PDA

View Full Version : Parade decorations

HandsomeRyan
December 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM

The daycare that Wiggles goes to (and Daisy will attend starting in January) invited us to walk with them in the local Christmas parade. I love making decorations and decided I needed to do something to make the stroller more festive. After the fifth time telling Wiggles to stop poking his sister I decided a naughty/nice theme would be fitting. I built a frame out of pvc pipe and secured it to the stroller frame. I wrapped it in garland to look more tree-like. I hung Naughty/Nice signs and added a couple doves sitting on top.

We got a lot of smiles and positive comments as well as some understanding nods from many of the parents in the crowd. A few people said "That's mean" but it is all meant in good fun. To be fair, Sawyer has had all year but Daisy only had to be good for 5 weeks so far.

The weather was beautiful and I think at least a few thousand people came to watch. A nice way to spend an afternoon.

Monique
December 7th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I think it is cute nonetheless. Great job Ryan.

Granny Judy
December 7th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Love your attitude... great to see your little guy being so "n" He is definitely all BOY!!

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Special. You know the poem, what are little boys made of? Very befitting, I do believe.

MayinJerset
December 7th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Hi Ryan, Have to say it's a really creative 'float' for the parade.

AuntieVic
December 7th, 2015, 10:51 AM
That is a great idea, love the creative way you put it together with the garland.

Hulamoon
December 7th, 2015, 11:04 AM
lol Very clever!

SallyO'Sews
December 7th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Love the fact that in the second picture, Mr. Wiggles' shoe has come off!
You and Tabatha are doing a great job, Ryan! Continue to enjoy your little blessings.

RockinLou
December 7th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Very Cute!!

judimccl
December 7th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Very creative, and I don't think it was "mean" at all - just some Holiday fun. :icon_wave:

ceiliam
December 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Love it cracked me up, not mean, but some people have no sense of humor . parade looks like it was fun

JCY
December 7th, 2015, 02:48 PM
How fun is that! Good to hear from you, Ryan. Have a great holiday season with those 2 munchkins.

jjkaiser
December 7th, 2015, 04:46 PM
That was the perfect theme and ppl need to lighten up a little!! Of course you weren't being mean, and let's face it little boys Wiggle's age just can't be good ALL the time! Merry xmas to you and your beautiful fam.

K. McEuen
December 7th, 2015, 06:47 PM
I saw this early this morning on my phone. It was like looking at ants. Now I see the pictures full size I can see that Sawyer sort of had the evil/naughty look down in the first picture. All I can say about the second ... did you find his shoe?

HandsomeRyan
December 7th, 2015, 11:05 PM
All I can say about the second ... did you find his shoe?

By the end of the parade he took off his shoe and sock so he had one bare foot and one shoed foot. We did find both removed items.

Juliet Taylor
December 8th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I love it :D You have a lovely family