• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Splinter
    Applique Angel
    • Aug 2014

Missing You This Christmas

Christmas is the time of year when we gather with our loved ones for merriment and festivities. These often include eating tasty foods and exchanging gifts. When I was a kid, the gifts were all about what I got to unwrap for myself. Now, it is about the expressions of love that I get to wrap for other people. Reading the recent postings on the forum, I realize that there are many for whom this Christmas is going to be different because there are loved ones who won't be unwrapping their gifts this year. No matter how long they have been gone, they are still loved and remembered.

This Christmas Eve, I'm taking a moment to say "Merry Christmas" to

my grandparents, my step-father, my step-brother, my uncle, my cousin,

my father-in-law who has been gone exactly 5 years today,

and the 4-month old baby related to a close friend of mine who has been gone for 6 weeks. He was with us for a very short time, but he will be remembered for a lifetime.
  • judimccl
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Missing You This Christmas

Yes, it is a sad time and a happy time. As I watch my grandchildren unwrap their presents from Santa I often think of my mother and father, who I know are watching from heaven, and thinking how excited they are watching over them, and seeing how big their smiles are.

Comment

• MayinJerset
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

Christmas is all about love and also remembrance because sometimes the ones we love are no longer with us.

Comment

• RockinLou
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2014

Thank you for this beautiful message.

Comment

• dwil23
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

Yes, it is true. When we are young we don't realize how the older ones are missing their parents and grandparents. Then we lose them and our kids and grand kids are all excited about the gifts and don't realize the that we have huge holes in our hearts where our parents and grandparents used to be. And life goes on.....

I hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas Day filled with sweet memories - new and old.
          Donna

Comment

Working...
          X