PDA

View Full Version : Storm Update

Bubby
December 28th, 2015, 05:30 PM
At least for now our storm is gone. What an unbelievable experience. Our culvert jumped the ditch and the water almost reached our front door. I was on the porch sweeping water back for hours. I think we came out okay. We may have a little moisture in the TV room, but compared to what it could have been I have no complaints.

The storm is still raging on for so many others. Let's keep them in our prayers and thoughts. I'm exhausted and will head for bed early tonight.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us.

Shirley, I hope you are okay in Arkansas.

Dollyquilts
December 28th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Here in Houston, Texas, we were very fortunate. We had rain and wind, but at least in my subdivision, things were pretty tame. Today it is cold and clear, just a beautiful day. North Texas didn't fare very well, with tornados and flooding. People lost their homes and all their belongings. The town on Rowlett, near Dallas, suffered massive damage. They will be cleaning up for a long time. Praying for those who suffered damage in the storms.

Genny
December 28th, 2015, 05:46 PM
We're still getting sleet and snow but thankfully not the flooding that you're getting Bubby...prayers going out for everyone in this storm.

shirleyknot
December 28th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I'm ok, Barb, just surrounded by water. Rain stopped a couple hours ago, so it will go down soon. I have enough of everything, so waiting it out isn't a problem. No mail delivery today though, go figure! :D

SewnByBee
December 28th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Glad your OK. You better rest. We'll kuup praying for everyone.

Hulamoon
December 28th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Wow, I didn't realize it got so bad. I caught the news this morning. I'm happy you are safe.

mischiefkat
December 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Glad to hear that folks are safe and sound for the moment. No one had to leave their homes. Just reports of water in basements etc. will continue to pray that all stay safe. Kathy

jjkaiser
December 28th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I am relieved you are ok, thanks for the update. Now please get some sleep before you fall over from exhaustion and worry.

bhaggerty
December 28th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Glad you are all ok! Anyone hear from Jean? She had water in her basement --- where all her machines and sewing studio are located...

songbird857
December 28th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad you guys are safe. I hope Jean chimes in soon.

K. McEuen
December 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Glad the rain has stopped. The sun is shining bright today, so the snow from a couple days ago is melting. They are calling for more snow tomorrow, but I don't think it is expected to be as bad as the first storm.

quiltingtrish
December 28th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Prayers are still coming from here.

KPH
December 28th, 2015, 11:38 PM
So glad to hear good weather news from most. It started raining here... again. It's been pretty hard at times. Not a great thing to hear when you know the roof leak hasn't been found at the son's house.

A tornado touched down in the Monroe area this afternoon. Hope things are alright over that way.

auntiemern
December 28th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Glad to hear you and your belongings are all ok. I couldn't figure out what stream or river you had by you...I was thinking the Current, but when I checked Montauk it didn't seem so bad. Happy that you made it through the worst of it. DD's BF is going to get about 3 ft of water in his place near Meremac Caverns. I feel so bad for him. Sis is going to be stranded to after this evening.

Simply Quilting
December 29th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Glad you are doing ok. Many friends have posted pictures on facebook and there is a dam that was about to breech a couple hours ago. Continued prayers for all.

ceiliam
December 29th, 2015, 12:48 AM
So relieved you and Shirley are OK. Not just need to here from Jean. Get rest and prayers still being sent your way

Monique
December 29th, 2015, 08:21 AM
We have a raging snow storm today. Greg and Ashley are coming home today so prayers for a safe trip would be so greatly appreciated.

Glad to hear the rain is tapering off.

Bubby
December 29th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Marilyn, We don't live on a river but we are close to the Piney and several large creeks, two of which run through our property. We live at the bottom of a hill and have a smallish culvert pipe. Everything was draining toward us and when the water jumped the ditch it headed for our front porch. It was an experience I hope never to have again. Our house in on a concrete foundation so there was no basement to flood.

shirleyknot
December 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I'm 20 miles from the nearest river and 2 miles from the little creek, but the road lies low, between hills, so it had a river running down it anyway.

Carolnnc
December 29th, 2015, 11:21 AM
We've just gotten so much rain that we now worry about the large pine trees falling due to ground saturation.

pcbatiks
December 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Barb.....so glad to hear you & your home are okay. Hope you had a good nights rest.