PDA

View Full Version : Well?

asta
December 31st, 2015, 08:56 PM
DH just left for work and I just pulled the quilt I was planning on binding tonight out of the wash-it went much faster than I planned-so I have the night to myself. Do I start another project? Clean up my sewing room? or just become a vegetable on the couch for the night?

shirleyknot
December 31st, 2015, 09:09 PM
Its a real good veggie night. Why not join me?

Hulamoon
December 31st, 2015, 09:25 PM
Veggie here too. I might binge Fargo tonight. Since it's set in snow maybe it will feel cooler here. lol

quiltingtrish
December 31st, 2015, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me - vegging on the couch.

K. McEuen
December 31st, 2015, 09:27 PM
That is pretty much what I will be doing. House sitting and didn't bring my machine with me. I may go and pick it up tomorrow since I will be here for 10 more days.

I was thinking earlier about the people I am sitting for. They are in NYC this week (New Year's Eve there!) and are leaving tomorrow to fly to Iceland to see the Northern Lights. They sure know how to pack a lot into their vacations.

ceegee
December 31st, 2015, 09:31 PM
DH is home,but we are vegging out tonight also. Made some nice snacky foods - deviled eggs, shrimp with cocktail sauce and guacamole (my favorite - mine, all mine!) Won't - read can't - stay up through midnight anymore!

mischiefkat
December 31st, 2015, 09:44 PM
Tonight is a veg out night here too. Thinking about that unfinished bag of chips and the onion dip. Even my cat is vegging she got a little catnip as a treat. Curled up on the back of the couch now. Happy New Year to all. Kathy

asta
December 31st, 2015, 10:27 PM
Well then it is popcorn-with butter, a glass of wine and what ever garbage is on t.v. tonight, maybe a late night walk with the dog. Enjoy your evenings, what ever your plans are.

mommamarsh
December 31st, 2015, 11:21 PM
Relaxing at home and plan to watch several "Thin Man" movies on TCM. Made a cheese ball and have shrimp in the refridge,if we make it awake to midnight . DH is napping and "watching" the Cotton Bowl .A Blessed,Happy New Year to all !

asta
January 1st, 2016, 12:16 AM
Relaxing at home and plan to watch several "Thin Man" movies on TCM. Made a cheese ball and have shrimp in the refridge,if we make it awake to midnight . DH is napping and "watching" the Cotton Bowl .A Blessed,Happy New Year to all !

"Thin Man" my favorite movies, I think I will climb in bed, put one of the dvd's in and watch them as Asta lays on my feet and keeps them warm.

blc
January 1st, 2016, 12:47 AM
A couple of bottles of chilled champagne, a fresh cheesecake I took out of the oven this afternoon, a pot of potato soup and a pan of cornbread. We are livening large tonight with Netflix on TV. I'm sure the kids shooting off fireworks will outlast us and the New Year will probably tick by when we are already sound asleep.

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2016, 01:19 AM
Less than an hour to go for the New Year to begin and I'm awake! Company left around 7 so DH and I relaxed and vegged out watching TV. It didn't take me long to fall asleep but I'm wide awake now so there's a good chance I'll make it to midnight this year. A cool drink and some cheese and crackers while watching a Thin Man movie will keep me going until the Ball drops.