PDA

View Full Version : 3 more sleeps left

Monique
December 22nd, 2015, 08:06 AM
Good morning friends. It is starting to look like Christmas, we had snow yesterday. It won't last thought, the temperature is slowly crawling up. By Christmas it is supposed to be 14C. I had a busy day at work. I have the little dresses quilt binding to finish. The kids are coming today and might just be home before me today.

Have a wonderful day friends as you all continue to prepare for the holidays. To those who are traveling, be safe out there.

From my family to yours, may you all have a wonderful Christmas season and may 2016 bring you good health and much happiness.

songbird857
December 22nd, 2015, 09:13 AM
Good morning..
The mall wasn't bad yesterday when we went ;)
Today I just need to get a few groceries and a couple of gift cards for the family - easy peasy. As far as sewing, I will just finish up a wallet for my older daughter.
I hope everyone has a great day today. CIAO

RockinLou
December 22nd, 2015, 09:27 AM
Good Morning!
Today the kids and I are going to decorate a Gingerbread House.
We are done shopping, and it only took a few visits to shopping mhow chaotic it is, malls this time of year to realize how crowded and chaotic it can be, however not being in a rush ourselves, it was pretty painless. We are done though, no more shopping.

My mom arrives tomorrow morning on an 8am train. I'm looking forward to seeing her!!

I'm going to work on sewing a shirt for myself today, I'm hoping to wear it when I pick Mom up in the morning because she shipped the fabric to me just so I could sew it upon our arrival in ATL, the pressure to live up to my self-imposed deadline is real...

I so enjoy vacation, and sipping my coffee while the morning thread unravels, it is a rare luxury so I'm going to sit back and enjoy. Thanks, all, for being a part of my virtual world, it is a kind, caring and supportive one.

RiverMomm
December 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
Good morning all. After all the hustle and bustle to get my packages wrapped and mailed, I thought I was finished. THEN I realized that I haven't wrapped DH's presents. Not a big problem except I ran out of paper and tape. I wonder how he would feel about his gifts wrapped in fabric? LOL, just kidding . . . no way am I risking my fabric stash. Guess it's off to the store for me.

The weather here has been amazing. We had a sprinkling of snow the other day but it is all gone. NO snow on the ground?? Last year we had several feet of snow at this time. Heck, last year we already had snow on the ground for a month. Thank you weather for giving us a break (so far) this year from snow and cold. The temperature is predicted to be 60 on Christmas Eve day. What?!? Wow!

Merry Christmas everyone!

buckeyequilter
December 22nd, 2015, 09:49 AM

Good morning....

I'm off work now until after Christmas. I have already made some candy this morning and am planning to make some cookies in a little bit. I haven't made cookies and candy in a couple of years and thought I'd like to do my own this year (what was I thinking!)

I have a quilt on the frame and think I might try to get that finished up, just meandering it so it shouldn't take long. I will have 2 to bind and then 4 quilts will be ready to leave my house :)

I have a few packages left to wrap....wonder if I can talk my daughter into doing that :) Maybe I'll give her a choice of wrapping those gifts or cleaning house LOL

Well off to clean up the candy mess and start baking. Have a wonderful day!

Grandma Nan
December 22nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone

I have one more gift to buy today (because I forgot about it). So I will be heading out today to get that but its kind of fun to go out during this season if you are not running around crazy. I will just take the time I need and get it done. My house is cleaned, I am not preparing the Christmas dinner, gifts are wrapped so I am in pretty good shape for once.

Dave finally got better (pneumonia) and then I got sick so most of last week I was sick with cold and seasonal blah. I am not complaining but the weather here has been so mild that people are getting sick. Lots of germs, tired people. Large crowds of people. A perfect sick soup.
I am feeling slightly better this week so I am glad that most of my stuff is done.

Wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas hoping that you have a happy, healthy quilty New Year as well.

Cathy F
December 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Morning all,
The big countdown begins! I'm in pretty good shape for Christmas. Grocery shopping done, house cleaned, sewing done.

Have two unexpected guests coming for dinner. My granddaughter asked me if she could invite two that were going to be alone for Christmas said sure but now where to put everyone. Looks like we'll be split up in two rooms, only so much room in the dining room for tables and I'm already at full capacity there.
Off to the quilt store this morning to bring them some cookies, also pick up my pattern for that new folded wreath/centerpiece that I've seen on the internet. I'm thinking that will be the gift I'll be making for next year.

Off for a cup of coffee and get a move on. Hope everyone is almost ready with their preparation.

ceiliam
December 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=RiverMomm;828913]Good morning all. After all the hustle and bustle to get my packages wrapped and mailed, I thought I was finished. THEN I realized that I haven't wrapped DH's presents. Not a big problem except I ran out of paper and tape. I wonder how he would feel about his gifts wrapped in fabric? LOL, just kidding . . . no way am I risking my fabric stash. Guess it's off to the store for me.

The weather here has been amazing. We had a sprinkling of snow the other day but it is all gone. NO snow on the ground?? Last year we had several feet of snow at this time. Heck, last year we already had snow on the ground for a month. Thank you weather for giving us a break (so far) this year from snow and cold. The temperature is predicted to be 60 on Christmas Eve day. What?!? Wow!

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone has a great Christmas sitting here madley sewing on a binding then I am done. I do have to start orange rolls tomorrow for family party Christmas party.

ceiliam
December 22nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=RiverMomm;828913]Good morning all. After all the hustle and bustle to get my packages wrapped and mailed, I thought I was finished. THEN I realized that I haven't wrapped DH's presents. Not a big problem except I ran out of paper and tape. I wonder how he would feel about his gifts wrapped in fabric? LOL, just kidding . . . no way am I risking my fabric stash. Guess it's off to the store for me.

ceiliam
December 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Good morning hope all have a merry Christmas. Sitting here sewing the binding on a quilt, then done with hand made gifts. Tomorrow will start the orange rolls for Christmas Eve family party. My family loves these, I can't have them but they so look forward to them. Cecelia

MayinJerset
December 22nd, 2015, 11:06 AM
Gifts all bought and wrapped except one, a restaurant gift card that we'll pick up on the way home from this morning's doctor appointment. House is pretty much cleaned but need DH's help to get out the Christmas dishes and he's balking a bit. He'll come around after he has some more coffee. The dishes will help make our Christmas dinner a bit more special and I think our 4 guests will feel the same. I hope to have my sisters and some friends over for soup and sandwich lunchs during Christmas week so the dishes get good use this year.

No White Christmas this year and that's OK with me as last year DS#3 and kids couldn't make it here because of the record snow in their area.

Lyndaj
December 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Two cookie batches and one One Block Wonder quilt went to my husband's Christmas Cheer yesterday at work. One Darth Vader quilt top (backing fabric hasn't arrived yet):( and one Christmas/Doctor Who table runner yet to be completed. At least two more cookie batches to be made yet too.

All is good. Merry Christmas everyone.

judimccl
December 22nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Monique and all - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with all good and special things. :icon_wave:

toggpine
December 22nd, 2015, 05:11 PM
Other than having to run out to the store so we don't have blind snowmen, things are going fairly well.
Somehow it will all get done.
Note to self: If I make the quilt blocks more simple, the quilting goes much faster! Nana's Snowmen took three days to quilt, but these pinwheel dealies are going to take a day. Sweet!

Happy prepping for Christmas everyone!