyone is doing.. Have a blessed day..

Beakkmom
November 15th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies - snoring hubby aside, I am ready for the day! We're having such a mild Iowa autumn I can continue to walk to work and enjoy rustling through the leaves; the sights, sounds, and smells of autumn leaves is so delightful.

Is anyone getting excited for Thanksgiving? I need to dust off my 'once a year recipes' and get my lists started!

Loonwatcher
November 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Good morning all,

Sorry for all of you who are having sleep problems. For once I actually slept well last night. But DH gets up between 4 and 4:30 (goes to bed btw 8-9:00). Most times I can't go back to sleep; or, if I do, it's just before the alarm goes off. Problem is I don't go to bed at 8pm.

Had a short down pour this morning but that's all supposed to go away and be another lovely day in the 50's. Very unusual for here but I'll take it.

Hugs to all of you who need it.

stitching woman
November 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Well there must be something in the air, I too did not sleep last night.

Doing a little shopping today and spend some time with hubs going to his favorite store then to MSQC for me.

Hugs and prayer for all.

kziggy
November 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Morning Ladies.... today holds well who knows really right now I am training a new lady at work. Which for me is fine but my poor cold is kicking my butt. By the end of the day yesterday I had no voice. I took some medicine last night that made me pass right out thank goodness. My DD looked at me last night and said momma no feel good? ha so cute when they are two. For today work work and work no sewing tonight as much as I want to I have a lot of laundry to put away. Some days I wish I could wiggle my nose and my house work get done on its own.

quilter.martha
November 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Morning all!

Yep, here I am, back home in New Hampshire. I flew in last night. I'll join the tired club today--jet lag always gets me--but then, I've been running on tired since last Wednesday.

So for an update on my mom. We got her home from the hospital Saturday night (used an ambulance to transport her). Sunday morning we were able to get her out of bed, dressed and into a wheelchair. This was the first time she'd been out of bed in 5 days. It was a struggle, but we did it! And once she was up, she perked up immensely. She was alert and in her right mind, the best the family had seen her in months. What an answer to prayer! It was definitely a gift for me, as I made the decision to come on home the next day. I was able to say good by to my mom while she was in her right mind and happy. I will carry memories of that day with me forever. We all know her good days are going to be few from here to the end. So hospice has stepped in to give help and support and we'll take each day as it comes.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. And, those prayers were answered. I prayed she'd know who I was, and she did; I prayed she'd not be in pain, and she hasn't been, although her BP is way too high, a sign of her being in pain--she's just not registering it.

Don't know if I'll ever catch up here, so let me say, prayers for those of YOU who need it. And everyone have a great Tuesday!

EsGrandma
November 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Good morning dear friends, Today is going to be special - I'm spending the afternoon with one of my best friends! We're going to a movie and will get to spend some time together. Sending hugs and prayers out to you all. Linda

meemeecyn
November 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Glad to hear you are back home, Martha, and that you were able to see Mom when she recognized you. What a blessing for both of you! Will keep you all in my prayers as you continue on this journey. Blondie and others that haven't been sleeping well...here's praying for a better night tonight. It is so hard to function without getting that. Monique...glad your surgery went well! Bet you will be uncomfortable for a few days....thank goodness for the pain med and computer! You really do keep plugging, don't you Kziggy??? Hope you feel better soon. KiltedQuilter....why do people have to be so mean? I bet you are a wonderful support for your DH at a time when he really needs it! Thanksgiving, Beakmom? YIKES!!!!

Take care everyone. Bless you all and have a great day.
Cynthia

mianmom
November 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Morning all! Cant believe I just woke up, guess I needed the sleep. I got alit of sewing done yesterday, even made my DD a dora the explorer pillowcase. She was so happy,she would come over and ask if I was done yet when ever she heard the machine stop. Today I am hoping for some more sewing time, we'll see.

Hugs and prayers to those who need it!

Have a great day!

Sandy Navas
November 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Out our front door last night.

Good morning everyone! I think I am going to stop here for just a bit and then rush off - I feel like the Holidays are sure starting to catch up with me - so I'd better make haste.

Sending special prayers and hugs to everyone - Monique, Jan L. (Emily), Blondie, Martha (and her Mom), and everyone who has a stuffy nose, cough, fever, cold, yucks!

Catch you all later.

cyndiofthevortex
November 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Hi all,

Yesterday I took DS#5 to get his foot cast. It turned out more serious than we had thought and needs to be well cared for during the next four weeks and beyond or he will need surgery and a screw put in. At 17 he does not want to be unable to play sports because of one wrong step at ultimate frisbee. That's all I did and it took all the energy out of me! Thanksfully DS#2 offered to buy us subs for dinner. Our fridge was too empty for foraging.

The blah and cloudies are back but it is warm today at least. I did make one quilt block for a baby quilt last night. Never made a "Gentleman's Fancy" block before and I really liked how it came out. Maybe I'll make a few more today. I'm using some fabric from the batik sale at Keepsake I unexpectedly found on a roadtrip on Saturday.

I'm concerned about all of you who are having trouble sleeping. That's so serious. I will especially pray that you all can beat this problem somehow and begin to get regular long-lasting sleep at night. And for safety during the day. It's so hard to function without sleep.

Martha, I am so thankful that you had a good time with your mom and that she is not in pain.

Monique, glad your surgery went well. Aren't you glad it's over? I hate looking forward to tough things. I guess everyone does. Prayers for fast healing now being raised up.

KiltedQuilter, I live where you are with your SIL, but in our case it is DH's 4NotDBs. Nothing we can do about it but try to ignore it. Don't let her have power over you if you can. Let the problem be hers and not yours. I am speaking as one who knows how almost impossible that is! So sorry for her unkindness to your DH.

Hope everyone has a great day and just one more thing to say: I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HERE!

Cyndi

oldgurl4
November 15th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Good Day To All!

Back to WORK!
Can't Stay long... forgot My Puter Power Chord.

Yes! Blondie I Agree with you about the weather.... it's EXTREMELY HUMID here Too!
Just walking from My front door to the car this morning had me sweeatin.

Happy BREATH DAY to DS.
P.S. You Never Get OLD.... THat's the Secret. It's how You Feel inside.
NEVER CHANGE MY DEAR "SUNSHINE"

Ooohhh Tell Dear Sis ...CRANBERRY Juice.....works Miracles....
If to sour? then dilute with water or try another flavor Cran Apple!
Now If that don't work the Taste Buds.... I can always come Up there and make her a "Cape Cod" Haa-haa

Sorry I can't stay long.

"Be Safe and have a Blessed Day Everyone"

toggpine
November 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
How weird! I woke up at about 3:30 and felt like I had drunk a pot of coffee. I dozed off a bit about 7. Ugh! I should have just gotten up an sewed instead.

Dropped Em off at school and headed into the grain mill for feed. Picked up a bargain on bread at the outlet store. Regularly $6 for two loaves @ Costco, $4.50 for 4! That will keep us in sandwiches for the next two weeks. Delivered grain to the older lady down the road. Unloaded mine and topped off feeders and cleaned out the water tanks. Now to zip into the library and pick Em up by 3:30. Hmmmm, what to have for supper. I guess I'll think on that while I drive.

I finished the back for the Zebra quilt and another little project that needs to get off in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some more time in the sewing room this evening once it gets too dark outside for me to see in the garden. (Trying to get some of that mess cleaned up after our first good frost.)

Prayers to all who are in need and hugs for everybody!
Cathy