• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

GOOD MORNING, M*QC FORUM LADIES!!

It is a bright, beautiful day today, Sunday in double-time. Today is my oldest granddaughter's 20th birthday. We celebrated yesterday so she can spend most of the day with her 'sweetie'.

Today I have plans to load the quilting frame and play. I have two wall hangings I must finish before the 21st so I had better get on with it. Luckily they both are preprinted panels (one goes to my SIL who claims to be the panel queen of quilting . . . is there such a title?). I have all these wonderful ideas of things to make and do but seem to let time pass by and don't do what my mind tells me is correct. I have a package to prepare for someone who is very dear to my heart and woke this morning going over things that must go in the package . . . and I'll probably run out of time on that one, too. Some days I seem to be stuck in the swamp just spinning my wheels.

I have everyone here in my heart today - sending prayers where needed, peace and happiness, warm wishes and lots of love. Take care and have a wonderful day! And I'll try my best to be good.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."
  • LynneLeavell
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2009

Re: GOOD MORNING, M*QC FORUM LADIES!!

Good luck Sandy on your projects. I took my final quilt that I had to have done to have it quilted in time to the qulters yesterday. It felt good last night to set and play with the grandboys and not feel guilty. I can now finish some that I have in the works but not in a great need for.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2011

Hi all,

My big news of the day is that I bought my first Daily Deal! I love watching for the mail.

My DS David seems to have a possible broken foot from playing ultimate frisbee, which he plays three times a week. Jonas and I are taking him to the emergency room this morning. Pray that it isn't broken!

Good day to you all!

Cyndi
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• bakermom
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2010

Waiting to leave for mass then a brunch afterward. Later we will swing by to see DS and family. roast is already in the crockpot for supper so I will be free to do whatever when we get home. Enjoy your day friends!
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• Loonwatcher
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2011

Good Morning!

Sandy I hope you can get all those projects done.

Cyndi, here's hoping David's foot is not broken. Didn't know frisbee was such a dangerous sport.

Lynne and bakermom, enjoy your families!

Everyone else have a great day. I'm dispatching for our local ambulance right now so I'm just being lazy and playing on my laptop. Did get 3 months of bank statements balanced and found some money which is great because things are getting really tight around here. Maybe if my checkbook balance had been right I wouldn't have been fretting so much about money! Ha! Later I hope to get some sewing done...maybe even start on my iron quilter project. My DH came in from hunting for a few hours (then back out) and he's on a cleaning spree - I won't interrupt him. Sometimes it's nice to be married to a hyperactive person.

Have a great day.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• BellasQuilts
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Good Morning everybody. Had a stupendous cleaning day yesterday. It felt so good to get some of those extra cleaning things done. DH was so sweet and got the steam vac out and did the rugs for me too! Had a bit of time last night to put the binding on one baby quilt and today I get to FINISH THE TESSELATING FISH QUILT! WHOO HOO! I took this quilt apart so many times I'm surprised there was still material left! I think it came out great for a first one. Also hooked up my BSR and tried my hand at FMQ on both. I need work there for sure but it was fun to finally dive in. Happy quilting today, Sandy. Lynne, enjoy your day with the kids; Cyndi, saying prayers for your DS, Bakermom enjoy your free time, and loonwatcher, nice on the money find! Can you balance my checkbook? LOL. Happy Sunday all!
            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

• Divine Daisy
              Missouri Star
              • May 2011

Today on Wuthering Heights where i live (which is the proper name for Daisy World) the cloud is low to the ground. It is soooo beautiful, real Bronte weather. She must have been out in low cloud like this when she wrote her discription of the moor. I have just been out for a walk to clear the cobwebs and it was magical and ethreal the way the cloud parted as I walked through it. It is days like today that I remember why I love this place. This afternoon Mr Daisy and I are cosy beside a fire in the hearth, safe and together with our lovely big cats. Tears have been shed sinse our news but the shock is passing. Hopefully times like this together will give us strength for what lies ahead.
              Blog
              http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• toggpine
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2009

Sewing! I get to do some sewing today!

I gotta get outta here first though!

Hugs, Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

It has been a busy weekend. Yesterday, I took my MIL for an eye test in the city. I watched movies most of the weekend on my laptop and quilted.

Today I have finished the 3 dudes blocks for the swap. Will be getting that ready to go for next week.

Just tidying up in preparation for tomorrow's surgery. I don't thinkI shall be up to much of anything next week after the surgery. We will see.

I will try and pop in when I can.

Love you all and have a wonderful week.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm having a wonderfully quiet and enjoyable day alone with my darling Molly (K9). Earlier I layed out some quilt blocks for a quilt for my DD. They are Layer Cake/Jellyroll blocks from the Prayer Flag collection. The colors are gorgeous! DD kept picking them up and flipping through the stack of blocks when she was here a couple weeks ago. This will be a surprise for her, but not for Christmas. I have the sweetest daughter...every year for her birthday she sends me a gift thanking me for giving her the gift of life. She is truly sweet to the bone and I'm so blessed by her.

I'm making a pot of Beef Barley soup for dinner and the house smells wonderful. It's hard for me to cook just for me, but I did bake some blueberry scones this morning as a treat.

I need to get back to my sewing. I hope everyone is having a beautiful day. My prayers are still going out to Martha and family and Daisy and Mr Daisy. Hugs all around....Barb
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• sewmuchjan
                      Missouri Star
                      • Nov 2010

Good afternoon all my Quilty Friends!!!! Sandy I know how you feel all this and that to do and throw in laundry and what am I doing!!!! Now I am sitting here checking things out here on my cyberhome!!! Oh well what's a girl to do?? Things are backing up as I sit!!!! Why try to be good we love you just the way you are!!!!

Dear Daisy you wright so elegant about your neck of the woods, I would love to be there right now!! I Love the Bronte Sister's I am so Victorian in my reading that may sound strange or even be the wrong era for some but I love Shakespeare and Poe and gads I am really rambling now!!! sorry!!!

Jan L my dear I hope you have has some good sleep and are feeling better love you my dear

Brain is not running on all 8 cylinders today!! Maybe on running on 2!!!! I think I should just go veg someplace and not try to talk or type the rest of the day!!!!

Well anywhooo hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am thankful to have all of you out their!!!

God Bless all of you and keep you,
                      Love and Hugs (((((HUG)))))
                      Jan G
                      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                      :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X