PDA

View Full Version : Friday it is

Blondie
December 18th, 2015, 07:48 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

It's officially a week until all the hopes of children everywhere come to life. All of the mom's and dad's, grand parents of the young ones will be needing toothpicks to keep their eyes open after pulling all nighters. This also applies to all the quilters and crafters of Christmas week. All of us will be like the children on Christmas morning, hoping that each recipient will be as giddy as a child when they open their sweat, sleep deprived, sore fingers, back and brain inspired gift.

Sew on, sisters, sew on! And smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol336
December 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Good morning Blondie and all who follow.

I've got 6 pillow cases, 1 tote bag and maybe one more table runner to finish up....piece of cake!!!! Of course that doesn't count the food shopping and preparing, gift wrapping and hopefully a little house tidying up before the jolly fat man makes his appearance. Heck fire shoot - I can do it...right????? Oh yeah and I forgot - 3 more parties.....oh my

Patsquilting
December 18th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Good Morning, Blondie: you always find the cutest pics w/sayings that are meaningful. Thank you! Yes, it is Friday TGIF. And yes, there will be many with long nights coming up. While I didn't do any gift sewing this year - there is still so much to be done. My tree is still not up, have lots of holiday baking to start.

Here's to a wonderful Friday to all -- blessings also.

Carlie Wolf
December 18th, 2015, 08:12 AM
I love the pic!!

I'm in pretty good shape. I'm bound and determined to finish putting up the tree today. I got a large one this year and cut off the bottom quarter. It's still around 6 foot. I made three large wreaths with the trimmings. I panicked yesterday when I couldn't find my ornaments and thought maybe I tossed them out by mistake when I had a kid take some things from the storage area this summer to the dump!! Oh NO! Fortunately I did find them hiding in a corner under some other boxes.
I have the duck for Christmas dinner and only have vegetables to get next week. All gifts are sent out.

I found an embroidery design that is an angel tree top so that's on my list to do this week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out nicely since I'm minus a tree top for my tree. While I was at it I also purchased a few embroidery angels and snowflakes to try out this year :-)

songbird857
December 18th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good Morning!
Made an adult self binding fleece blanket yesterday for my daughter. Cut another one to sew today for older DD. Need to finish a table runner for a friend's order (top is done), the I'm hoping to put a bag together for older DD. We'll do a bit of shopping today, get a tree tomorrow, and we'll see what else!
Have a fun day all :)

Carlie Wolf
December 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Oh my goodness Songbird! What a busy day you have ahead of you. I cringe at the thought LOL

ceiliam
December 18th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Morning all. Love the pix Blondie, your positive outlook on life is so refreshing.
Hoping to get BlL s quilt done just binding done and label on. Then I will finish my table runner done. Planned on doing this yesterday done yesterday but instead my sister did embroidery done on label however I spent time with my niece and my darling 2 year old great nephew I think important to spend time with family. My nephew calls me yamma Ceil,can anything be better. Hope all have a great day. Prayers and hugs to all those who need them. Cecelia

Monique
December 18th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Good morning dear friends. ALL DONE!! Christmas shopping that is. I bought the last of the gifts yesterday. Last night I finished another table runner and started place mats for my sister-in-law. It is all coming together nicely. Procrastinate, of course.

It is still dark thirty here but I see a little dusting of white stuff. It won't stay, temperatures are just too warm for it stay. AND that's okay, I don't mind a green Christmas. Good thing I didn't buy the girls toboggans for Christmas.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend. To say we are all busy is an understatement, I know.

dwil23
December 18th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Good Morning all.

Up and dressed early for a medical appt this morning. I am just having an abdominal sonogram (no - not pregnant!) but I had to go NPO after midnight. I can do without the food for a while, but nothing to drink is hard. I still have much left to do, as always. And working straight through til New Year's is not helping. Even though I know every year that this week is coming, I always manage to leave so many loose ends to tie up. And of course, last night as I was trying to finish up a project I should have done months ago, I realized I was 4 5" squares short of enough of the striped constant fabric. UGH. Ordered it so now have to wait. The saving grace is that we are not celebrating with DS, DIL and DGSs until New Years, so I have some wiggle room on that project. After I get home today, I plan to do all the cutting I need for remaining projects and some of the new Alletaire MQ step. I am using them as my leaders and enders.

Well, time to hit I-4 and head into the crazy rush hour traffic.

Hugs to all!

Bubby
December 18th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Morning Everyone,

My, we're up early this morning. It must be Christmas Rush season.

Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Janice and we exchanged gifts. I gave her a stocking, Dove chocolates and a snowflake ornament. Later in the afternoon I visited Reggie and we exchanged gifts. I came home with some of the most delicious fudge ever. Our beautiful tea room and antique mall will be closing their doors today....so sad. I have spent many happy hours there with friends.

Jeff is home again today. He is starting to feel better but didn't see any point in going in for just one day this week. I think he's still too sick to do his kind of work (high voltage electricity). He and the Girls are still asleep. I've been up an hour cleaning the sewing room.

Wishing everyone endurance and nimble fingers as we finish up our Christmas gifts and baking. Today I will make peanut clusters and cookies. (((HUGS)))

MayinJerset
December 18th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Trying to get an early start with laundry on top of today's list of things that need to be done. Think I'll do some gift wrapping while the washer and dryer do their stuff. Put our little tree up yesterday, it fits perfectly on one of our living room end tables that we set up in a corner, string of led lights we picked up are just the right size and length for the tree. Next are some ornaments with a beautiful snowflake from Bubby taking center stage and our tree it done. Already have a few gifts under the tree, a big box of Godiva hot chocolate packets and cookies from our friend Ellen and 2 big mugs from DGD in CA with photos of her 1 1/2 yr old son on them. Those two gifts will go together perfectly.

Wishing everyone lots of energy as they finish up their quilt gifts and maybe a few minutes to relax every once in awhile so they don't wear themselves out. Good Advice that I should listen to myself.

Cathy F
December 18th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning all,
Blondie your post was right on target!
My sister, nephew and niece are on their way down from upstate to spend the day with us. My nephew and niece are military and were up visiting her from Georgia. I'm so excited I'll get to see them this Christmas season!

Going to get my coffee going and finish a few chores then start preparing lunch, making quiche, yum!

Wishing everyone a productive day at their machines!

susie i
December 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning all!I woke up before five so got a nice early start to my day!My Christmas shopping and mailing of packages is done so I will be spending the weekend making a rag quilt for my sons girlfriend and a couple of zipper pouches for a good friend of mine.Today I'll be mailing out a birthday box to my granddaughter,setting up my Christmas village,a bit of cleaning and at some point I will probably crash for a short power nap.For now ,Bring on the coffee!

KPH
December 18th, 2015, 10:17 AM
The baking bug is starting to hit. I think sugar cookies are on the agenda, if not today definitely tomorrow.
One of my author friends sent me a book to read. I should start there since she's about ready to send to be published.

If you've never been to Biltmore Estates, in Asheville, NC. Christmas is the time to go. DH and I went for a couple of days this week for our Christmas present to each other. To say it is breath taking, is an understatement. Candlelight Christmas Evenings | Biltmore (http://www.biltmore.com/visit/plan-your-visit/buy-tickets/candlelight-evenings) (there's a picture of the outside of the house at night on that page) .

Ginny B
December 18th, 2015, 10:33 AM
It's Friday. :icon_woohoo: This elf is going to be very busy the next few days. Shopping, wrapping, sewing, wrapping, sewing, baking, maybe a few meals, a few hours of a craft fair, can I fit in some sleep? Maybe not. Did I mention sewing and wrapping?

Have a fun and productive Friday everyone.

SewnByBee
December 18th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I too have laundry and cloths to prepare.Tonight is the Christmas party at my hubs work, it's always very nice. His boss is the best boss we've ever known , a real good man. They treat us like family. I don't see him but once a year but he will call me by name every time. I wish I was that good at names. I know their names but others, I have to ask Hubs, who is this ? I've always been a face person, and now my vision isn't so good that doesnt help. I can pick up on their voices, If I can here them over the music and noise.

Hubs just got back off a trip, he's not feeling so hot. We'll make a decision about going after I see how he feels latter today.
Have a blessed day all,

Happy Birthday Blonde , hugs friend.

Over40momma
December 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
:icon_wave: Happy Friday everyone! Blondie, I luvs that little doggie.

Hope to spend a good portion of the day at my sewing machine to start finishing up the many projects on the go (if I can keep my concentration there). We are celebrating at home for a very different reason.... after 7 years, 5 months and 2 weeks.....the brain and spinal tumors (15 of the little blighters) are all dead and gone. :icon_woohoo: My husband is a bit more sedate in his joy (simply because this has been my third battle with different cancers), I am dancing on air and have no immediate plans to come down. And both my daughters are walking around with smiles that could light up a whole city!!! :lol: Each day has always been a gift to me but knowing that dark cloud has passed on, well, everything is just a bit sweeter.
Have a great day everyone, and be safe during your travels.

MayinJerset
December 18th, 2015, 02:47 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS, SO HAPPY THAT YOU'RE CANCER FREE SO DANCE THE DAY AWAY IN HAPPINESS.

toggpine
December 18th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Well Sandy, that is a reason to dance if I ever heard of one!

For some reason, it thought I had one more week. Ack! Not quite. Pedal to the metal time. I have two more pair of flannel PJ pants to cut and then I have to get all 6 sewn. There are 4 batches of cookie dough chilling in the fridge too. Two quilts to finish quilting, thankfully those are lap size and shouldn't take forever. Riiiight.

Better make another pot of coffee!
See you in the Night Owl tree!

SewnByBee
December 18th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Grate News Sandy B. Yes , stay up there dancing on air.
Doing the happy dance with ya.
Have a Very Merry Christmas.