PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning

Sandy Navas
November 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'll try to be a poor substitute for our beloved Blondie this morning. She did say she'd probably be off line more than on line over the weekend . . .

Yesterday was a day of Remembrance, a day Al and I spent just lazing around. We took advantage of the Texas Roadhouse's free lunch for Veterans and came home with our tummies full and happy. That, of course, called for an afternoon nap . . . Last night we decided to take dinner out at the restaurant where our DGD#1 works. Wound up sitting with friends of our DD & DSIL from their church. Also met up with my sister-in-law's baby brother . . . the one who is wild and wooly and full of fleas . . . All in all it was a quiet, reflective day.

The sneezes have been hitting me hard this morning, so I think that's my body's way of telling me it is throwing away all those cantankerous bugs that have been pestering me for neigh on 10 days now. Talked to my BFF the other day (and now thinking about it that's where I picked up the first bug . . . ) and she told me not to think I'd be free of it anytime soon!!

Going to be sewing eyeballs (buttons) on the cat blocks for DGD#3's quilt today. Then I'm going to do a quick lay-out and decided how to put my random blocks together. Thank you Cyndi for your 'gift' of fabric for my borders and sashing!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, sending prayers to everyone in need, and hugs to all my friends here. And, in case no one else knows:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRISH!

quilter.martha
November 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Morning all--
It's nice to have a minute to get on the forum. Happy birthday Trish! I'm not caught up on all the happenings, but I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support concerning my mom. I'm still here in San Diego with the family. I've posted an update on my prayers needed post if you want to know what's going on.

Hope everyone out there has a great day.

Martha

MRoy
November 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Good Morning! Happy Birthday to Trish! Martha, your family continues to be in my thoughts. It's a chilly morning here in southern KY. I need to chop up fallen leaves if it warms up later on. I like the pretty fall leaves on the trees....not so much when they're covering the lawn. LOL!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Good morning!
I miss Blondie too but I'm glad you started this Sandy. I really like hearing everything about everyone's day! I made a candle mat yesterday. Other than that I just watched T.V. Hubby is at work and my son had school.
Martha, I'm glad you had a chance to post an update I will go read in a few! Still be praying for you and your family.

Well I'm off have to make mug rugs today! Have fun everyone!
:icon_wave:

mianmom
November 12th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Full day planned for me and DD (l'm a hunting widow until just befor Christmas) we have a craft show at our high school today and then a few towns over there is a bazzar/quilt show that I really want to go to and then other craft shows south of us. Just a full day of crafts and quilts!

I hope every one has a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
November 12th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone!

Sandy, you're more than welcome for the fabric! I did have to pack the thing in something, you know.

Martha, prayers are still being lifted up for your family.

Trish, Happy Birthday!

My DH and I are taking Bethany's little foster baby with us as we babysit up to Keepsake Quilting for a little road trip. Can't start them too early to enjoy fabric, right? I don't suppose they'd mind a little drool on their batiks, do you? Even the baby might slobber on them a little bit when he sees them.

Cyndi

stitching woman
November 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Sandy thanks for starting the day. Hope Blondie is enjoying time with her family this weekend. Martha prayers still coming your way. Happy Birthday Trish! Myrna good luck with all the leaves hope we are close to seeing the last of them. Michelle get to those mug rugs they would make lovely gifts. Mianmom and Cyndi have fun on your trips out and about today.

I am off to work on the horrid quilt again, down to one block to finish then make the setting triangles. I hope when I start setting it together it goes better than the blocks.

Have a great day everyone and prayers to those who need them.

BellasQuilts
November 12th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! Yes, we will miss Blondie but happy she is getting some down time! Sandy, hope you get rid of the "crud" soon. It's so annoying when it just hangs on. Happy Birthday Trish! Hope you enjoy your day. Sounds like everyone else has a great day planned.
Me, hair appt. at 9, then it's housecleaning all day. Hopefully I will have time to finish two baby quilts by putting on the binding. Then if time left over finish more 3 Dude blocks for the swap. Have a super stellar day my quilty friends!

toggpine
November 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Who doesn't slobber or drool a little bit over good fabric?

The first round of pumpkin bread is made. I have a batch of gingersnap dough chilling in the fridge. I am now completely out of ground cloves and only have 1/2 cup of veggie oil left. I do believe hubby will have a short shopping list to take with him when he goes into town today. I can't be out of those things and still be able to bake. I am trying to get ahead of the holiday baking. (Good Luck, I know.)

Mom is supposed to be coming out to visit today. We didn't make it into town yesterday and she's needing her granddaughter fix. She doesn't know, but she'll get a dose of the great-grandson too.

Since I was helped awake about 2 hours earlier than I wanted. I suppose I should get something accomplished. I may see what time the quilting shows come on PBS and enjoy a cup of tea with them. If they are on too late, I'll get to sewing something, and hope my hand-eye coordination is sufficient to keep me from needing Band-aids.

You all have a good day!
Hugs, Cathy

Laura F
November 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Good morning to all. Sandy I hope you feel better. Trish have a happy birthday and Martha you are in my prayers. Yesterday my DH and I took his niece on her first shop hop. We are warping her into a quilter and she is loving it. While at one of the shops I was given a wooden quilting frame and now I need to learn to hand quilt (which I've been thinking of learning). Today we are going to a train show (my DH is turning his garage into a train yard) and stopping at quilt stores on the way home. We will be on the hunt for fabric to fill the center circle of my 10 degree round quilt top that is just about finished.
Remember today is the day our Lord has made for you. Rejoice and be glad in it.

Loonwatcher
November 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Happy Saturday All!

Sandy I think you've sent your crud to me. Went to aquar aerobics for the first time since spring and almost didn't go in because the pool heater wasn't working and I wasn't feeling great. But did it anyway (I so need to get back in shape!) and am none the worse.

Happy Birthday Trish!
Hope Blondie has fun with her mom.
Cyndi, enjoy Keepsake Quilting. Don't spend too much.
Barb (if you come in) I hope you DD is continuing to do better.
Martha, prayers for you and your mom.

Now that i've mastered the little wallet for women, today I'm going to try a man's wallet and perhaps do a little more on my Serendipity quilt. It's hard because I've run out of the fabric I need and the LQS doesn't have any more.

Have a great day!

sewmuchjan
November 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Good morning to all my Quilty Friends!!!
Hope Sandy's Bugs git blown out and go away soon, Blondie enjoy time with your Mom, when you come back we will have a cuppa waiting for ya, Martha you are still in my prayers, glad you could peek in dear, Cyndi have fun drooling, Barb prayers your way for your DD and Uncle, Hi Jan L my dear friend. Then there is Trish "HAPPY B-DAY" hope it is a fun day for you and all the gifts you get are "FAB-ric"!!!

Today I am trying to start a Craft and Quilting Day at the Moose Lodge, this is the 1st one and I hope it will take off so wish me luck!!! I will let you all know how it goes!!! Going to try a jean rag quilt using the tons of old jeans I have and old flannel shirts I figure that would be the easy way to get folks interested in quilting!! No 1/4 seams!!!!

Well got to get all my stuff together and stuff in into my car, yes I mean stuff it in!!! :) :)

Prayers to all who need them and bigs hugs tooo, (((((HUG))))))
Love
Jan G

Bubby
November 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Good Afternoon....I'm having a good day. DH is gone hunting for a few days...what little hhousework I needed to do is done, so it's time to sew!!!!

Martha, you and your family are still in my prayers. Remember that when we are weak He is strong. Trish, have a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day!!!!

Sandy...you need to start feeling better......thanks for starting the day for Blondie!

I'm now going to make myself scarce and spend the rest of the day at my sewing machine....wishing you all a wonderful weekend.....HUGS, Barb

janluna
November 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sandy, I hope you feel better soon, I'm praying for the creeping crud to leave you. I hope it does soon. Thanks for starting the day off. You did a great job! As always! Blessings.
Trish, have a fantastic birthday! God Bless you!
Jan, have a great class. I bet you get several takers on your class! God bless you, Sweetie.
Gina, have a great day at work.
Prayers are going up for everyone that is sick or injured. Martha and Barb, and Daisy you and yours are being lifted in prayer for healing and patience.
I have missed everyone so much. Just getting back on my feet also. I'm so sleepy today but I am trying hard to stay awake so I can sleep tonight. I only slept from 6 A.M. to 7:30 this morning. I just couldn't get to sleep last night. I gave up trying and read a book. I'm reading Condoleezza Rice's book " No Higher Honor, my years in Washington." It's pretty interesting to learn how everything went down on 9/11. Also about being the head of the NSC and then Secretary of State. She has had quite a life. I love to read and I read anything I can get my hands on. Even cereal boxes! LOL
Well, have a great rest of the day everyone. I'm hoping to work on my tumbler quilt sometime today. I'm so tired I'm afraid I'll sew my fingers to the quilt! LOL I'll be careful.
Love, Hugs, and prayers for all of you. Jan L.

bakermom
November 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I've had a busy morning. have a couple pies in the oven and some soup in the crockpot. I really planned on sewing this afternoon, however that's on hold for a bit while I finish up some chores I've been ignoring. Sunday will be busy with a brunch at church then a quick stop to see DS and family. i did spend some time at joanns yesterday while DH was hunting. really didn't buy much, got some flannel for quilts(to go with some I have) for the charity auction in Feb. Took advantage of the 50% notion saale to pick up a few things, too. found out later I just missed DIL and GD shopping there.

cyndiofthevortex
November 12th, 2011, 06:10 PM
H all,

Just a short update - Keepsake was having a sale on fat quarters and I got 20 batik fqs for $25! It was lots of fun picking them out and the sale was a nice surprise. The baby was perfect and he LOVED the fabric, kept reaching out from his stroller to grab at it. He charmed everyone.

Jan, Condi's other book, "Extraordinary Ordinary People" is also a great read. She is a remarkable woman. I'm a big fan of biographies and memoirs and enjoyed hers very much.

Cyndi

mianmom
November 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
What a great day!! Went to the craft show at our high school and met a local quilt store owner. I had with me one of my scrap bags that I make and she wanted to know if I would be interested in doing a class on it!! I was shocked to say least. So I took her card and plan on getting together with her either this week or next week.

Then we went to the other crafts show and quilts show, what beautiful quilts! They had one there that was from the 1800's! Just amazed.

Just had to let everyone know!

janluna
November 13th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Good for you Mia. I hope you do the classes. Teaching is such a great experience. I taught First Responders and EMT's for a lot of years. It was a very fulfilling thing to do. And, the side effect is the more you teach the more you retain yourself. Win win all around! Hugs, Jan L.