PDA

View Full Version : no night owls?

Andrea F
December 10th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Good morning!

Are all night owls asleep? I'm off to work in a few minutes. Did you know that Christmas is only two weeks away? How did this happen? It comes earlier each year... I still have to find some gifts for the kids in our family and also haven't baked any cookies yet. My Christmas quilt (from last year) isn't finished but I'm getting there.

I hope you're all doing well and have a nice advent time. :)

bubba
December 10th, 2015, 05:51 AM
MM's waterboy is now done!!!! Last thing I had to sew! Clothes are washed and ready to throw in the dryer, I think. Sounds like it might still be running. I have to get up by 0900, toss them in the dryer, bathe, shave my legs, go make a delivery, get a pedicure and come home and pack!!!!!

Plane leaves at nine something Friday morning! Did I mention MM has been packed since last Saturday????????

Hulamoon
December 10th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I'm here, just finished watching a movie. I was so bad at Christmas this year. Today I bought a personalized 1st baby ornament on Etsy for my grandson. Then two selfie sticks for my two dd's. I don't know if they have them so they get what they get. lol I'm going to bring this as a hostess gift to my stepdd's because we don't exchange anymore.

Candy Bowl You Can Eat - Love Simple Cooking (http://www.lovesimplecooking.com/candy-bowl-you-can-eat/)

Looks fun doesn't it. I'm sure the kids will think it's cool. I might make it bigger though.

Pat don't forget your sunscreen!

Carol336
December 10th, 2015, 07:47 AM
I was up fro 2-3:30, but I stayed in bed and read my kindle....and Praise the Lord, I fell back to sleep util 5:30.

Have a great trip Pat....can't wait to see the pics.

Having lunch today with a group of high school pals, dinner tonight with dear niece visiting from Colorado, and breakfast tomorrow morning with dear sis and her husband. Phew - good think that scale showed a loss yesterday morning because I doubt if it will next week.

Have a great day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 10th, 2015, 08:28 AM
I was awake all night but sewing, not looking at the computer. Got 14 embroidered blocks done for a friend, and have 29/30 blocks cut for a t shirt quilt, my first time doing on of these! This friend has been in the entertainment business her whole adult life, and it has been fun seeing how many plays she has been in and directed! I hope to get this put together and finished over the weekend.

Hi Andrea! Hope you are doing OK!

sewlucky
December 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM
This night owl has been missing her sewing machine again. I'm writing my second final exam for the semester today. Hopefully it goes as well as Tuesday's did. I'm not worried, just anxious for it to be done! Then my last final is on Monday. I think this afternoon I will cut out the quilt I'm making my son and daughter in law for Christmas.

Have a great day everyone!

Terri

bubba
December 10th, 2015, 01:53 PM
I'm here, just finished watching a movie. I was so bad at Christmas this year. Today I bought a personalized 1st baby ornament on Etsy for my grandson. Then two selfie sticks for my two dd's. I don't know if they have them so they get what they get. lol I'm going to bring this as a hostess gift to my stepdd's because we don't exchange anymore.

Candy Bowl You Can Eat - Love Simple Cooking (http://www.lovesimplecooking.com/candy-bowl-you-can-eat/)

Looks fun doesn't it. I'm sure the kids will think it's cool. I might make it bigger though.

Pat don't forget your sunscreen!

No sunscreen to be found here right now. First stop after deboarding is Costco, so we will get it there. MM needs super strength sunscreen because of the Enbrel. I had never seen him get a sunburn until a few years ago when he looked like a lobster! Being half Hispanic, that just does not happen. I got on the computer while he called the doctor. Less than one percent have a reaction to the sun, causing severe sunburns, and he is one of them!

kimsophia
December 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I've been sleeping at night. In fact I can't watch TV on the couch in the evening without falling asleep this week. But, since you can watch shows online I guess I don't have to worry about missing them.

I figured out the horrible smell in my bed. We cat babysat last week and apparently, the cat peed some on this big comforter. Bleh! So, no more "old lady smell"...lolol :lol:

I sewed a pillowcase yesterday out of my crazy Kaffee Fasset leftovers. I am not super crazy about the look of the multicolored burrito type pillowcase. I just made a plain one out of a yard of fabric. I used my embroidery leaf stitch on my machine to hem the cuff and it looks very pretty. But I don't have complete yards of the remaining fabric, so I guess I'll need to come up with some kind of burrito look. There are even quilted cuff ones online. Some elaborate, other just 4 1/2" squares.

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/images/millionpillowcases/2015/pdfs/Pillowcase_52_Simply%20Squares%20Band.pdf

If anybody wants some French onion soup, stop on by...I made a big pot of it a few days ago and we are just two people...lol I even have the French bread and Gruyere cheese on top! :)