PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

stationarymom
November 26th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope everyone spends their day surrounded by the people they love.

SewnByBee
November 26th, 2015, 04:10 AM
Thank you Joan, Happy Thanksgiving to you and all gere, we are going to celebrate the day together wth family and share with them the wonderful news, our first grandbaby being due in May. What at blessing
Hope you all gave a blessed day.

kimsophia
November 26th, 2015, 04:24 AM
I put the turkey breast in the crock pot so we can have our Thanksgiving meal early. Like, for breakfast. lol The potatoes are peeled and quartered, the celery and onion is chopped, the pumpkin custard is baked and the can of cranberry jelly is in the fridge so it will be cold. :) I'll go to bed after I eat. I would have liked to watch the MST3K movie marathon but I can't, with this sleep cycle. Happy Turkey Day to all! :)

Juliet Taylor
November 26th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know it's a celebration only in US, but when I was an exchange student I experimented Thanksgiving in Maine, I have a blurred memory after more than 10 years, but I still remember freezing watching a football match, eating delicious things with all the hosting family and sleeping in a guest room with a quilt! :D

I wish you only the best in this day and all the days coming! :)

Monique
November 26th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Enjoy your day no matter what you are doing. Safe travels for those on the road, the air or by boat.

Bubby
November 26th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Today is the Day! I wonder how many turkeys will be roasting today. I will put our turkey breast jin the oven after the pies are done. I still have fruit salad, green beans and dressing to make.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone....be safe and enjoy your family, friends and good food.

mischiefkat
November 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be warm, be safe, be happy. Kathy

Connie Jo
November 26th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone gets to spend time with family and friends. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for several reasons. May everyone enjoy.

kimsophia
November 26th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Oh man, I ate too much...lol I'd go lie down but I think I need to sit up and belch some more first or its gonna come right back up... :0 ...this crock pot method was quite good for the turkey. You do a dry onion soup rub all over it first and after 5 hours of cooking, of course it was just falling off the breast bone. In fact falling apart so much that there was no carving it, just pulling off hunks. I sure am thankful for a husband willing to have Thanksgiving dinner for breakfast! :D

Carlie Wolf
November 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope you hace a great day!

KarenC
November 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM
And Happy Thanksgiving to you Joan and everyone else. May everyone have a safe and fun filled day with family, friends, or alone if that's what you choose today. Turducken is in the oven, other items are prepped. Time for a shower now and then to complete the rest of the dishes. Family will be here before you know it. Then can start sewing again tomorrow.

JAM
November 26th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Grandma G
November 26th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Everyone is gathering at the home of one of our sons. This has become a new tradition for us as it has always been at my home and I have always done all the cooking but ever since the grandbabies have come along the kids want to start their own tradition so I have stepped aside so they can start creating their own memories. It doesn't mean I don't cook. Spent yesterday prepping food and everything is on schedule. I'm bringing my cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole & green bean casserole. Made a triple chocolate cake yesterday and tried a new recipe for pecan pie bars. My dh said last night he thought he should taste them to be sure they would pass inspection for today. Ha! He loved them so guess it is a keeper recipe.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and if you are traveling that you have a safe trip. You all are among the blessings that I am very thankful for today and throughout the year.

SewnByBee
November 26th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know it's a celebration only in US, but when I was an exchange student I experimented Thanksgiving in Maine, I have a blurred memory after more than 10 years, but I still remember freezing watching a football match, eating delicious things with all the hosting family and sleeping in a guest room with a quilt! :D

I wish you only the best in this day and all the days coming! :)[/QUOTE[QUOTE]

This s so sweet, I wish this day was celebrated all over the world, A day to give THANKS for all that we have, and to come together with our families and loved ones to EAt the meal of MEALS. Turkey and dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cranberrie sause, and lots of other sides dishes, like our sruffed mushrooms, and oh yes, Desserts. Yummmy.( my favorite).
The best part is the people you get to share thoughts s WONDERFUL meal with, they are what were are truly thankful for, well most of them, you know there are some that is hard to spend time with, but still we do. This year we have two empty chairs, I will light candles to represent them, as we remember all the love they brought to our lives. Life may pass on but love LIVES on, they will never be forgotten, they live through US and our memeries, this I choose to embrace so I can celebrate all the love that shaped our lives.

About that ball game, the Iron bowl is usually played, though this year in s SATURDAY the
big. ALABAMA V. Auburn. Can you say ROLL TIDE or down you War Eagle.....just have fun and enjoy another
Fabulous Tradition.

Have A Blessed Thanksgiving Day, wherever you are in the world, I pray for a day of joy and peace for us all, ALL around the world.

Be Blessed..............Happy Thanksgiving Day ;):icon_happy::icon_razz::icon_happy::icon_wave:

SewnByBee
November 26th, 2015, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=SewnByBee;821601][QUOTE=Juliet Taylor;821511]Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I wish you only the best in this day and all the days coming! :)[/QUOTE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,
This s so sweet, I wish this day was celebrated all over the world, A day to give THANKS for all that we have, and to come together with our families and loved ones to EAt the meal of MEALS. Turkey and dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cranberrie sause, and lots of other sides dishes, like our sruffed mushrooms, and oh yes, Desserts. Yummmy.( my favorite).
The best part is the people you get to share thoughts s WONDERFUL meal with, they are what were are truly thankful for, well most of them, you know there are some that is hard to spend time with, but still we do. This year we have two empty chairs, I will light candles to represent them, as we remember all the love they brought to our lives. Life may pass on but love LIVES on, they will never be forgotten, they live through US and our memeries, this I choose to embrace so I can celebrate all the love that shaped our lives.

About that ball game, the Iron bowl is usually played, though this year in s SATURDAY the
big. ALABAMA V. Auburn. Can you say ROLL TIDE or down you War Eagle.....just have fun and enjoy another
Fabulous Tradition.

Have A Blessed Thanksgiving Day, wherever you are in the world, I pray for a day of joy and peace for us all, ALL around the world.

Be Blessed..............Happy Thanksgiving Day ;):icon_happy::icon_razz::icon_happy::icon_wave:

SORRY,
it wouldn't let me capture the previous messages, was trying to fix it ,........eye roll...Lol.

shirleyknot
November 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM
While you are being thankful, do any of you remember to be thankful for the Native Americans who helped the original settlers make it through their first winter? Without them, there would never have BEEN a Thanksgiving.

Midge
November 26th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and a terrific 'regular' day to our international friends! May your dinner turn out as spectacular as Kim's did, and may your guests be on their best behavior. All of them. And if they aren't, may they see the stink eye you give them, shut up and eat. I say this as a realist...

Sylvia H
November 26th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Due to bad timing and a communication mix up, I will be spending Thanksgiving with my neighbors instead of any family. And that is just fine. A long time ago, I learned that any day can be Thanksgiving if you have a grateful and appreciative heart. My son and DIL and I will have a meal together before Christmas - and we will express our thankfulness then. Although I can't be with my daughter and her family, we will talk on the phone, and be thankful that we love each other across the miles.

Today, I have already had Thanksgiving breakfast with neighbors, and they have invited me back for their non-traditional dinner. Tonight's dinner will be chili, chicken enchiladas, and a multitude of desserts! Their guests will be an eclectic mix of different ages, religions and races. I think it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Divine Daisy
November 26th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone across the pond! May your day be happy and for those spending it alone, lots of love and hugs.

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2015, 05:51 PM
DS#3 has taken over the kitchen and is doing a great job. Turkey is done and it is 'resting' a bit before being carved, all the sides are done or almost done so we'll be having our feast in an hour or so. We'll let the apple pie warm in the oven while we eat. DS#1 should be here in time to share the apple pie with us.

GuitarGramma
November 26th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my dear M* friends.

A British friend of ours tells us that it's called Good Riddance Day in England. Is that true?

Quiltfreestyle
November 27th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Our parish puts on a Thanksgiving Feast for anyone who cares to attend, so this year DH & I joined them. This is the first year in our over 40 years of marriage that we had no family to share the day with so this was going to be a lonely day for us. I have to say it turned out to be truly blessed. I enjoyed helping for the last few days with all the preparations & the food was marvelous! All the traditional things plus many ethnic dishes from our diverse congregation.
A wonderful day....