PDA

View Full Version : Much to be Thankful For

Mom23
November 27th, 2015, 01:17 AM
I have so much to be thankful for. Along with Thanksgiving we celebrated my mom's 75th birthday today. She is on the front left in the family picture and I am on the front right. My two sisters are between me and mom. We also celebrated the engagement of my daughter.

I am so upset with my DIL I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I might just head out shopping pretty soon. She and my son drove almost 100 miles separately so she could be here 90 minutes and drive back to her grandpa's house to put up his tree and help her mom cook dinner. Of course she took our grandson with her. She couldn't even wait 15 minutes for my brother in law (he's in the wheelchair) to return from getting iv antibiotics at the hospital so she and Carter could be in the picture. I just cannot figure her out. I'm thankful my son chose to stay all day with us. It was good to see him with his brother and sister.

Tomorrow will be spent decorating the house and then I am getting back in my sewing room. I really miss it!

Quiltfreestyle
November 27th, 2015, 01:27 AM
This is a beautiful family picture, you are blessed. I'm sorry for your problems with your DIL. I hope you are able to resolve it some day, somehow..

SewnByBee
November 27th, 2015, 03:08 AM
HUGS Robin.......I sure wish she would be more thoughtful and share some time with you, so sorry.

MayinJerset
November 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Great looking family and Congrats to the engaged couple.

Sorry DIL made you upset it would have been nice to have your grandson and her in the family photo.

dwil23
November 27th, 2015, 12:20 PM
It is too bad your DIL is so self centered. She not only robbed you of time with DGS, she robbed him of memories and having a picture of himself with all of your family. What a great picture he would have had in the future. Sad that people can be that way.

But, looking on the bright side - yes you are very Blessed! It is wonderful to still have your Mom and so many others to celebrate the Holidays with.

Claire Hallman
November 27th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Those DILs are sometimes a worry but if she makes your son happy, that is really what you want.
Mine is not perfect but then again I am not either. She has given us two beautiful grandchildren so that makes her almost perfect to me.
Think about the joy she gave her grandfather and her mother. She also could have decided to not do the 90 min drive so it might be best to appreciate that.
Maybe someone could photoshop them into the picture.:)

auntiemern
November 27th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Oh honey, I am so sorry your DIL is so selfish and self centered. On the other hand that, you were able to celebrate your moms 75th b'day. How awesome is that? Focus on the good, and don't let her bother you. I swear she goes out of her way to do just that. BTW......your family looks wonderful.

SallyO'Sews
November 27th, 2015, 08:08 PM
What a good-looking group, Robin! Your mom looks so young! Best wishes to all.