PDA

View Full Version : i am ashamed!

inspired
December 19th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Christmas the last few years have not held much joy for me. I have always felt that my life does not measure up to the expected " Brady Bunch..Its a wonderful life" ideal. I go through the motions but am always glad when it is over. But today I felt a little something different...I had my granddaughter over to bake and decorate cookies and her sweet enthusiasm has somehow changed my thinking. I am actually looking forward to it. It will be our first christmas with the twins and I feel some excitement again. We will be able to celebrate with all our grandkids together on Christmas Day. I almost feel like a kid again... Merry Christmas to everyone...Val

kensington
December 19th, 2015, 09:15 PM
This made me cry. I have not been nearly as into Christmas this year as years before. Just hubs and I here, and it's the first Christmas without my sister. I did not put all of my Christmas stuff out... I put out plenty.. but stuck to the easy to achieve stuff.

My grandkids stayed last night and we did cookies... strictly for them. I usually do them because I love doing them.

I know I will LOVE LOVE Christmas Day when all the kids and all the grandkids are here. But, my first year without my sis.... And her name was "Val"... Valerie... So I cried when I saw this.

inspired
December 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Oh Crap... I did not want to make you cry....I know how hard it must be missing your sister but I have learned that you carry on knowing they are there in spirit ...We are missing 3 very special people but we will reminisce and this will make us smile and laugh too! I wish you warm comforting memories Kensington...Val

kensington
December 19th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I will be fine. My lil sis and I have been passing the tears back and forth all week missing our big sis.

Today it is me, tomorrow it will be her again. It happens... it was seeing your name... same as hers that did me in. And I was listening to "Silver Bells". We love Christmas carols.

SallyO'Sews
December 20th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Oh, my dears, special Christmas quilty hugs to both Val and Gloria/Kensington, with prayers and wishes that you both have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.

And Val, please don't feel ashamed; I'm so glad your granddaughter has brought you so much joy.

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Monique
December 20th, 2015, 07:50 AM
That is what grandchildren do, bring you joy.

RockinLou
December 20th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Im glad you are finding joy in the season again. Having kids around at Christmas brings such joy.

Besides, I always found the Brady Bunch a little creepy :0

Patsquilting
December 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Good Morning: Val, don't feel ashamed. You are not alone when it comes to feeling "not holiday worthy". For one reason or another, people become very depressed at this time of year -- YES, if it wasn't for our beloved grandchildren (or another child with the great enthusiasm), I believe GOD sent them to bring us out. Yes, I too, don't look forward to the holidays as I used to. BUT, you are in good hands - embrace each day of joy - and know the holidays truly are magical. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas

Sewflower
December 20th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Blessed are the children. Grandchildren make life worth while.

inspired
December 20th, 2015, 08:29 PM
There is a little more to this story so here goes. First my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago. She underwent treatment and all is good now with her. Last August my little sister was diagnosed with lung cancer and has been having radiation and chemo. She" Tells us all" that all is good now but they are treating her brain "Just a precaution" she says. Mom tells me today that she is having problems with flashing lights in her head???? She is not one to share with us but I am wondering what the he** is happening! I just have this bad feeling inside me and am waiting for the other shoe to drop! I guess I am maybe a little anxious

dwil23
December 20th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Nothing to feel ashamed of. I think we all have high expectations that don't always come to pass. As I get older, I realize that those "someday" dreams will never happen and that makes me feel down, especially at this time of year. This year, you have the added stress of not knowing what is happening with your sister. That "waiting for the next shoe to drop" anxiety is the worst. (((HUGS))) and prayers for you all.

katier825
December 20th, 2015, 11:33 PM
No need to feel ashamed! I often feel the same way at the holidays. I've lost many family members this time of year, and the holidays can be quite painful for me. This year, we lost one just before Thanksgiving. If it weren't for my grandkids, I wouldn't have even put up the tree. I was watching the girls for my kids while they took care of funeral arrangements. I'm usually ok while the kids are here, but I have been in a funky mood when they aren't. I will be glad when the holidays are over.

RockinLou
December 21st, 2015, 01:37 AM
There is a little more to this story so here goes. First my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago. She underwent treatment and all is good now with her. Last August my little sister was diagnosed with lung cancer and has been having radiation and chemo. She" Tells us all" that all is good now but they are treating her brain "Just a precaution" she says. Mom tells me today that she is having problems with flashing lights in her head???? She is not one to share with us but I am wondering what the he** is happening! I just have this bad feeling inside me and am waiting for the other shoe to drop! I guess I am maybe a little anxious

HUGS ... It is stressful when you love the patient and they keep things from you. My MIL has stomach cancer, her odds are not good, but she refuses to share any information with anyone, it is so hard on my husband right now.