PDA

View Full Version : OH, IT'S SATURDAY!!

MayinJerset
November 28th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Time to rise and shine - OK, it's time to rise and leave the shinning to someone else.
Going to begin my Christmas list and check out wrappings and cards. Left myself a note on last year's list,
MAILING VERY EXPENSIVE IN 2015 GIVE GIFT CARDS !!!
I could enclose the gift card in their Christmas card and gift will be delivered for the cost of a Forever Stamp. Sounds like a good idea, hope I really do that this year.

That's not going to work for DGD who lives in CA as yesterday DH spied a light blue Jersey Girl hooded sweat shirt that would be perfect for her. He also began making her 1 year old son a small wooden train set.

quiltingtrish
November 28th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Good morning May - it's good to sit here with a cup of coffee with you and anyone else who gets signed on and posts before I finish what I am typing.
I agree with the gift cards. I found over the years that the clothes I usually buy the kids, they don't wear. I do try to purchase what I think they will like - color and design but they give them back to me a year or so later saying they are finished wearing it after I didn't see them wear it at all. So, gift cards it is. I know they all like to go out to eat so I get the gift cards that have a variety of restaurants listed that I know they will go to. Plus, I have a car mechanical kit for each of them to keep in their vehicle. If they come home at Christmas, they will get it then. If not, they'll get it when they do get home, not mailing those - too heavy.
As for quilty gifts this year, I might make a few rag quilts. Just finished watching the videos on those and they seem easy enough. Think I will use a Joann's coupon to get those springy scissors to do the cutting. I can think of a few people that could use those. The nice thing is I already have the flannel for those - just sitting and waiting to be used up.
Well, off to get ready for this rainy day and get back downstairs. I am working on a baby quilt which is turning out pretty cute.
Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
November 28th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Good morning May, Trish and all to follow. Got up pretty early this morning and granddog Boo and I went out to see the sunrise. He was fine for a while but then he started getting into a panicky state of mind . I tried feeding him --- not interested; took him back out in the yard --- he had his ears back and was pulling me real hard. Brought him back in the house and tried to pet him to calm him down but to no avail. Finally gave up and woke up ds. He took him into the bedroom with him and I heard him use his "alpha male" voice to direct Boo under the bed and then things got quiet again. He usually feels safer under the bed (Boo, not ds, Lol) like he is protected from whatever it is that's making him panic. He just needs to remember to go there.

So, since hubby was still sleeping, I headed into my sewing room and finished piecing a tablerunner for a birthday gift. At some point today I'll be going into Brooklyn to bring ds and Boo home for a few days. They will be back next weekend when my other two sons arrive and we do this all over again.

Have a great day everyone

Quiltfreestyle
November 28th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I woke up way too early today, I guess because I was tired last night & fell asleep too early,,,
Nothing major on the agenda today except bill paying,,, yuk! Then DH & I will go for a walk in the park, trying to get him in shape after the latest health dramas. Then I'm going into the sewing room & finish up the table runners I'm working on.
I need to think about Christmas gifts for the the kids & grandkids. All live out of state so I may do what May is doing & get them each a gift card. It's hard to buy presents that they will enjoy long term when they have pretty much everything they want/need & our budget is limited.
Have a great day all