PDA

View Full Version : A little scenario

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2015, 02:48 AM
Okay, tent guy want's me to pay for half a new lawn mower. Can I charge him for half of the new carpet?

bubba
December 1st, 2015, 03:46 AM
Uh, I would if he thinks you need to pay for half of the mower!! Oh, and I would not pay for said mower!!

K. McEuen
December 1st, 2015, 03:54 AM
Wait, the lawn is like his carpet - let him pay for it.

Kgrammiecaz
December 1st, 2015, 05:00 AM
I qm totally with Karen on this one. He pays for his carpet, you paid for yours.

Monique
December 1st, 2015, 08:25 AM
Yeah let him pay for it.

Midge
December 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
I bet your new carpet cost a lot more than a new mower - unless you need a riding tractor for your property. Tell him based on an 'equitable sharing' of carpeting costs he now owes you money.

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2015, 11:40 AM
It's a rider. It's a really cute orange Husqvarna. I'm just trying to get my thoughts together on what to say. He might not mow around me if I say no. It might be in my better interests just to give in to it. I would have to hire someone. Not saying he would do that, just thinking ahead to what might happen. I love you guys for the support and laugh this morning :)

Grandma G
December 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
It's a rider. It's a really cute orange Husqvarna. I'm just trying to get my thoughts together on what to say. He might not mow around me if I say no. It might be in my better interests just to give in to it. I would have to hire someone. Not saying he would do that, just thinking ahead to what might happen. I love you guys for the support and laugh this morning :)

Oh, wow! I thought he was talking about a regular lawn mower like a good percentage of homeowners have (if they don't have lawn service). Yes, it's cute...that's what he and the salesperson want you to think to persuade you to fork over half. Me thinks I would tell him I would be happy to pay for a push mower!!

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2015, 12:41 PM
Oh, wow! I thought he was talking about a regular lawn mower like a good percentage of homeowners have (if they don't have lawn service). Yes, it's cute...that's what he and the salesperson want you to think to persuade you to fork over half. Me thinks I would tell him I would be happy to pay for a push mower!!

Well, we have two acres. And it's not really grass but clumps of weeds. That wouldn't work. lol

I wish I had a nice yard. We tried at one point somewhere along the way.

Carlie Wolf
December 1st, 2015, 12:43 PM
Yes....yes he should pay!

Midge
December 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Lorie, there is a wide swath of unmown grass between needing that 'cute' Husqvarna because of the size/hilliness of your property and wanting a riding mower because of laziness or just because. Unless you have a lawn like I did when I lived in the country - more than 3 acres to mow - you don't need a riding mower. A self-propelled mower will do. Less than 1/2 acre qualifies for half the cost of this beauty.

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM
This is the grass we have,

Monday Question ? Weed Control? How Do I Get Rid of This? | Hawaii News and Island Information (http://damontucker.com/2011/04/04/monday-question-weed-control-how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/)

Quiltfreestyle
December 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM
What about renting a goat, as one commenter in the article suggests??? Wouldn't the goat owner do it for free to feed his goats ?? Just kidding :D

Carah
December 1st, 2015, 02:35 PM
If you feel you must help pay for it, I would request a lower cost mower. There are a lot of riding mowers that are a lot less expensive.

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2015, 02:42 PM
What about renting a goat, as one commenter in the article suggests??? Wouldn't the goat owner do it for free to feed his goats ?? Just kidding :D

Actually, there is a goat farmer down the street. I think he raises them for meat. I won't go there. I would buy one though. I would need to build a shelter though. Something to think about.

I wanted to correct something. When I said I won't go there I meant I wouldn't rent a goat that will be used for meat. He doesn't have a house there, just rents the pasture. There are horses and cows in there too owned by other people I think. Oh, and some sheep. lol

K. McEuen
December 1st, 2015, 03:09 PM
That grass looks like the johnson grass that grew in Texas when I was there. You could cut yourself on the blades, it was so "sturdy." See if you can find a couple African pygmy goats. They would help keep the grass/weeds down and are small enough to not be too much to handle. My sister used to have a small herd of them. Her pasture was nice because they ate all the weeds and crap grass and the burmuda grew really nice.

LizTheScot
December 1st, 2015, 10:40 PM
Well, we have two acres. And it's not really grass but clumps of weeds. That wouldn't work. lol

I wish I had a nice yard. We tried at one point somewhere along the way.

Maybe a goat instead of a mower?