PDA

View Full Version : checking my list.....

bubba
December 10th, 2015, 03:18 AM
MM's new aloha shirt done......check!
Purse done......check!
Wallet done......check!

Laundry done......guess I'll be up late yet again :(

Hulamoon
December 10th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Have fun! Take some pictures for us! Of you guys, not Hawaii. lol

MayinJerset
December 10th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Have a Great Time!

Andrea F
December 10th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Is it time already? Have fun and enjoy! Don't forget to take pictures :D

Kgrammiecaz
December 10th, 2015, 05:32 AM
Have a blast. And I second the photos request.

bubba
December 10th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Is it time already? Have fun and enjoy! Don't forget to take pictures :D

Yes Andrea.....babes in bikinis!!

Vonnie
December 10th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Oh, I envy you! Hawaiian quilt stores to explore and shop! Have fun - and maybe you can find some time to enjoy the scenery outside the quilt stores!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 10th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Aloha! Have a blast!

Simply Quilting
December 10th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Enjoy your trip :)

SallyO'Sews
December 10th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Sew happy for you! Yes. We need pictures! Of you, MM, and Hawaii.

ceiliam
December 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Have a great time

Grandma G
December 10th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Not sure when you are leaving but I hope you have a fantastic trip!! Looks like you checklist is right on schedule...

mischiefkat
December 10th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Have a great time. kathy

KPH
December 10th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Sounds like you've checked and double checked. Have a great time!

Learner quilter
December 10th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Have a great time..

kaydee
December 11th, 2015, 01:34 AM
If you see my husband in the airport, say "hi". He's flying to Hawaii and turning around and flying back the next day -- because he needs the miles to get Diamond Status on Delta. Sounds crazy, but the status pays off when you fly every week. I'd say he gets upgrades to 1st class at least 75% of the time, along with a menu of other perks.

JaniceR
December 11th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Hope you have a wonderful time and safe travels!

bubba
December 11th, 2015, 02:32 AM
If you see my husband in the airport, say "hi". He's flying to Hawaii and turning around and flying back the next day -- because he needs the miles to get Diamond Status on Delta. Sounds crazy, but the status pays off when you fly every week. I'd say he gets upgrades to 1st class at least 75% of the time, along with a menu of other perks.

Does he pay to fly over there and come straight back, or use miles? I would think it would get pretty darned expensive!

bubba
December 11th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Not sure when you are leaving but I hope you have a fantastic trip!! Looks like you checklist is right on schedule...

MM just left for work, took his suitcase with him. My bag is packed and by the front door waiting for the youngest daughter to come pick me up in the morning. We will go get MM and then she will take us to the airport and he will leave his car in the secured lot while we are gone. Plane leaves at 0945, but she is picking me up at 0515!!!!! Traffic is terrible in the morning, and MM works about ten minutes east of the airport and what takes him 25 minutes to drive to at night will take us at least an hour, even in the carpool lanes! We land around 2pm, Hawaii time.......so excited!!

stationarymom
December 11th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Have a great trip! Make sure to take lots of pics.

kaydee
December 11th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Bubba, he has to pay. It's costing him/us about $1,000. He figures the perks that come with Diamond Status are worth the $1,000, since he flies every week.

There are a lot of perks that come with that status including use of the Delta Club Room, the higher rate of calculating frequent flyer miles on the miles flown, and the upgrades to first class.

When we fly to Europe next summer, we will use points for both of our flights and he will use 4 international upgrades (that he got with his status last year) to get us in 1st class.

He can't use points to pay for the flight, because he wouldn't get credit for the miles flown. He's short on miles this year because a lot of his flights have been to Lansing Michigan (from Minneapolis), thus racking up $$ but not miles.

kaydee
December 11th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Amusing update: The guy sitting next to my husband on his miles trip to Hawaii was also flying to Hawaii just to get the miles he needed for Platinum status.

I'm not sure I think it would be worth it for Platinum, b/c Platinums rarely get upgrades to 1st class, but there must be something making it worthwhile.