PDA

View Full Version : Black friday shopping anyone?

Deegles
November 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Did you get out this year? Do you have any exciting stories? Did you see any massacres? I would really like to hear your story......

CraftyJnet
November 27th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Sorry but I have no exciting stories. I went to Michael's this morning. They have good quality canvases on sale for 70% off! I bought six of varying sizes for my mother-in-law for Christmas. It was not crowded at all and I had no trouble finding parking. Then I went to Sephora (again no trouble parking) and picked up some stocking stuffer's for my daughter and her best friend. All-in-all, a very pleasant shopping experience.

asta
November 27th, 2015, 07:18 PM
I went to my LQS and they were all sold out of Crescendo's, they had 6 of them on Monday. But I got the sale price by putting one on lay-away, should be able to get in in 7-10 days.

Kgrammiecaz
November 27th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I did online only. Did a handful of orders. Two big ones. And I have never had so much trouble paying. Two orders were declined. My bank marked them fraud. Ugh. So had to call them and fix that first. Did a small walmart order. The site was so darn slow I almost quit. I am still waiting on approval of a TV I bought myself since the first order was cancelled by the fraud. Hopefully it goes through. Not sure how the fraud people get things through. Mine are valid transactions amd I cant get them through easily.

shermur
November 27th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Absolutely did not leave my house...with the exception of one on-line deal....

SallyO'Sews
November 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Went to JoAnn and waited a very long time, but it was to be expected. And the savings were well worth it. Also went to Hobby Lobby; they don't do "Black Friday" sales, so not very crowded. Excited about some pillows I'm going to make! Will post pics as I get them done. Also went to Macy's; picked up a bunch of sweaters for the menfolk in the family. It was crazy crowded.

God bless those who work retail - it's not for sissies!

Patsquilting
November 27th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Did not get out to the stores. If I ever do, I only go to Joann's Fabrics. I have so much I really didn't see anything special - BUT, did take a 2 1/2 hr drive to check out a long arm quilting machine I found on Craig's list. Well - went home with the machine - looked brand new - great price - let the fun begin!

Midge
November 27th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Didn't go out to the sales. I avoid that. But I did indulge in some online purchases today. And yes, sites were slow at times. That's the biggest stressor I had to deal with lol. I read somewhere online today that 2 -4 pm is the time of greatest foot traffic at stores courtesy of Google's measures. I'll take their word for it.

Hulamoon
November 27th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I don't need a thing but the daily deal :icon_happy: