PDA

View Full Version : Gilded Night Owl

kimsophia
December 5th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Hoot hoot! How are you? @,@ I'm pretty good. There was a $5 off coupon for groceries at the new Aldi so my buddy and I went. I got a lot of cheeses, crackers and hummus. So far I like everything but their wheat crackers. Wow their milk is so cheap! $1.80 for a gallon of whole milk? Wow! I know we'll be getting milk there for sure.

One of the Craftsy classes I took was in fabric painting and the metallic gold paint that I ordered came today. I stood in line for 45 minutes at the pick-up counter at Walmart...I don't know if they were training a new person or what but it was crazy. The people ahead of me had these complicated transactions and the computer was balking. But I was just killing time anyway while my friend was donating plasma so I might as well stand in a line. :P I also went to Goodwill and found these special cups that my husband had when we got married but have broken over the years. There were eight of them there but I only got four. So I will be surprising him with that at Christmas! :) And I got myself a new colander and a stainless steel car cup.

I tried out my metallic fabric paint on the dress that I want to gild. It was gilded before but the paint came off in the wash over time. So I'm just re-gilding it. That will keep my busy as there all a lot of spots to redo.

What's shaking in your tree?

stationarymom
December 5th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Hoot Hi As usual there isn't too much happening in my tree tonight.I can't drive and my DH had to work late tonight so I've been home all day.My bff lost her Mom on the 2nd she was 76 but it was a very unexpected death,so I've been trying to help her out where ever needed .I've only been to Aldi's once and they didn't carry any name brands are they still like that? Good luck trying to re do the gilding on your dress.

pcbatiks
December 5th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Helloooooo, night owls.

Most of my day was good today. My mom, my favorite cousin and I went to a few garage sales this morning. I found a pretty lampshade in great condition for 50 cents to go on a $1 lamp that I bought at a garage sale about a month ago.......how cool is that. A few days ago I picked up a lampshade at Marshall's for $10.......sooooooooo that is going back to the store. The one from the garage sale is a lot better made. So I was very happy with my find. :D

Have you'll ever gifted a Craftsy class to someone? Yesterday I had a question for Craftsy about how that would work if you were gifted a $30 class of your choice and the class you wanted to get was on sale...for example $14.99. Well, here's the answer I got back from them:

I was hoping you could make the most of the sale prices but I guess not on the classes that are less than the gift card amount.

Hope you all have a good evening. :)

toggpine
December 5th, 2015, 03:47 AM
I'm stuffing flax seeds with a pinch of lavender into geckos and slippers. They will be microwaveable heat packs that will be gifted for Christmas. I'll attempt to get photos for tomorrow.

I was up late last night and won't be up too much longer. My nest is calling!

I hope you all are well! Hugs,Cathy

kimsophia
December 5th, 2015, 04:35 AM
I'm stuffing flax seeds with a pinch of lavender into geckos and slippers.

When I read that first sentence I thought it was a recipe for stuffed geckos...lolol I guess because I had just been planning to make stuffed green peppers! :lol:

carolynrae
December 5th, 2015, 04:38 AM
I love stuffed green peppers! What do you put in yours?

kimsophia
December 5th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Well I was hoping to try a new recipe because I bought some queso fresco at Aldi and found it too bland to eat on crackers. But the package said to use it in Mexican cooking such as stuffed peppers. I was going to look for some recipe that called for it.

RockinLou
December 5th, 2015, 04:53 AM
it's mid-afternoon here in Almaty, I've managed to sew a pile of blocks into a quilt top today. I'm thinking that I will quilt it tonight after the kids go to bed. I have one last box of cheeze itz available to eat, and knowing we go home in 2 weeks, that might just be the perfect occasion for them.
My husband is recovering from his appendectomy on Monday night, he is doing well, but probably doing too much! He can't decide what he wants to do this afternoon and this evening, neither can I, it's the first weekend in about 6 weeks that we haven't been entirely over-booked and overwhelmed....

kimsophia
December 5th, 2015, 05:46 AM
.I've only been to Aldi's once and they didn't carry any name brands are they still like that?

Yes, they have their own store brands there. I only saw two items that had brands that I recognized: Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and Boursin cheese.