PDA

View Full Version : I have an awesome husband!

Elaine21
December 6th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Today we went out to run a few errands, and my husband said he wanted some time today too. He told me not to ask too many questions, just go along for the ride. We went to one store where there was some pottery that I had seen and liked, but he wanted to see it so he could know what I was talking about. Then, he took me to the textile district where I live, and took me to one of the shops where they sell new sewing machines. After looking at several machines, talking with the owner of the shop, and some discussion amongst ourselves....he purchased a Janome Skyline S5 for me!!! He had me in tears in the shop. I couldn't believe this was going to be my Christmas gift. Now, I cannot wait until Christmas is over to play and sew and have so much fun. I have so many things I want to do now that I have a machine that can actually do it (my current machine is a 25+ year old Kenmore with 16 stitches).
I am completely overwhelmed....and forever grateful for having a husband like him!

Leslie333
December 6th, 2015, 05:14 PM
You're a lucky lady! Hang on to him and enjoy your new machine!

Cathy F
December 6th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Congratulations on your new sewing machine! Yes, he is definetly a keeper!

Learner quilter
December 6th, 2015, 06:11 PM
You better get busy with a quilt for such a special man..

ceiliam
December 6th, 2015, 06:36 PM
What a keeper, husband well and the machine too congrats

Snip Snip
December 6th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Wow, that's terrific! Had you been talking about needing a new machine, and what kind you thought you wanted, or did he come up with that model on his own?
You must be doing something right!

sewlucky
December 6th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Lucky girl! You will have so much fun with your new machine!! :)

Terri

jjkaiser
December 6th, 2015, 08:13 PM
CongraItulations! I would sure love a surprise shopping trip like that!!

Midge
December 6th, 2015, 08:43 PM
How wonderful your husband is! He really knew what would make you happy. Enjoy your new machine.

GrammaBabs
December 6th, 2015, 09:33 PM
It's wonderful to know other's of us have men that understand and support the passion we have for our craft..:)
Whatever your DH is called he "rocks"...:))

Elaine21
December 6th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Wow, that's terrific! Had you been talking about needing a new machine, and what kind you thought you wanted, or did he come up with that model on his own?
You must be doing something right!

We had been talking about what I would like in a new sewing machine, and I had pointed him in the direction of either the Skyline S5 or the S7. When we went today and talked with the shop owner (who services my old Kenmore as well) we discussed what each did, the comparisons and the price. The deal we got for the S5 was great and we got a quilting kit with it as well. All in all, the best bang for his buck!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 6th, 2015, 09:54 PM
How cool! I just saw a demo of the Skyline by Janome line and they looked awesome! Have fun!

judimccl
December 6th, 2015, 10:33 PM
He is definitely a keeper! Enjoy your new machine. :icon_wave:

DebbieDoodle
December 7th, 2015, 12:13 AM
What an amazing husband! Enjoy your new machine!

Juliet Taylor
December 7th, 2015, 06:46 AM
What a lovely and thoughtful gift from a great husband :)
I totally understand your joy and commotion :) Mine did the same thing for me... I was over the moon!

Bubby
December 7th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Congratulations....what a great Hubby!

bubba
December 7th, 2015, 07:00 AM
How great! That is exactly what MM did for me a year ago today. I could not be happier with what he bought me. I had in mind I wanted the Janome with the dial and red front, but we stopped at another store first and ended up with Jack, the Juki and Jill, the Babylock Espire. Together, they were both less than just the one.

Have lots of fun sewing! Is he making you wait till Christmas for it?

Monique
December 7th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Congratulations on your new machine. Enjoy!

Sheep Farmer
December 7th, 2015, 11:06 AM
What an wonderful Christmas present!
I know you can't wait to start sewing on it!!
You have an awesome hubby! (Keep him.) :D

songbird857
December 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
He's a keeper for sure!! Have fun with your new machine :)

SuzyQue
December 7th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Yes, he is a keeper! My hubby did the exact same thing about 5 years ago. I was so surprised, touched, and grateful. It is such a blessing to have a husband that loves you so much. Enjoy!

SallyO'Sews
December 7th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Sew happy for you, Elaine! I love when my DH surprises me - makes the gift that much more special! Enjoy your new toy, and don't forget to post pics of your new creations!

Elaine21
December 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM
How great! That is exactly what MM did for me a year ago today. I could not be happier with what he bought me. I had in mind I wanted the Janome with the dial and red front, but we stopped at another store first and ended up with Jack, the Juki and Jill, the Babylock Espire. Together, they were both less than just the one.

Have lots of fun sewing! Is he making you wait till Christmas for it?

Yes he is. It's ok though....I have no plans on sewing anything between now and Christmas...too much baking and other things to do!

rebeccas-sewing
December 7th, 2015, 02:00 PM
He obviously loves you very much. What a great guy. I have one of those too. I'm forever grateful for my hubby as I'm sure you are of yours. Merry Christmas. Have tons of fun with your new machine.

mommadeb
December 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I have an awesome DH like that too. He bought me a new HV Opal 650 for Christmas last year.

gshannon1008
December 7th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Awesome Husband. Definitely a keeper! ( I got to get me one of those ;) ) I hope enjoy your present. I can't wait to see the quilts you craft.

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Congratulations on your new machine!!! You have an terrific husband.

easyquilts
December 8th, 2015, 08:46 AM
You are, indeed, a very lucky woman! Enjoy...

cv quilter
December 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Elaine, Merry Christmas. How wonderful that you have a man who supports your passion. Enjoy your new machine. My DH has supported me, too, with 3 awesome machines and I swear I can't take him into the Babylock Dealer's store anymore! He wants to buy me the Tiara II now and I don't want it. I don't have room for it:) I have a kind and wonderful man. Congratulations on having a KEEPER! You do, indeed, have an awesome husband :icon_tup: