PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Weather

Bubby
December 27th, 2015, 07:58 AM
In online for a few minutes only, as our storms are turning real ugly again.

We are seriously close to flooding here at home. So far we've had more than 6 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. We have been offline since yesterday. So far our power has remained on. We are concerned about the apartments in Cuba but they have paved roads there. Our road is washing away. Will try to check in later.

Over40momma
December 27th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Keep safe Barb and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Tis a rough season this year; mother nature seems to have a "burr under her saddle".

pcbatiks
December 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Stay safe, Barb. Thinking of you.

Monique
December 27th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Keep safe. It has been a strange year for weather. We awoke to a white morning here. Quite a bit fell through the night.

shirleyknot
December 27th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Yes, my road is under water. Good thing I don't need to go anywhere.

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Prayers for all who are in the path of the storms. Stay safe. kathy

Pepsiboy
December 27th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Bubby,

Same here in Shell Knob. Been raining since about 2pm yesterday. As of now we have had a total of just over 3 1/4 inches of rain. Looks like it will be the same all day today and into tomorrow.

Dave

Sandy Navas
December 27th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Special thoughts to all who are in the eye of this storm. We've only had a smattering of wind and rain - so far.

Angela J
December 27th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Stay safe everyone in the path of these storms. I will say a prayer for each of you.

songbird857
December 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Keep safe... Praying for all in the affected areas.

MRoy
December 27th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Thinking of those in the storm areas. It's like Spring here this morning with the rain to move in this evening.

MayinJerset
December 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Scary weather for Barb and others and pray all of our friends will weather the storms without harm or accidents.
Glad our only weather worry here is that it's dreary and rainy again - we certainly can live with that.

bhaggerty
December 27th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Stay safe!!!

Claire Hallman
December 27th, 2015, 01:06 PM
It is bright out today for a change, not really sunny but not like it has been lately. We have had lots and lots of rain, 7" in the last couple of days. We are also on a hill so the water in our basement was from the air conditioner humidity overflow. It has been pretty warm.
Not much water so not a problem but it was a surprise when I went down there Christmas day.
I hope the rain is over for a while and that everyone is OK.

Mpyles
December 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Rainfall forecast for today. Yesterday in Springfield 6.06 inches and I believe most along i44 received about the same. Those south less yesterday but more for them today.

We are seriously close to flooding here at home. So far we've had more than 6 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. We have been offline since yesterday. So far our power has remained on. We are concerned about the apartments in Cuba but they have paved roads there. Our road is washing away. Will try to check in later.

Shirley
December 27th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Please stay safe Barb. Thinking of you!!

susie i
December 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'm in wright city and the rain and storms have been nonstop here also,hope you stay dry and safe,

TracyD
December 27th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Wishing you well and safe Bubby!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 27th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I don't know how much rain we had here, but it has flooded my basement sewing studio! Not a fun prospect to move all that stash.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
December 27th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Oh Jean. What a pain. Stay safe, everyone.

bhaggerty
December 27th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Terrible news Jean!
Keep your machines out of harms way!!!
Try to get everything off the floor!
We do not have basements in Texas.. way less storage, but I guess we do not have to deal with them flooding.

BobW
December 27th, 2015, 03:16 PM

It has rained a lot here, but no damage or flooding that I have heard about yet. JeanSewingMachine posted on FB that her basement has flooded, she is having to move her stash and all.

Take care of yourself Barb, Jeff and Scotties.

SewnByBee
December 27th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Finally dry today, but note rain is coming. Were gonna need a boat.

beccavan1
December 27th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Praying for you Barb.
I have a brother who lives in Spingfield, MO and family from Springfield down past Branson.
I don't know where you're located, but my brother called last night and said how terrible it is.
My prayers are with you and ALL the people who are dealing with this devastation.
Beck :icon_crazy:

auntiemern
December 27th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Prayers Barb that it doesn't get to you or wash out your road. We had about 6" of rain yesterday, and the rivers around here will be flooding at high levels. Shouldn't affect me, unless it gets to record levels and that may put it over the state road we use to get in and out. Prayers for all in harms way due to this wacky weather.

CarolynK
December 27th, 2015, 05:10 PM
My prayers go out to you all with that much rain and flooding. That weather, thank goodness, is just east of us.....but at the moment we are getting sleet and freezing rain along with about 40-50 mph winds. Later tonight we're in for about 4-8 inches of snow on top of the sleet. It was blowing so hard when the hubs took the dogs for a walk that they had freezing rain on their fur - they were not amused. :icon_rolleyes: