PDA

View Full Version : Sunday hooting @,@

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Whoa! After midnight already here? I'm making some old jeans into pot holders a la Nancy Zieman and lost track of time...

Denim Pocket Potholders-Video Demos (http://www.nancysnotions.com/category/video+demos/denim+pocket+potholders.do?extid=nzbgp&code=NNOADV-1310)

Hoot out your news!

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Trying to decide what to put on a small tote bag for a one year old boy. Any suggestions?

MayinJerset
December 20th, 2015, 03:49 AM
No Big News tonight, just woke up with a Charlie horse in my leg and now that it's gone I can't fall back to sleep, think I did too much today. I wrapped all the gifts and got that mess cleaned up and began setting the dining room up for Christmas dinner. Still haven't baked a thing and I so wanted to send some biscotti to a friend in upstate New York - if I hurry I can get some to her to enjoy for the New Year. How are the other Night Owls doing with their Holiday plans? All your quilty gifts finished or on hold until next year?

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 04:04 AM
Trying to decide what to put on a small tote bag for a one year old boy. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you mean by putting something "on" it...is it a small diaper bag kind of thing?

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Still working on Christmas presents and getting ready to switch to baby things as soon as Christmas is done. Not mine! New great grandnephew.

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:07 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by putting something "on" it...is it a small diaper bag kind of thing?

it's to carry his toys in. I think I've decided on a fuzzy yellow duck since I have some yellow fleece left over from another project.

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:10 AM
I just did one for my granddaughter to carry her kindle in. Hers has a crocodile because she loooooves crocs. The totes are just the right size for a kindle.

sewlucky
December 20th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I'm working on knitting projects. Tomorrow I hope to make time to do a set of oven mitts for my daughter in law - and maybe a set for me too!

Terri

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:17 AM
What are you knitting tonight? I knit and crochet when I'm not sewing.

sewlucky
December 20th, 2015, 04:18 AM
I can't say what I'm knitting because it is fifty and my mom reads this thread! Lol. I'm trying to keep a surprise, that's hard for me! I'm photographing as I go though, and will share next week :)

Terri

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 04:19 AM
it's to carry his toys in. I think I've decided on a fuzzy yellow duck since I have some yellow fleece left over from another project.

Ah...so it's an applique to be sewn onto the bag...

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:24 AM
gotcha. I banned my kid from this site so she wouldn't always know what I was doing. She has quilted longer than me and makes some beautiful quilts.

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:30 AM
sorry, yes they are appliques. I needed something quick and easy tonight.

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 04:33 AM
When I first read your post about a tote bag for a one year old I thought, "One year old! They can't carry anything! Why make them a tote bag?" :lol:

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:37 AM
don't tell him he can't, he thinks he can do everything. He's walking and talking and generally getting into mischief.

sewlucky
December 20th, 2015, 04:40 AM
I can't ban my ma, she introduced me to the site! Lol

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Ha ha, okay, strap a back pack on him...:icon_happy:

LauraP
December 20th, 2015, 04:42 AM
got ducky cut out so it's off to put it all together and then to bed, again. Hope you all have a good night.

Juliet Taylor
December 20th, 2015, 05:02 AM
I woke up at 6.30 AM and was able to go back to sleep. Now I woke up at 8.30 AM. The only very morning I could sleep up until 10!!! LOL
BUt we're going to a very cool quilting shop where I can find things other shops don't carry so I guess I'm way too excited I'm even making a list of things I need to buy just to be sure I don't forget important things :D

RockinLou
December 20th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Hello! I'm up at an unreasonaby early hour with jet-lagged kiddos , so im not sure if I'm a night owl or an early riser!! The trip distorts a sense of time and place for a few days and then we landed and had no internet for 2 days.

i love the pocket pot holders, so cute!! I have a stack of old denim too.... for the tote bags, I always made them for my nieces and nephews with a big applique of the first letter of the first name.

the 'e" on my keyboard is acting up so typing on this laptop is tedious.... I need to go and dust this house and put away some of our non-christmas decor... have a great day!!

Hulamoon
December 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
It seems all my keys are sticking and I have to type twice.

I just watched the most interesting documentary on PBS. It was called Xmas without China. This young Chinese man (a film maker) distributed flyers asking volunteers to take out everything in their house made in China. Also not to buy anything in the month of Dec. It was a family with two young kids.

Xmas without China (http://www.xmaswithoutchina.com/)

By the end of the month it really took a toll on them. They lived by candle light and he made his own Christmas lights. Makes you really think how hard it would really be.

kimsophia
December 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM
It seems all my keys are sticking and I have to type twice.

I just watched the most interesting documentary on PBS. It was called Xmas without China. This young Chinese man (a film maker) distributed flyers asking volunteers to take out everything in their house made in China. Also not to buy anything in the month of Dec. It was a family with two young kids.

Xmas without China (http://www.xmaswithoutchina.com/)

By the end of the month it really took a toll on them. They lived by candle light and he made his own Christmas lights. Makes you really think how hard it would really be.

It's true, but poverty in China was reduced from 85% to 7% (by some measures) by converting to a manufacturing economy from 1981 to 2012, so it would be hard for them, too.