PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Shopping

kimsophia
January 3rd, 2016, 02:47 AM
I didn't want to buy any more fabric. That just makes more work for myself. BUT...I got the Bloom and Bliss Rolie Polie Daily Deal jellyroll and the template for half hexagons. I super-duper love those silly bright fabrics. And I like Jenny's video of floating hexagons. So, I got it.

I've also been watching Marguerita McManus videos. Her voice is so calming. She has a quilt as you go method that makes some sense to me. I've got Marti Michelle's book on it but I can't figure out things from books. If it isn't on video, my brain can't get it. And I really don't want to ever work on quilting a whole, queen size quilt again.

Now all this is because the satellite tv went black and I started thinking. Without the tv to distract me I come up with kooky ideas. lol

How's your woods tonight? Hoot hoot! @,@

jjkaiser
January 3rd, 2016, 03:08 AM
I am at loose ends tonight. I dare not shop or even look cuz I spent about$100 on fabric in Dec and the bill hasn't come yet and that will be in addition to what I spent on Christmas presents. While I wasn't extravagant I don't want to run that bill up any higher. I have nothing good to read right now, TV is so awful I just turned it off, it's midnight and too late to sew as I don't have anything started yet and I'm just not feeling too fresh right now to begin a project at this hour. I have a gorgeous JR that I have been dying to break into since Thanksgiving, Gathering Basket, but I just cannot decide how I want to use it. Ben trolling around on Pinterest for ideas, just cannot decide. Guess for tonight I will just pie another glass of wine and read some more comments on the forum and then head to bed.

For all you kindle users out there:I just discovered Swype this week, holy cow it is so fun and sure improves your typing speed. You have got to try it out!

MayinJerset
January 3rd, 2016, 03:23 AM
I'm skipping the Daily Deals for awhile as I opened a box of UFO's this afternoon that I didn't know I had. I did know I have a box upstairs of lap or larger UFO's that need finishing but this newly found box has several small tops in it. I think I made them for my guild's next quilt show as we raffle small quilts off and really have made a bunch of money. I think the largest size is 18 x 18 and could be used as a table topper, hot pot pad or a wall hanging. This is one I made from a swap block but they can be simple patterns. .123626

toggpine
January 3rd, 2016, 05:18 AM
I finished the fruit pincushions! I'll get some photos tomorrow in the daylight.

Eric finished smoking the turkeys and the soup base is on it's last simmer before being bagged up and frozen.
Had a nice time at my aunties today. Pretty quiet, but that was OK.

The sinuses are doing much better, but tonight I have a tickle in the back of my throat. Probably drainage. Ugh.
Off to catch a few winks!

Andrea F
January 3rd, 2016, 05:47 AM
Good morning!

I was up until 2:30 am, fighting the flap of a (Swoon) Camille camera bag. I made a mistake sewing the flap to the back panel and had to rip it twice so I let it be and went to bed.
My bff and her boyfriend came yesterday evening and they stay til Tuesday when I have to go back to work. We live close to the Netherlands and plan to go to Venlo today for shopping. I'm not going to buy anything besides coffee pads and some peanut sauce, I have to save some money and I also need to buy a bunch of bag hardware soon. Tonight or maybe tomorrow night we're going to see the new Star Wars film.

May, your top is adorable! I love it!
Cathy, feel better soon!

Marion is back, she's a runner... Have a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow!

Carol336
January 3rd, 2016, 06:53 AM
Hoot Hoot everyone. I've got to stop getting up at 4am....my resistance is down...just pushed the send button on an order for 4 layer cakes and some yardage that doesn't even match any of them.....AND - I have no idea what I'm going create out of any of it or why I even need it for that matter. Come on coffee, kick in before I look log into any more quilt/fabric/sewing shops.

bhaggerty
January 3rd, 2016, 11:56 AM
Love the Bloom & Bliss JR!
I put it in my cart but never returned.
So now the DD is over so I need to dump it.
That is how I try to keep from buying them all.
I am really trying to focus on using my stash ... Trying not to accumulate.