PDA

View Full Version : Look and SEE What CAME To ME.......🙌

SewnByBee
December 21st, 2015, 09:52 PM
Oh, what a sweet surprise I got today.

In the mail was a Sweet Christmas card and inside was the most elegant snowflake, I've ever seen.
Sent and made by .....Bubby .........Barb thank you,
this made my day.
You are a sweetheart.
Look at how beautiful this is
122954 I hope you can see the Crystals, they sparkle in the light. I'm fascinated that you can make these,
it's so PRETTY.

mischiefkat
December 21st, 2015, 10:12 PM
it's beautiful. kathy

Carol336
December 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM
Very beautiful.

bhaggerty
December 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
Beautiful!
Barb, can you please share the name of the embroidery patterns for those adorable snow flakes?
I think Marie Osmond had something similar years ago..

songbird857
December 22nd, 2015, 12:39 AM
Barb has been one very busy elf this year :)

dizzyLiz
December 22nd, 2015, 03:48 AM
Absolutely lovely

ceiliam
December 22nd, 2015, 07:55 AM
Beautiful, Barb that is stunning

Monique
December 22nd, 2015, 07:59 AM
Our very own Mrs. Claus has been busy making beautiful snowflakes.

Bubby
December 22nd, 2015, 08:01 AM
I have been making snowflakes and angels for three years now. They have lovely snowflake designs at Embroidery Library and that's were I got my first designs. There are nice ones at Secrets of Embroidery. These are FSL (free standing lace) and they must be stitched on water soluble stabilizer. I use cotton thread (50 wt) from Connecting Threads on top and pre-wound white bobbins. Also, use a regular needle in your machine, size 70 or 75.

FSL is a labor of love. It takes 4 hours to stitch out the lace for an angel (less for the small ones). The snowflakes take 45-60 minutes or so to stitch out. You can find the angel patterns at Urban Threads.

JCY
December 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
I received one, too. It's hanging on my tree. It reminds me of M* & all the love from Forum friends. It really made my Christmas special! God bless you, Barb.

SewnByBee
December 22nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
I too put my snowflake on my tree, it is BEAUTIFUL.

What a sweet thing to do. To share with us these lovely and beautifully made ornaments.
I agree, one busy elf. Better yet, our very own
Angel ,Barb. Here at M*.
I 've said before, this is a forum full of the kindest people I know and TRULY enjoy spending time with all of you.
Thank you, for all the friendships and know how much you mean to me.
with all my heart, I love M * friends.
Wishing you all, a Very Merry Christmas
and a BLESSED NEW YEAR.......Bee