PDA

View Full Version : Famous Daughter!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 31st, 2015, 05:21 PM
My youngest has been a pharmacy tech for almost 20 years, her last 3 years in the hospital near our home. They featured many department personnel in their current quarterly newsletter, and she was one of the folks featured! They photographed her on a great day, not overly tired( she worked the graveyard shift!) hair styled and make up on showing her pretty smile!

I will cherish this picture because she moved away in October and I miss her so much! Too bad for the hospital, they lost a valuable employee! This photo is also on the wall of the hospital, one of her former colleagues posted a picture on FB hugging the picture crying! I know I'm not the only person who misses her!

SewnByBee
December 31st, 2015, 05:43 PM
What a pretty girl. So sad they have to grow up and fly. I miss my girlvtoo. This part of being a mom stinks. Yes I know we helped them to grow wings for a reason but....... that doesn't make me miss her less.

I heard it be said when I had my daughter, meet your best friend..... well, one day I said......... now..... this is hard........ I feel your pain. All I can say is use that phone.....stay in touch. Take care. Be proud of her, she sounds lovely.

Grandma G
December 31st, 2015, 05:54 PM
How cool is that! She is a beautiful young lady and she has such a gorgeous smile. I am sure you do miss her terribly and I'm sure you are understandably proud of her (and who wouldn't be) and I know how difficult it is to let her go. That is the sad part of them growing up but you are to be congratulated on a job well done.

Happy New Year, Jean!

Monique
December 31st, 2015, 05:57 PM
She is beautiful Jean.

jjkaiser
December 31st, 2015, 06:08 PM
What a pretty girl! I know you really miss her, my dd moved away too, and took her two little daughters with her. When they come for a visit we sure make a big fuss! (She only moved 2hrs away, aren't we being silly!) You are rightfully proud of your daughter, thanks for sharing this newsletter with us! It sounds like she has a very successful career going there.

Iris Girl
December 31st, 2015, 06:19 PM
Beautiful girl and such a wonderful smile.

Mimis-quilts
December 31st, 2015, 07:00 PM
You must be so proud to have an independent and beautiful daughter! I stinks when they move away, but the reunions are oh so sweet!
Happy New Year Jean!

Sharyn J
December 31st, 2015, 07:12 PM
She's a beautiful girl and such a lovely smile. .

Cathy F
December 31st, 2015, 07:19 PM
Congrats to her, you have a beautiful daughter Jean.

Bubby
December 31st, 2015, 07:43 PM
She's beautiful Jean..wonderful smile. I know how much you miss her. Mine is on the other coast in California.

DebbieDoodle
December 31st, 2015, 08:01 PM
Oh, she's beautiful! I know your heart is aching. Thank goodness for FaceTime & Skype. That should help a little.

cv quilter
December 31st, 2015, 08:11 PM
A truly beautiful girl, and how proud you must be. So sad when they move away, but we teach them to be independent (then when they are we feel a little sad). Congratulations for raising such a beautiful and "newsworthy" daughter. Happy New Year, Jean.

GrammaBabs
December 31st, 2015, 08:19 PM
Jean, she is beautiful... it's hard having so much further away I imagine... but lucky you.. you've NO problem going to her if you feel the need, right? You should be so proud!!

RiverMomm
December 31st, 2015, 08:57 PM
Great picture! She is beautiful and famous.

How did the family do with the first snow? They have been super lucky this year with the weather!

We now have about two feet of snow on the ground here. One day green grass, and then WHAM! two feet of snow!

alliek
December 31st, 2015, 09:20 PM
What a lovely photo and a beautiful girl. Yes I know how much you must miss her. My beautiful DD lives about 600 miles away. I miss her every day.

Andrea F
December 31st, 2015, 10:04 PM
Your daughter is a beautiful girl! You must be so proud! I've been thinking a lot of you since they moved so far away. It makes me extra grateful that my son only moved one hour away and comes home frequently.

cv quilter
December 31st, 2015, 10:12 PM
A truly beautiful girl, and how proud you must be. So sad when they move away, but we teach them to be independent (then when they are we feel a little sad). Congratulations for raising such a beautiful and "newsworthy" daughter. Happy New Year, Jean.

Connie Jo
December 31st, 2015, 11:33 PM
Beautiful young lady. Congratulations!

KaylaWalker
December 31st, 2015, 11:40 PM
I know you miss her dearly. Daughters are our best friends!

pcbatiks
January 1st, 2016, 12:45 AM
You must be so proud of her. It's a great picture of your daughter. You should consider getting that picture or the cover photo printed and framed or made a stretched canvas photo to hang in your home. Big hug to you, Jean.

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2016, 01:24 AM
What a beautiful Ray of Sunshine she is.

auntiemern
January 1st, 2016, 02:50 AM
What a beauty (looks like her momma). I know how bad you miss her and the grands. But also how very proud of her you are.

Wwena
January 1st, 2016, 06:39 AM
That is a lovely picture! How great that they feature people who do the work, every day. :) I'm sorry she moved away.

gshannon1008
January 1st, 2016, 07:04 AM
Roots and wings, Jean. Her accomplishments and the relationships she has built prove that you have done great at what families give children---Roots and wings. Be proud Mama!

Over40momma
January 1st, 2016, 07:36 AM
Being a mom has to be one of the most hardest jobs in the world.....but when you see a young lady bloom and grow into a very special, caring person......it is the reward for all the hard work. We will always miss our kids, whether they are 2 hours or 2 continents away. :icon_hug::icon_hug:

Jean Sewing Machine
January 1st, 2016, 10:15 AM
Great picture! She is beautiful and famous.

How did the family do with the first snow? They have been super lucky this year with the weather!

We now have about two feet of snow on the ground here. One day green grass, and then WHAM! two feet of snow!
They got about 8" this last round, of course, the kids loved it! It snowed a bit the weekend before Christmas, but we were in New York City then, so they missed it!

Sounds like you got quite a big dump of snow! If it had been cold enough last weekend, our 10" of rain in STL would have been quite a pile of snow!

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Jean - how awesome and beautiful your daughter is.