PDA

View Full Version : Hoo's a Night Owl?

kimsophia
December 15th, 2015, 01:32 AM
Hoot hoot to you! How are things in your neck of the woods?

Had my buddy over to do his laundry here and watch the Bulls game, which we won. Yay! Tony Snell really played hard in the second half and made all kinds of shots, so that was fun. My buddy also applied online for a job at Costco, as a meat cutter. I hope he at least gets a call back.

I got the last pillowcase to match my orange quilt done this afternoon. I didn't have to rip out any embroidery stitches so it went pretty fast. I just had to piece the cuff. The bed looks a lot better with those matching pillowcases! That makes me happy. Next up, the brown batik pillowcases that match the other quilt's backing.

May, are you posting now? lol

sewlucky
December 15th, 2015, 01:52 AM
I'm here! I've been puttering in my room, unloading some containers, moving furniture. Tomorrow I will do some more. I'm SO HAPPY to be finished my first semester of school!!

I also managed to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done today, just have to make a set of pot holders for my daughter in law to be to go with the cake decorating class we got for her...I even found wonderful cow fabric (Moda Milk Cow Kitchen fabric) for them...she's a cow fan!

Tomorrow I am also taking a fun knitting workshop with a friend of mine. I can't say more, because I know sewluvit (my momma!) will probably read this and I intend to give her the results of the class ;) (But I promise to share photos after Christmas!)

Hoooo else is awake!?

Terri

Kat Smith
December 15th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Kinda lonely here tonight, hubby is out and I just can't seem to find anything to hold my attention.

Kimsophia you orange pillowcases made me smile, my youngest's favorite color has always been orange. She is now 27 and I hesitate before buying her anything orange cause she has sooooo much, but it makes her happy.

Terri, I was just knitting with the said daughter the other night. It felt great, hadn't picked up needles in months, started a baby sweater last spring but for some reason just couldn't get into it, even with 2 babies on the way.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a binding on burlap? I saw a quick and easy burlap table runner, just burlap with HO HO HO or some other saying stenciled on the ends. Was wondering what it would look like with a binding on it. Any thought out there tonight?

I think I hear my tub and a good book calling me, have a good night.

Kathy

sewlucky
December 15th, 2015, 02:12 AM
Kinda lonely here tonight, hubby is out and I just can't seem to find anything to hold my attention.

Kimsophia you orange pillowcases made me smile, my youngest's favorite color has always been orange. She is now 27 and I hesitate before buying her anything orange cause she has sooooo much, but it makes her happy.

Terri, I was just knitting with the said daughter the other night. It felt great, hadn't picked up needles in months, started a baby sweater last spring but for some reason just couldn't get into it, even with 2 babies on the way.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a binding on burlap? I saw a quick and easy burlap table runner, just burlap with HO HO HO or some other saying stenciled on the ends. Was wondering what it would look like with a binding on it. Any thought out there tonight?

I think I hear my tub and a good book calling me, have a good night.

Kathy

Kathy - I love knitting! But I know what you mean about sometimes not being able to get into the project even when you really want to! My daughter will be 27 in the spring - she's living way out east right now, missing her so much!

I think a burlap table runner would look really great with binding! I have never worked with the new burlap.

Terri

kimsophia
December 15th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Sewlucky, congratulations on getting done with finals! I remember my first finals week! I was petrified that the tests would be insanely hard, and cover the entire semester's teaching and not just the last half. Today's college newspaper had a list of finals week offerings on the front page in a colored graph. I hope this link works right.

The Daily Iowan - 12/14/15 by The Daily Iowan (http://issuu.com/thedailyiowan/docs/121415/1?e=0)

I do not remember therapy dogs or free massages being offered back in my day...lol Terror was my motivator, relief at the test being over was my stress reliever. :lol: Ah, kids today! I walked uphill both ways in knee deep snow to my finals...

toggpine
December 15th, 2015, 03:58 AM
I won't be night owling as late as I did last night! I got lost in a book and surfaced about 2 AM! I'll need to catch up on some sleep tonight. I'm ok if I go until midnight or so, but that is about it anymore.

I have been catching up on some house cleaning chores. Ick, but it has to get done some time. If I'm going to be making cookies, etc as gifts, then I want the kitchen squeaky clean before I start.

I think I'll got cut out an apron or something simple and then head for the nest.
Happy hooting!

MayinJerset
December 15th, 2015, 10:09 AM
kimsophia - I've been a Night Owl a few times recently. Yesterday was a loooong day so when I fell asleep I stayed asleep and woke up with the sun beginning to peek in the window. Got an early morning doc appointment today so I stayed up.