PDA

View Full Version : Post-Thanksgiving Hoot

kimsophia
November 27th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Hootie hoot! Did you have a good meal? We did, and then we had another one from the leftovers. And there are still leftovers of everything except cranberry jelly.

Any Black Friday shoppers? Let us hear about your good deals... :)

I wound up watching the movie marathon in a chat room so that was fun. Although the chat went by so fast, with over ten thousand people in there, it was hard to keep up!

It's turning into a cold, wet, windy night. I should bring my Thanksgiving wreath in and transform it into a Christmas wreath. I want it to look like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/233093090/modern-christmas-wreath-large-holiday?ref=related-2

I bought a lot of silk hydrangeas at Hobby Lobby. And florist wire.

Tell us your news...@,@

Juliet Taylor
November 27th, 2015, 05:56 AM
No Thanksgiving for me, but this morning I could enjoy a slice of pumpkin cake I baked yesterday.
I was very pleased, this season I hadn't got the chance to make one yet!

Outside my window there is a gorgeous and sunny day but it's also very cold and extremely windy! It must be freezing cold!
No chance for me to go outside for a walk, I have a bad cough and I'm try to recover to go back to work next Tuesday.
In November I worked less than a week due to my sickness!

kimsophia, I really like the wreath you're working on! I think it will be beautiful! I'm thinking about making a Christmas wreath as well but I still don't know what kind :D

judimccl
November 27th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Hope you feel better soon Juliet. :icon_wave:

Midge
November 28th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Hootin' here too! Yes there are leftovers, but I tried to send most of the leftover food home with people. I need no excuses to overindulge so I try to remove temptation. I stay away from crowded stores, so I passed on the brick and mortar experience. I did buy some things online that I need for gifts, but I am going to hold off a bit on a few things to see if there are markdowns. Juliet, I love pumpkin cake! Especially the kind you make in a jelly roll pan and then roll up with filling. Yum. I'm officially tempted to do a little illicit baking. And Kim, I enjoy making wreaths too. The picture you showed is lovely. Good luck with it. Not sure what I am doing this Christmas for a door decoration. Guess I'd better make a decision. Well I need to get my raincoat on and take the dog out for a final potty break tonight. And then - I hope - to sleep.