PDA

View Full Version : A Little bit squelchy

Divine Daisy
December 27th, 2015, 11:05 AM
somewhat damp here!

We are ok thankfully thanks to being on a hill, but have been out there today to check a friends shop as she is marooned!

Hope everyone else is reasonably dry!
xxx

Bouse
December 27th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I've seen it on the news. Its so awful for all those people who have been flooded out of their homes at this time of year.

Carolnnc
December 27th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Oh my! I will now quit complaining about my very squishy yard!

bhaggerty
December 27th, 2015, 12:18 PM
How awful!
Glad you are ok!
On a lighter note...
Daisy, I made your frackers this year and they were a big hit!

Splinter
December 27th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I am reasonably dry considering some areas not too far from me. About a quarter of my yard is pooled with water, but there is no danger of water getting to the house. Our driveway is clear, so we are able to get out and about if needed. I'm thankful for that because being marooned is no fun. We have about 30 more hours of rain in the forecast, and there is another round of heavy rainfall coming late tonight. We have had about 5 inches of rain since yesterday morning, and we have about 3.5 more inches in our forecast before it is over. Anyone in flooding regions, check on your neighbors and be careful!

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM
So sorry for your situation. Been there myself with flooded yards streets etc. No flooding in my house. This weather is crazy. If I understood the weather correctly Texas had tornado's, rain etc last night. Now it's going to snow. Everybody stay safe. Kathy

Monique
December 27th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I am sure everyone wishes they were on higher ground too. Stay safe.

auntiemern
December 27th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Glad you are safe. So sorry for your friends and neighbors. We are high on a hill too, and hopefully will continue to be able to get out. With what they are predicting though (record or near record flooding) that may turn in to an issue. Came close to going over our State Rd by the house back in '93...we are hoping for the best, and praying for friends and family that will certainly be affected.

jjkaiser
December 27th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Oh my, I would freak out if we got that much rain!! Where do you people live? Well stay home and inside if you can! Hope things get better soon for you all.

K. McEuen
December 27th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I hope you have a little boat for Seamus so he doesn't get his feet wet while making his rounds.

easyquilts
December 27th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Oh, my goodness... Squelchy, indeed!

Sandy Navas
December 27th, 2015, 11:03 PM
My Dear Alison - how scary!! Hope you have your Mae West life jacket if you have to venture out.

I can't swim!!!