PDA

View Full Version : speedy gonzales.....

bubba
November 27th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Ryan, the oldest grandgirl, was over today. She wants to make presents for her sisters. You might remember the pillow she made herself, and yes, I lost two more charm packs to the cause! She did really good today and got the entire top of one sewn together in less than three hours. Took all the squares with two left over. Last time, it was an all day ordeal. Both of us were so proud of her, but most important, she was very proud of herself and the improvement she made!

When she was done, I asked her if she wanted to check out Walters power. It was set on max stitches of 660 per minute. After she did that, I turned him all the way up which I think was 3850 per minute, but she was afraid of that and wanted me to do it. Truthfully, I was a tad bit afraid myself! I stomped down and put the pedal to the metal.........there is no such thing as quality control when sewing that fast. I have no idea how they do it in the sweatshops, but I imagine they slowly build up to it. It is kind of fun and he is so quiet when he goes at that speed!!!

She will be back tomorrow to finish the other top.

shirleyknot
November 27th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I used to run them in a purse factory. It really does take some practice to go that fast.

Quiltfreestyle
November 28th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Wow!! I'd be scared to go that fast too & ive been sewing for years... But I bet it was fun, like driving a sports car on a closed course (professional driver,,, do not attempt). Haha

This makes me long to move up north so I can be closer to my grandkids , especially my one & only granddaughter. Maybe next year,,, at least that's the plan....