PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Fridays!

Blondie
November 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

It is Friday, the end of the week, the promises of fun weekend ahead, however you look at it, have a great day!

I am planning on staying the weekend with Mom, so I may not be online folks the next few days.

Running super late this morning - hubs is off work for Veteran's Day and he let me go back to sleep.

To all of those who have served or are currently serving our country, let me say a personal thank you for the commitment to keep our liberties safe. God Bless each and every Vet.

oldgurl4
November 11th, 2011, 08:56 AM
:icon_heh: WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME !.... LOL
:icon_rolleyes:I've been Up since 5 this morning....
made coffee... turn Puter ON.... and
WHAT!....NO SUNSHINE?
Ohhh Nooooo......
It must Be that she took Off today for VETERAN'S Day.(I thought to myself)

But Nope!!... Here You Are!!

MORNING ~Blondie~:icon_hi:

Glad you are going to take it slow this weekend... Enjoy every Second.;)

I finally have my weekend Off....Yeahhhhh! :icon_woohoo:

:icon_stunned: WHAT?... What's that noise I Hear in the background??
Ooohhh!... It's the News CHOPPERS (helicopters)...
Oh.. that's Right!....Today is 11-11-11

The New MARLINS Stadium (down the road from Me, still in construction)
/I]Is Opening the Doors to the Public Today for a One Time Grand Tour of the State of The Art Baseball Park that's opening sometime next Year.

:DHoww Exciting...I might jump Over to take a PEEK!... [I]If I can make squirm myself in line! hee-hee

To All....
Sometime today take a a LEAST a minute or two to Remember those who Served & Died to give You this Day. Amen

~Happy Veterans Day~

Stay Safe :D

Bubby
November 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Just a quick note, as I'm getting DH ready to leave on his hunting trip...then several days of blessed sewing all day if I choose! If he's true to form he will get homesick and come home early...he does this every year. So I have learned to do my fun things the first two days of his trips and let the rest go until later.

DD is recouping well after her wreck. Yesterday she found out her neck is not fractured, but has a severe whiplash. All plans to move her to California are cancelled. She is sore and bruised everywhere, but she is realizing it could have been so much worse. Uncle Henry checked out okay and is now back home.

Special thanks and Hugs to all of you for your prayers, well wishes and pm's...it's wonderful to have friends who pray and care. B

((())) Barb ((()))

rebeccas-sewing
November 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Barb,
Considering your explanation of the accident, it is an absolute miracle they both survived and survived with so little injury. Two very lucky folks. What a great relief to hear they are going to be fine.

Rebecca

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone glad it's Friday. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a great holiday! I am going to try to make some christmas presents today! :icon_wave:

stitching woman
November 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Good Morning and Thank you for your service to all of our wonderful troops both active and retired we can never do enough to honor you.
Glad to hear Barb's daughter and uncle are on the mend. Today is my sis's birthday so will spend sometime with her today. A good friend came out yesterday and we quilted a quilt for her Great Grand daughter. Need to get back in my sewing room and try to finish a quilt that is a monster and I just can't make myself finish, but it needs to be done sooooooooooooooooo off I go.

Have a great Friday.

oldgurl4
November 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I LIKE THAT NUMBER!!:icon_tup:.....

Today is the Day... The First of the Baby Boomers turn "65" and what does 6+5= ?

Yeahp!...That's Right....

Hummm... :icon_stunned: what a Koweenky-Dinky!!!

and in China this day is considered a LUCKY Number....

I was born on the ELEVENTH...

It must Be in The STARS!.....It's a SIGN...

Sewwwwwww......:icon_crazy: ME FEEL LUCKY TODAY!!!!

I'm on My Wayyy to Play "The LOTTO"

Later!

cyndiofthevortex
November 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone!

Blondie, I hope you have a great weekend with your mom. You'll be missed here! We all look forward to a chat with you early (sometimes not so early!) in the morning. You're a blessing to all of us!

Thanks to my daughter who came back from a year's deployment from Iraq, and for her sargeant who came back too and married her! There are three little girls to be thankful for as a result of their safe homecoming.

Barb, I wish for your DD a speedy recovery. And a recovery for your nerves! When my DD was hit by a truck while crossing a street, my heart didn't stop beating wildly for a week. I hope she'll soon be on the mend with your uncle.

Oldgurl, you've given me a laugh or two to start my day. You crack me up!

My only major decisions today are whether to piece my sunflower quilt first or baste and begin quilting the soft pastel baby pinwheel quilt first. To piece or to quilt? That is the question. I'll sip a cup of tea and mull over it.

Wind is here to blow the stubborn old rain clouds away. Promises of sun for my trip tomorrow to Centre Harbor and a visit to Keepsake Quilting! It's as good as a quilt show up there and there are so many fabrics to touch! I will come home with only enough fabric to make a new tote bag. I really need one. No, really I do. Yes, there are three hanging in the mudroom, but only three! I need an even number to feel really at peace.

Happy weekend to all!

Cyndi

meemeecyn
November 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Happy Veteran's Day to those who served, many giving the ultimate sacrifice. Loved your pics this morning, Blondie. So true. Have a good time with Mum....you are a good daughter, my Friend.

Barb, glad to hear the news! I imagine that is a great relief for you, too.

Cyndi...enjoy your quilting trip! Stopped at Keepsake last week. It is a beautiful shop, but I still like the one in Henniker better. The staff is so much more helpful and friendly.

Old Gurl....is it your birthday today? A wish for a happy one if so! I still haven't forgotten about your recipe! After the Fair....hopefully things will quiet down then.

Today we're heading over to the hospital to set up the Fair with our crafts and millions of cookies! Will be there tomorrow at 7AM, waiting for the vendors and then the 'hordes' of shoppers!!! It will all end at 3 and here's hoping we make tons of $$$$ for the hospital!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Good Morning everyone!!!

Spending a quiet day and taking our local restaurants up on free meals for Vets.

Hugs!!

Cherie
November 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi girls! I'm new here but wanted to drop by and say Hi!

It's been a long week for me....My friend (and coworker) passed away on Monday after a short battle with cancer (only 8 weeks). Tonight, an ex-coworker friend and I are going out to do her favorite things - eat Chinese and shop 'til we drop....And laugh.

My mom will be here tonight and we're going quilt shop hopping in Omaha tomorrow. DH and the boys will be working on our rather ridiculous Christmas light display (it's one of those that has a radio station and the lights play to music)....

Happy Veterans Day to everyone that served & THANK YOU!

debinmalaga
November 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
A heartfelt THANK YOU to our Vets, especially my son Tony, who is an Iraq war veteran who also served in Egypt and after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Your sacrifices are appreciated.

Hi Cherie, and Welcome to the Forum! Would love to see a pic of your "ridiculous" light display! Are you planning to YouTube it??

It is a sunny, breezy day here, absolutely RAINING leaves. The colors are at their peak, my cherry tree is a blazing butterscotch against the dark green Leyland Cypresses, and the yard (untouched by human hand or rake so far this autumn) is just adrift with reds and golds. Picture perfect. Spike and I are going to tromp around a bit and then I'll be fmq'ing my pink quilt for my cousin Julie. Sandy and Michele both posted a great link to fmq "rules" and I will remain sober and decaffeinated and see if that makes a difference in my quilting, LOL.

Cherie
November 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Deb! We have you tubed it in the past.....Let me try to find the link and get back to you. ;)

Cherie
November 11th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Here's one of last year's videos I took on my cell phone so it's really hard to see but I think you get the idea.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMzU70I8mQ&feature=fvsr

He redid it this year so that the windows will be like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmKCTXcUbI&feature=related

The columns will be like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ZOaDqjGE0&feature=related

We will only have white and red lights this year instead of red, blue, green and white like in the past years. We'll have two or three "mega" trees instead of one and some fancy kind of led floodlights that I don't understand yet. lol

MRoy
November 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Good morning...Happy Veterans Day and a BIG thank you to all veterans and those on active duty! I'm a bit envious of those who are going to quilt shops today. I live in a rural area, am not close to any city, and "real" quilt shops are practically non-existent around here.

It's a day off work for me...Yay! Have a wonderful, safe day!

bakermom
November 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Good Morning everyone!!!

Spending a quiet day and taking our local restaurants up on free meals for Vets.

Hugs!!

Several places here do that too.
On a side note-my brother is a Vietman vet, now part of an honor guard that attends military funerals. Some times after their day of funerals they all go out to eat(they may drive many miles to attend one). Often their meal is paid for anonymously by another diner. To those kind people I also say "thank you" for giving these vets the respect they did not recieve on their homecoming.
To my dad, brother, BIL and nephew-thank you.

KiltedQuilter
November 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Happy 11th Nov everyone. Lest we forget.

Sandy, I love the idea that places give free meals to Vets, brilliant!

HandsOffItsMine
November 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Happy Veteran's Day to all our soldiers, past and present! We thank you for your service and our freedom!

Don is a Vietnam Vet as well, those guys didn't get teh homecomings they should have. To those Vets...A special salute and hug for all you had to do in a war at such a young age, many with no choice with the draft.

Ohhhh, to be able to go to an actual true quilt store...please enjoy the day for me. Take some photos and post, I'm having withdrawals here on the island. There is a big discount place with about 3 locations but no atmosphere, more like dump and find. I'm in need of a true shop. Oh well.

Got my Threads from ConnectingThreads, Craft & Quilt Books from Amazon, my Summer Breeze Iron Quilter Materials from MSQC yesterday - it felt like Xmas. Now I need to get to work. :)

Barb, good to hear that DD & uncle's injuries are less serious than expected. May they heal quickly. Didn't realize that she was set to move to CA. Need to make sure that she's all ok before that. Don't want to mess with that whiplash.

Have a great day all. See you all later, Ruby

toggpine
November 11th, 2011, 04:11 PM
:icon_hiya:
Thanks to all of our veterans. Have a great day!

Loonwatcher
November 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
A big thanks to all our Vets!

Sandy enjoy your dinner. Blondie, have a good weekend with your Mom. Cherie those lights are going to be fabulous. is your DH an electrician or elec. engineer or something like that? Barb, so glad you DD is going to be okay.

Everyone have a great day and weekend.

quiltingtrish
November 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hello all!
Well, it was a good day until we heard that 3 of our students were in a horrific car accident right here in town. They were life-lioned to Hershey and heard the news isn't good on any of them. They should have all been in school at the time - it happened around noon. They are also all in learning or emotional support of some sort and were 'trouble' kids. Prayers please for these kids.

The high school put on a wonderful Veterans Day assembly today. It was nice to be recognized.

Busy tonight cleaning here so I'll be around.

Hugs,

Monique
November 11th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Just a quick note, as I'm getting DH ready to leave on his hunting trip...then several days of blessed sewing all day if I choose! If he's true to form he will get homesick and come home early...he does this every year. So I have learned to do my fun things the first two days of his trips and let the rest go until later.

DD is recouping well after her wreck. Yesterday she found out her neck is not fractured, but has a severe whiplash. All plans to move her to California are cancelled. She is sore and bruised everywhere, but she is realizing it could have been so much worse. Uncle Henry checked out okay and is now back home.

Special thanks and Hugs to all of you for your prayers, well wishes and pm's...it's wonderful to have friends who pray and care. B

((())) Barb ((()))

I think I missed a post here. Glad everyone is ok and yes it could always be a lot worse.

Sandy Navas
November 12th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hello all!
Well, it was a good day until we heard that 3 of our students were in a horrific car accident right here in town. They were life-lioned to Hershey and heard the news isn't good on any of them. They should have all been in school at the time - it happened around noon. They are also all in learning or emotional support of some sort and were 'trouble' kids. Prayers please for these kids.

The high school put on a wonderful Veterans Day assembly today. It was nice to be recognized.

Busy tonight cleaning here so I'll be around.

Hugs,

Prayers being uplifted. It crushes me when I hear these needless losses . . .

janluna
November 12th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hello everyone, I tried to get on this site today but couldn't post anything. I don't know why it wouldn't work. Oh well.
I just wanted to say thank you to Sandy, Trish, and Jan G. for their service to our country, and to anyone else who has served our country. God Bless you all.
Prayers going up for everyone who has been injured or who are sick.
Love you all, Jan L.