PDA

View Full Version : Bad, bad weather

Papa
December 26th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Most of the city is flooded and the county is worse. Several businesses have been struck by lightening and trees and utility poles are down everywhere. The water rescue units have been busy pulling people from vehicles that tried to cross low water bridges. They tell you "Turn around, don't drown" but some people still try to drive through the water.
The Red Cross has been called out to help families who's houses and apartments have been flooded. The Ford dealership has been flooded and they are trying to move cars to higher ground. The local fire department is working several house fires. The rain is not supposed to end until Monday so it may get a lot worse.

am2901
December 27th, 2015, 12:03 AM
Most of the city is flooded and the county is worse. Several businesses have been struck by lightening and trees and utility poles are down everywhere. The water rescue units have been busy pulling people from vehicles that tried to cross low water bridges. They tell you "Turn around, don't drown" but some people still try to drive through the water.
The Red Cross has been called out to help families who's houses and apartments have been flooded. The Ford dealership has been flooded and they are trying to move cars to higher ground. The local fire department is working several house fires. The rain is not supposed to end until Monday so it may get a lot worse.

What city are you referring to?

judimccl
December 27th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Papa, saying prayers for your safety.

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Absolutely saying prayers. Where is this at? kathy

K. McEuen
December 27th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Ugh, the weather this winter has been so weird. You guys are flooding. We got snow and COLD today and probably tomorrow too and the northeast is still in the 60s.

Papa
December 27th, 2015, 01:13 AM
I am in southwest Missouri. All is well at my house. It is still raining and the streets and county roads are getting worse. The fire departments and water rescue units are still very busy. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my wife's death and we always go by the cemetery but I think we will have to wait for a day or two. My daughter lives 10 mile away and the roads are flooded between her town and mine.

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Sorry the weather is giving problems. Just stay safe. Sounds like things could get worse. kathy

quiltingtrish
December 27th, 2015, 01:26 AM
That's awful, I will put your whole area in my prayers.
Karen - we are supposed to hit 71 tomorrow here in Central PA. Crazy!

Papa
December 27th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Here is a video of the car dealership .

http://tiny.cc/dmlm7x

jjkaiser
December 27th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Oh this sounds terrible and a little scary. Stay home and in your house where you will be relatively safe

JCY
December 27th, 2015, 01:38 AM
I've been following the news of the tornados & flooding. So sad to happen any time, but especially right at Christmas. I hope everyone stays safe & has no damage. We got 2" of snow here in the past 24 hrs. & it's down to almost 10 deg. It might be 0 in the a.m.

Monique
December 27th, 2015, 08:30 AM
WOW that is a lot of rain. We had rain all last week and now we have snow on the ground this morning.

ceiliam
December 27th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Please stay safe ,awful to happen anytime but at Christmas time even worse. Extremely cold here, and even a little snow does not happen much here.

shirleyknot
December 27th, 2015, 09:27 AM
North central Arkansas isn't faring well either. My road is under water. Luckily I live on top of a very large hill.

shermur
December 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
So worried about my daughter's car trekking the trip in her car from San Diego to Fort Smith with DH and precious grandson. They headed out from San Diego about 30 minutes ago....the weather needs to co-operate!

Momofmonsters5
December 27th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I'm snowed in NM way down south .....crazy weather

shirleyknot
December 27th, 2015, 01:05 PM
So worried about my daughter's car trekking the trip in her car from San Diego to Fort Smith with DH and precious grandson. They headed out from San Diego about 30 minutes ago....the weather needs to co-operate!

Really bad day for that, if you look at the national picture.

Splinter
December 27th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Sherri, I pray that they stay warm, have a safe trip, and make wise decisions throughout the journey. The road conditions are supposed to improve across New Mexico this afternoon and tomorrow. The storm will always be ahead of them, so that should make a difference. Give them big hugs and warm drinks when they arrive safely on your doorstep.

shermur
December 27th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Sherri, I pray that they stay warm, have a safe trip, and make wise decisions throughout the journey. The road conditions are supposed to improve across New Mexico this afternoon and tomorrow. The storm will always be ahead of them, so that should make a difference. Give them big hugs and warm drinks when they arrive safely on your doorstep.

Thank you, Splinter....for the update(s). They plan on taking I8 and I10 hwys to El Paso; I20 to Dallas. I sent them a weather pic of that area and advised they do not exceed more than 10 hours driving time. AT this point, should they not run into any trouble, I'm hoping they will be home sometime Tuesday. It's been since last February since I had Ashley and Conner home...I want them to have a most safe arrival here....

auntiemern
December 27th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Prayers for all affected. Our area is in the same boat. (no pun intended). We have the Meramec and Big River to worry about surrounding us. They are talking about record breaking or near record flooding. Scary stuff for sure.

K. McEuen
December 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM

Are they coming through Albuquerque? It looks like I-40 is the straightest shot.

shermur
December 27th, 2015, 05:45 PM
No, they're taking the southern route....of course, looking at the map it looks like it won't matter which route they would have taken, they'll be some kind of icky weather....

Sharyn J
December 27th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Prayers to all and safe travels. We are bracing for ice and wind storms starting early a.m. tomorrow.

shirleyknot
December 27th, 2015, 08:11 PM
My hill is now surrounded by water. House and barn on top will be ok unless it rains another month. Won't be going anywhere for a while though.

alliek
December 27th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Praying for you Papa and all those in need. So sorry for all that suffered.

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Prayers to all and safe travels. We are bracing for ice and wind storms starting early a.m. tomorrow.
My brothers and sisters live within 50 miles of you. I remember when my sister and her family did live in Tinley Park. Had a massive snowstorm. BIL was up on 80 taking pictures no traffic to be seen any direction hadn't been plowed either. What a mess. Kathy

shirleyknot
December 27th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Are they coming through Albuquerque? It looks like I-40 is the straightest shot.

I've heard 40 is closed from Albuquerque to OK City.

mischiefkat
December 27th, 2015, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=shirleyknot;830636]I've heard 40 is closed from Albuqurke (sp) to OK City.[/QUF
Friend of my DH e-mailed that 40 is closed through NM to Texas border. Kathy

judimccl
December 27th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Prayers for safe travels. :icon_wave:

cv quilter
December 27th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Gosh, Kathy. I will definitely hold good thoughts and say a prayer for you and yours. We all need to pray that all those in danger, all traveling, and all with loved ones in danger will be OK. This has been a crazy season already. We have been really cold with lots of wind, but no problems like so many of you. Stay safe and warm and hopefully out of danger.

Angelia
December 28th, 2015, 01:32 AM

It is a mess--more than eight inches of rain over the past two days. My house isn't in a flood area, but so many are. Take care, Papa.