PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed

quilter.martha
November 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi quilting family--

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I got a phone call from my sister in San Diego that my mom had been taken to the hospital with sever abdominal pain. A cat scan was done and they found a mass in her colon and also an area of the colon that had "died". She has maybe 2 weeks to live. I'm pretty sure the decision was made to not do any surgery. It won't change the bottom line, and with her dementia, even if it did, she'd be tied to a bed in a nursing home for the remainder of her days (she wants to pull off anything attached to her, and she'd have a bag from here on). That is not living.

I am flying out this afternoon and don't know when I'm coming home. I have a changeable ticket thankfully. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. I know they will help lift us up.

Martha

Monique
November 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Martha, what awful news. At least you have a chance to spend a little time with her. Treasure this time and all those memories you have. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong as I know you can.

Have a safe trip.

Loonwatcher
November 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Oh Martha. Monique is right - you are getting the chance to spend some time with her. Recall all the wonderful moments between you and your mom. You have a lifetime of those. Praying for you. Travel safe and take care of yourself.

mitzs
November 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Big prayers for you and yours and especially your mom. Hang in there hun and take care of yourself too!

Shirley
November 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Martha, you are in my heart and prayers.

mamaquilt
November 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thinking of you and your mom.

stitching woman
November 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Martha of course we will have you in our prayers! This will be a very hard time for you and your family lean on each other and we will be here when you need us. Safe travel and may God be with you and your family as you travel this path.

Bubby
November 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Martha...My heart goes out to you. You and your family are in my prayers....Big Hugs, Barb

EsGrandma
November 10th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Dear Martha, My prayers are with you and your family - know that God is holding you and your family in His arms.

meemeecyn
November 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Thoughts of you are sent, Martha.
(just mailed you a PM, Friend.)
Cynthia

Kizzie
November 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
oh Marth I'm praying for you and thinking of you lots today xxxxxxxxxxxx so sorry to hear this news xxxx

bobw103
November 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Oh Martha I am so sorry, moms are such special people. Hugs and prayers are coming your way.

Genny
November 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
My heart is heavy for you - sending prayers and comfort your way.

a1angiem
November 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Oh Martha, that is such sad news. My father had alzheimers and died in the hospital and it was an awful situation. Prayers and thoughts are with you...

bakermom
November 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Prayers for you during this difficult time.

HandsOffItsMine
November 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Dear Martha,

My heart aches for you and your family. Your mom will be in my prayers as well as you and your family. Travel safely, know God is by your side as well as all of us here in cyberland.

Hugs, Ruby

cyndiofthevortex
November 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Martha,

Lots of prayers from my family to yours. We'll pray that your family will feel the peace that only God can give. In the name of Jesus!

Love,
Cyndi

Blondie
November 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Martha,
I was offline by the time you got on this morning and I am writing this knowing you are not online but wanted to add my heartfelt sorrow over this type of news to receive. Praying for the Lord's loving arms surround you all in this time of sadness.
We are all here for you with much love, compassion and great affection.

K. McEuen
November 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

KiltedQuilter
November 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
You are in my thoughts Martha, such sad news.

Kelseyd
November 10th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry Martha. :(

quiltingtrish
November 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
So sorry Martha to hear your news of your Mom. I have prayers for safe travels and times spent with your Mom.
Big Hugs,

janluna
November 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Martha, all my love and sympathy to you and your family. Prayers are being said for a safe flight for you and for your family.
Hugs, Jan L.

mianmom
November 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Martha, you and your family are in my prayers.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Martha,
I am very sorry to here this but I will say a prayer for you and your family but especially for your mother! I hope they can think of a way to help your mother have a pain free and restful during the time she has left! My prayers go with you my friend.

sally
November 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Peace be with you my friend and with your family too. God's speed!

MaryB
November 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Martha, my thoughts, prayers and love are flying to your family too. Hugs.

Mary B

mmstewart
November 11th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Martha, you and your family will be in my prayers. Travel safely.

Monica

phoots
November 11th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Martha, I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. I know how dementia can effect a family, my grandmother had dementia. But the mass....I'm just not sure what to say. I've said a prayer for you and your family. Have a safe trip, spend some quality time with your Mom, and get lots of hugs from your family! We're all thinking and praying for you!
Pam

sewmuchjan
November 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Martha prayers and comfort coming to you and yours. Sending big hugs too (((((HUG))))) know that we are keeping you and your Mom in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless and keep you and yours in His loving arms.
Love and hugs
Jan G

bec
November 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Martha, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her, you, and the rest of the family.

SuziC
November 11th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Martha: My thoughts and Prayers are with you!!!!!!!!

wendyw1
November 12th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Big ((((( HUGS)))) for you Martha xxxx

donna-lea
November 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Martha, you and your loved ones are in my thoughts. Be brave, be strong and be the beautiful daughter that you are. Donna from Australia.

quilter.martha
November 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Morning all you wonderful ladies! I'm here in San Diego with my family and I want to thank you so much for all your prayers and support. It is making a huge difference.

Mom was quite ill when she was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, with sever abdominal pain from her colon issues and a severe urinary tract infection on top of everything else. They did a heavy dose of antibiotics and got her hydrated and she did perk up, enough so that the doctor thinks she can be released sometime today. We are in the process of getting hospice involved as she is terminal but there are lots of details still to be worked out with everything. I don't really think her going home is a good solution. Her BP is way too high and her dementia just complicates everything, but our medical care today is limited to what insurance will pay, etc. I was not impressed with her doctor at all. I felt he had already written her off and wasn't going to take the time to really look into her situation any further. But, the nurses and other staff at the hospital have been great.

So, please continue to pray for her and my family. It is taking its toll on everyone. Someone has to be at the hospital with her every single minute (day and night) or she gets very upset and out of control. Everyone is quite tired, including me. I can't seem to sleep a full night (jet lag, time change, stress, you name it). We need wisdom to make the right decisions, and still don't know how much time we're dealing with here.

So, again, thank you for your support. You're a wonderful group of women and I love every one of you!

EsGrandma
November 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Dear Martha, My prayers are with you and your dear family at this very difficult time. Linda

stitching woman
November 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Martha I hope you can feel my arms around you in this difficult time. Prayers for you and your family.

BellasQuilts
November 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Just up the road from you here in Solvang, sending you big hugs. Hospice was a blessing for our family with my mother in law. If you reach that point they are all angels that come down and help everyone through it. Doctors can be so callous sometimes. I am glad that the rest of the staff is so supportive for you. Praying you get the wisdom you seek in regard to your mother's care. Megan

Loonwatcher
November 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Martha I'm continuing to send my prayers and positive energy to you and your family. I know it's a very difficult time for you all. Bless you.

debinmalaga
November 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Martha, you and your family are in my thoughts.

janluna
November 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hospice is fantastic. They not only take care of the patient, they take care of the caregiver. They come to your home or take the patient into their hospice. They will make sure your Mom is not in pain. And will make sure you get rest and food. They will answer your questions and not leave you in the dark about how you Mom is doing. You can trust them.
Prayers are lifting your Mom and you up for peace and comfort. God Bless your Mom and you and your family. Hugs, Jan L.

bopeep
November 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear about this....You and Your Family are in our Prayers...
bopeep

Klasien
November 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Hello Martha,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.
You're in my thoughts, I really feel for you and your family!

Klasien

Sandy Navas
November 12th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Sending a special hug surrounded by prayers. Whatever needs to be done you will find the strength to do. Be sure to cram some rest in where you can and know that your friends here all are sending you love, too!!