PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
December 8th, 2015, 09:30 AM

Hello Folksies

Don't worry - not only have I had my coffee, I am pretty much awake. I slept and I slept and I slept. From like 9 pm last night until about 5 minutes ago. Got up once to braid the Big Man's hair. I barely remember that. So, I am feeling rather refreshed and after one more cup, perhaps I will be feeling rather frisky!
I made some jar wraps yesterday and a candle mat. To look at my sewing room you would think I was a in a frenzy of activity. Reckon, straightening up before I sew. That always gets the juices flowing again. The jars that the wraps are for are going to be gag gifts. Found a thing on pinterest for "Chill Pills" and am going to fill them up with M & M's and some jars skittles. (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257620041160583368/). I ragged the edges and put the label on the top. Kinda cutesy. The candle mat is octagon shaped and has the orange peel appliqued. Another cutesy thing. My gifts are piling up and I am feeling less behind.

Have to run to Mom's and check on her. She is feeling okay, just really really really lonesome. It's coming up to the anniversary of Daddy's death and for those of you who have gone through this, the years do not make it easier.

I am going to sit here for a bit longer with some cawfee, two dogs on my lap (thank the lord I have ample thighs), and read some more. Big blessings to each and every one. I will through in some smiles after a bit more sleep and coffee washes away the cobbies.

Bubby
December 8th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Morning Blondie & Everyone To Come,

Things are going well. We had to work in Cuba Sunday but that was the only time in four weeks. While there we got to give our friend Kim her quilt, so the day ended on an up note. I'm closing my sewing room down until the new year. Every year I say that I will take January for making Christmas gifts, but it never happens. I'm not going to say it this year...lol!

Jeff and I both have doctor appointments this week. I have Christmas cards to write and get in the mail and a few things to put in the mail. Dottie & Olive were groomed yesterday and they look so pretty again. Life is good.

Once I get moving this morning I plan to bake dog biscuits and make my DDs favorite Christmas cookies to be mailed later today in her Christmas box.

Wishing everyone a blessed Tuesday. Hugs All Around.....

irishrn
December 8th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Morning Blondie and all to follow! It is one foggy day out and for the first time in FOREVER I am awake and DH is still sleeping!!!
This morning of serenity is not lost on this girl! Last few days have been a roller coaster of emotions with DH having real trouble remembering why he has a bandage on his face and why I have to keep redressing it! ( he had skin cancer biopsy last week and the site was quite large!!) waiting on results and possible further surgery!
Anyway, I managed to pop in here for a bit last evening and saw Blondie's cookie swap post and decided to make DH some chocolate chip cookies. He was so happy that he just mellowed out and relaxed for quite a bit! Cookies are magic!!!

So before I have to get running I hope all are doing well and sending HUGS to all who need them! I do try to peek in when I can and know I am thinking about you and wishing you all well!!

KPH
December 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Good Morning All,

We had a wonderful visit with DH's cousin when we picked up DH's grandfather's desk yesterday. It's a lot bigger than I remembered, (and a lot bigger than the spot where the DH's desk is sitting now!) It's sitting in the middle of the living room floor all taken apart. It's in a lot worse shape, as well. The roll top plastic slide is broken on one side and the roll top slats have been duck taped together. DH is convinced he can fix it all before my wood working son comes home NYE. I guess it's going to reside in the living room until said son comes and claims it. Hopefully, it can be put in the corner, or somewhere a little less conspicuous.

I finished the top piecing on the wall hanging for the living room, today is laundry and putting the borders on the matching throw. I did find a flaw in the pattern. It had a section that listed fabric measurements if you were using the borders that matched the yardage in the piecing. It didn't list the border #3 measurement for the throw. So, guess who isn't going to have a border 3 on her throw! No big deal. It's not like we really sit in the living room anyway. I'm thinking about corner stoning border 1, and making border 2 go all the way around.

Time for another cup of joe, and sorting laundry while the dishwasher is doing it's thing. The duct tape is making that distinctive ripping sound in the living room. Have a wonderful day everyone! p

Cathy F
December 8th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Morning all,
Sitting here enjoying that first cup of coffee and gathering my thoughts.
Thank you all for those warm Birthday wishes today!

Tonight is our Pilot Club Christmas benefit and my 30 elf shoes are all set to go, yay! It was close but I did it! It will be a nice affair and will raise some much needed items to restock our local food pantries.
Going to see if I can get my sewing room cleaned up a bit today, and some fabric organized and back where they belong. Seems it's easier to pull them out than to put them back!
Sending out hugs to all that may be under the weather today and could use a few extra.

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Good Morning, well almost good as I need a bit more coffee. Barb is already mailing her Christmas gifts and I haven't even bought the ones that need to be mailed to DGDs in CA and LA. Tried to order some items online from Kohl's but the site is so slow I think I'll do better at the store. Hope nothing comes up to keep DH and I from going this afternoon. First I'll make a detailed list so I don't forget anything and waste time browsing all over the store. Also need to make some cookies to include with the gifts.

Been enjoying a pumpkin muffin with my coffee. DGD Beth made them and since she was up our way shopping last night and she dropped off a few of them for us to enjoy. She told us that her Dad, DS#1, bought her an online sewing class for Christmas as she is anxious to learn how to use her sewing machine and make some clothes and maybe some quilts. I helped make a little quilt years ago when she was in the scouts and she may renew her interest in them. Busy gal since she graduated college in May, took her RN Boards, received her RN license and began her first professional position few months ago. I think sewing will be a great way to relax after her 12 hour days at the hospital.

EnumclawGramma
December 8th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Good Morning. Rainy day in the NW, and that's a good excuse to clean and possibly sew? I have quilts to bind and my machine's been in a really bad mood. If I can handle the frustration I'll try to figure out what her problem is.

My kitty - pictured in my signature - inherited her from my Mama. In 2004. She was 7 then. She is getting ready to say goodbye, and this is harder than I imagined. Not wanting to take her on a scary confusing ride to the vet. Life is confusing enough for her right now. This isn't tied in to missing my Mama, I've thot long and hard about that one. Any words of advice are appreciated. When do you say when?

Missing unlimited time here catching up, posting whenever something strikes my fancy and my friends. Hoping you're all having a nice Holiday season.

**HUGS**

RockinLou
December 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM
hello friends... i'm going to try to put my son to bed for the third time tonight... I have one last pile of papers to grade, and then I'm done with official business type work until after our vacation....

so maybe tomorrow I will work on quilting his quilt top... it's getting close....

what a crazy day at work today, and Wednesdays are LONG.... so it'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon!

goodnight from Kazakhstan!

Granny Judy
December 8th, 2015, 12:55 PM
My kitty - pictured in my signature - inherited her from my Mama. In 2004. She was 7 then. She is getting ready to say goodbye, and this is harder than I imagined. Not wanting to take her on a scary confusing ride to the vet. Life is confusing enough for her right now. This isn't tied in to missing my Mama, I've thot long and hard about that one. Any words of advice are appreciated. When do you say when?

**HUGS**

I think your fur baby will let you know when enough is enough... At least Mine always did. They just give you that look and you can't mistake it for anything else..

We had to let go of one of our Dogs today.. no one is really in a good mood right now. But It was time. She was suffering and not enjoying life at all.

I have to finish decorating the tree today.l.just not up to sorting thru the storage area for the goodies. Maybe after a good meal I'll get some energy to do that. Got a roast going in the oven.

Thinking about cleaning up and putting away the sewing area stuff... just have to quilt one more UFO for gifting this year.
Hugs to all and don't forget that smile...

auntiemern
December 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Sitting here drinking my coffee, thinking about what I would like to accomplish today. I know I have to go to one of the local malls to meet DD and get something for oldest DGD. I did get 3 sets of towels monogrammed yesterday and an apron appliqued for my GGD. I started on a runner for my wonderful mail lady.
Taking DD out to eat for her b'day dinner this evening. Christmas has gotten to be so hectic and commercial, I can barely stand it anymore. It has lost it's meaning to so many people, and is all about the getting presents. Bah hum bug. I enjoy making and giving gifts, but the purchasing is getting way out of hand. Ok enough of my Debbie Downer...gotta get ready to meet DD.

judimccl
December 8th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Good morning Blondie. Love the idea of the chill pills and definitely know some people who could use something like that :icon_razz:

SewnByBee
December 8th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Good Morning Forum Friends.

I have been wore out from our outing and decorating. The craft show was pretty good they said the one inthe fall was the beginning biggest one ever. I picked up a few ornaments , and a couple of stuffed animals I thought I could make myself. I had been wanting to make an elephant and a kitty, found both. Yey.

Got to finish putting ornaments on my tree . today. Using my memory ornaments time , before we have a baby in the house, there brakables so I don't always use them but this year it seems appropriate. I'm trying to embrace all the memories , admitting it's a little more overwhelming than I was expecting.

Blonde, this is a hard time of the year for us too The date is close , the years don't seem to make any different of course it will only be three years Jan Third.
I feel that loneliness too, I try t o think of all the memories but it only makes me miss her more. WELL on the bright side I do SMILE First, Before I cry. that is good. But that lonely part is unfixable.
I had her home for Christmas , that was our last one after a three month stay in rehab. So we do celebrate and cherish that, every year.

I'm glad your there for your mom, company is the only way to define the only lonelies that lurk up on these sad dates. It hurts that at the holliday too. Your very presents will make her smile.

Wishing You all,
a Very Merry Christmas
and blessings of peace and joy through the hollidays..... Your friend Bee.

Monique
December 8th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Good afternoon. No one was up here when I left for work this morning. A crazy day at the Post Office and it is only going to get worse.

I suffered last night with a gallbladder attack. Still not feeling 100% today. I had terrible heart burn all day at work. I have a load of laundry on and hubby isn't going to be home today after all. He had to take his sister to an appointment and it is not worth coming home for a couple of hours and then going back again. Not sure what I want to do yet.

Have a great day everyone.

Dec 10 marks the 8th anniversary of my Mom's passing.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Good Morning. Rainy day in the NW, and that's a good excuse to clean and possibly sew? I have quilts to bind and my machine's been in a really bad mood. If I can handle the frustration I'll try to figure out what her problem is.

Missing unlimited time here catching up, posting whenever something strikes my fancy and my friends. Hoping you're all having a nice Holiday season.

**HUGS**

Libby, I faced that dilemma with my 18 year old fur boy in May. He seemed to be calling in every one of his 9 lives every morning, I didn't think he would make it through each night for weeks, but he did. I finally did take the step to ask for help from the vet, and my baby crossed the rainbow bridge peacefully in my arms. Making that call to the vet was so hard, but it brought me peace once I did it, knowing my baby would not suffer old age and sickness any more. They give us love and comfort for their long lives, and we do have the privilege to make their last days comfortable and peaceful.